Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 694249 times)

Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #350 on: 2009-06-12 21:21:58 »
I am just tuning in can i get a link for the updated one. I crash after a battle. plz help

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009-06-13 00:17:18 »
very nice work with PRP,  but im taking it as step farther ( for shits and giggles) check out the new project AVHD,   as for ice and the rest great job guys i loved the whole convertion *applauds*

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009-06-16 01:12:43 »
very nice work with PRP,  but im taking it as step farther ( for sh*ts and giggles) check out the new project AVHD,   as for ice and the rest great job guys i loved the whole convertion *applauds*

Remaking every NPC in the whole game with the level you've shown in your other thread seems to me like it would an insane amount of work, But if you were to do that, I would love you forever  :-D

To everyone still working on the project, amazing job! i'm loving this mod more and more.

@Grimmy: can you link (or send) me the patch to make the dialog boxes semitransparent?
« Last Edit: 2009-06-16 01:14:30 by hellbringer616 »

TheCoroner

« Reply #353 on: 2009-06-16 08:42:10 »
I have a question. Does PRP not only replace the NPC's but the backgrounds in final fantasy as well? Meaning the whole world etc.

2bestest

« Reply #354 on: 2009-06-16 15:28:29 »
nope just characters..

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009-06-16 18:08:44 »
Bringing this to the attention of everyone still working on this patch, the Materia that appears on the ground either flickers, or doesn't appear, is there a fix for this?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #356 on: 2009-06-16 18:25:24 »
hmm really? i never actually looked into this cuz everytime i install this patch, i get graphical glitches so i wouldnt know... sorry  :|

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2009-06-16 22:06:46 »
Just curious Grimmy and Squall (and anyone else still working on this that i don't know about) are you guys closer to releasing an update? Or are you releasing one after all the models are finished?

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009-06-16 22:24:30 »
Sorry people to keep you waiting,but i little busy now :-(..exams in university so had no progress (exept some models)
But I'll try to find time to make some models,to make release as soon as possible :wink:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009-06-16 23:30:23 »
Sorry people to keep you waiting,but i little busy now :-(..exams in university so had no progress (exept some models)
But I'll try to find time to make some models,to make release as soon as possible :wink:

No problem, I understand how it goes, Glad to know everyone is working on it still :-D

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009-06-21 10:01:22 »
Hi!It's been a while  :wink:

I'm back with tiny update!
I't still many models to rebuild but yesterday i made some experiments with many characters.Here it is:
1st i made "TRUE" 1st class SOLDIER Cloud(Somebody already made this thing but he don't response on my PM):

I bring sword on his back(like in NPC RP) and changed his proportions so he looks half Chibi but still he is tall model.

2nd is Tifa color change:

Want to hear you opinions about these model!Which one is better?And which one you want to see ingame?

BTW NPC rebuilding is still going(exept these two i made some NPC yesterday)...not so fast as planned but IT'S GOING

Yuffie_Lover

« Reply #361 on: 2009-06-21 10:07:45 »
I myself prefer Chibis like APZ................ i hope some one starts a mod like that..
lol..
i would my self. but.. i know nothing of how to make them from scratch..

but, something is off about the cloud model..
and the Tifa model.. looks like you just put a light in front of her...
tell me what you changed???
I think i am missing it due to me being half asleep..
 :|
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 10:10:19 by Yuffie_Lover »

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009-06-21 10:19:56 »
I don't used light at all!Ingame models don use it,so i tried don't use it too like in original.
Game makes light by it self.
Here some ingame screens:
Old PRP Cloud

My:

Tfa ingame:

Sorry,don't have save in better place  to make screenshots

Terid__K

« Reply #363 on: 2009-06-21 14:12:31 »
Looks like their faces are glitched up. But I do prefer the lighter models, the older ones are way too dark. You're in the right path.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009-06-21 14:34:55 »
I do like the darkness on the models, it somewhat adds to the game's emotion, but the old ones were a little too dark.  I like your new Tifa, but she needs to have at least a little color on her skin, I don't remember her being albino  :-P
Also, what's wrong with their eyes?  I noticed my game does that too

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #365 on: 2009-06-21 15:39:08 »
Squallff8 : Good work I like your tifa.

Bear : The problem with the eyes/face is that the texture is set to 25-50% opacity. To fix it open the model in kimera, open the head in the p editor. Select the group with a texture, click group properties and set it to 100%. click apply changes, close the p editor and save the model. Now the face texture will show up properly. On my game it was Barret and Wedge that had this problem, so it my be an individualized bug.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 15:41:03 by grimmy307 »

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009-06-21 17:57:23 »
Ok,People thanx for you commets!

2obesebear
I'm using Color Detector program to catch colors to use.And this new Tifa's skin is the same as original Chibi model.

2grimmy307
Thanx man!That really works!I fixed texture opacity and now its full visible!

koral

« Reply #367 on: 2009-06-21 18:54:34 »
I like these too!
I wonder why they were darker than the chibi ones though, maybe they didn't expect much contrast with the backgrounds during battles when compared with field backgrounds or something

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #368 on: 2009-06-22 01:24:43 »
While trying to figure out a problem with some of our custom face textures I descided to learn how to port models(since all they are is blank models wrapped by a texture). This is the FFX treasure box I did, I have it set to replace all the treasures in the game.

Yuffie_Lover

« Reply #369 on: 2009-06-22 04:45:48 »
I think you should scale it down a bit... it looks bigger that the character..

But thats just my opinion..

Still I like it! :D

:wink: Good Luck!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2009-06-22 04:55:26 »
Yuffie, that scene always has a massive sized treasure chest.  It will look regular size everywhere else.  Also Grimmy, I'm nearly finished with the enemy list and will email it to you by tomorrow probably (depends if I put some work on the BC vids).  Unfortunately I haven't found a way to extract FFVIII models yet.  I've also had some luck with the BC videos, I've just been consumed this weekend.

Actually, I haven't tried 3dripperdx... so maybe that will work.  I'll let you know
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 06:42:28 by obesebear »

Yuffie_Lover

« Reply #371 on: 2009-06-22 04:59:36 »
OH okay.. lol..
i just realized that..
xD

Sorry

well then that looks great!

but... just curious.. is it legal???

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2009-06-22 05:49:17 »
nvm
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 06:04:32 by Ultroman »

koral

« Reply #373 on: 2009-06-22 11:07:52 »
Yuffie, it's just as legal as anything else here.
Nice treasure-chest btw grimmy  :-)

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to extract FFVIII models yet.

did you just say... FF8 models?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2009-06-22 15:55:43 »
did you just say... FF8 models?
Indeed.  I've got all the monster models that could be implemented into FF7, but haven't had a lot of time to look around and try to find a way to export them to a usable format.   I have a viewer for them and that will hopefully use directx.  I tried Rinoa but it seems you don't have it set up to read the battle models  :|   

EDIT
 I did find a post by Qhimm from 2004 where he clearly figured out the battle format and had the models in 3DSMax.  Mirex' Biturn can open them (though not correctly)and convert them, but I can't get blender to work properly so I'm unsure if they are exported correctly

EDIT2
The link for enemies and their updated counterparts http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y81C4FNV
There are some that are still missing, but I'd say I'm 90% done.  The other 10 will come from Koral implementing the few missing Crisis Core enemies into Rinoa, and me going back through the FFVIII and FFX enemies to double check if any can be swapped with some of the more obscure FFVII enemies.  I'll also need to run through Dissidia.
Note: the ones highlighted in red are VERY debatable.  Since everyone and their mother already has the KH models, I don't see any reason to list them
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 18:21:47 by obesebear »