Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 690759 times)

Trishty

Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #375 on: 2009-06-22 18:24:51 »
This is my save point idea  :lol:

koral

« Reply #376 on: 2009-06-22 19:16:10 »
did you just say... FF8 models?
Indeed.  I've got all the monster models that could be implemented into FF7, but haven't had a lot of time to look around and try to find a way to export them to a usable format.   I have a viewer for them and that will hopefully use directx.  I tried Rinoa but it seems you don't have it set up to read the battle models  :|   

EDIT
 I did find a post by Qhimm from 2004 where he clearly figured out the battle format and had the models in 3DSMax.  Mirex' Biturn can open them (though not correctly)and convert them, but I can't get blender to work properly so I'm unsure if they are exported correctly

EDIT2
The link for enemies and their updated counterparts http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y81C4FNV
There are some that are still missing, but I'd say I'm 90% done.  The other 10 will come from Koral implementing the few missing Crisis Core enemies into Rinoa, and me going back through the FFVIII and FFX enemies to double check if any can be swapped with some of the more obscure FFVII enemies.  I'll also need to run through Dissidia.
Note: the ones highlighted in red are VERY debatable.  Since everyone and their mother already has the KH models, I don't see any reason to list them

RINOA v5.1 only support bare FF8 field models (minus texture-maps and skeleton), v6.0 (not released yet) shows these field models all properly (with guesstimate skeletons for most models) and glitchy Battle models.
I am working on it, but very very very slowly.

I haven't been able to confirm if the older CC-Model-Viewer shows anything different which RINOA doesnt, because I had made extensive changes so RINOA was more compatible with the CC files and didn't crash all the time.

Which models do you need from Crises Core exactly?

I had a look at your list, and it seems difficult to spot the missing Crises-Core ones.
The ones I could catch:
  • 8 eye
  • Epiolnis
  • Mandragora
  • Sample opt b

If I can find out which raw files these monsters are in, then I can look into it. Otherwise I have no idea where I would start.

There were quite a number of non-loading files actually, so I suppose that would be a handy starting point  :-P

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2009-06-22 20:21:34 »
it good to see the progress this is makeing!

love the train shot!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2009-06-23 02:30:42 »
RINOA v5.1 only support bare FF8 field models (minus texture-maps and skeleton), v6.0 (not released yet) shows these field models all properly (with guesstimate skeletons for most models) and glitchy Battle models.
I am working on it, but very very very slowly.

I haven't been able to confirm if the older CC-Model-Viewer shows anything different which RINOA doesnt, because I had made extensive changes so RINOA was more compatible with the CC files and didn't crash all the time.

Which models do you need from Crises Core exactly?

I had a look at your list, and it seems difficult to spot the missing Crises-Core ones.
The ones I could catch:

* 8 eye
    * Epiolnis
    * Mandragora
    * Sample opt b

The lower res models of Zack, Aerith, and maybe Cloud don't show anymore (but really it's not a problem... who wants lower res????)

Missing list
Epiolnis
Green Sahagin
Mandragora/grngrass
Maybe Gremlin and 8 eye and Imp
I don't think Sample opt b are on there

I haven't played Crisis Core in a while, but I'm pretty sure those guys are in there and unviewable...

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2009-06-24 04:38:47 »
This sounds bad and off-topic, but can anyone send me the ripped models of FFX and Dissidia? I need those, and someone who is willing to send them to me I might do them a favor by converting some models into FF7 for them. You can pm me or send the models to my email:  [email protected]

P/S: If this sounds too bad then ignore me.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2009-06-24 11:55:52 »
HEY!People!Need some help!
Is there any animation that makes Sephiroth model stand???Anytime i try open his model the AIAE.a error apears and i'm getting him in Hojo pose! :?

knight1120

« Reply #381 on: 2009-06-25 03:51:26 »

wow cute  :-D

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2009-06-25 10:41:35 »

It says Enter Password :?

Chocobo

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2009-06-27 05:21:22 »
Omg. The NPC reconstruction patch was amazing already, and now you guys are making another one... (I never saw this.) This is still in Beta right? Also, what if my folder isn't C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

But instead it's just

C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII

Will something bad happen if I make a folder named Square Soft, Inc in My Computer -> Program Files and place my Final Fantasy VII folder in there? Just asking, I deleted my Square Soft for no reason and it's just Final Fantasy VII now, nothing bad happened. Just kinda worried what would happen if I then MADE a folder.

Newbiest. Question. EVER:
Can I copy my save file and then put in somewhere on my computer (desktop, folder, etc.) and if I have a bug that doesn't let me play the game with the Phoenix patch, can I re-install the game and then place the save file into where the save files in FF7 go? So that if I screw up I won't have to make a new game... I have 1013 hours of playtime, and a lot of other crap which I wouldn't like to throw away.

I tried renaming it, I installed it successfully. Now I have another question. (I answered the above question myself.)

What if I don't have the disc anymore but the program is still in my computer? My friend said I might be able to 'trick' this thing into thinking I have the disc by putting whatever are the contents of disc 1, 2, or 3 into another disc...

I have the setup-1 (thingy) and setup-2 thingy,along with the original setup.exe thing... So is can I put that into a disc to trick it? I don't have the disc anymore now, it got scratched when I tripped... You get the point.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-27 06:54:19 by Chocobo »

Aranax

« Reply #384 on: 2009-06-27 18:32:22 »
First of all I would liek to say, Thank you! Seirously thansk a bunch for doing this and I would love to help out. Anyone got a link to a modeling tutorial for ff7? I got plenty of free time on my hands and would love to do some models.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2009-06-27 18:51:25 »
What if I don't have the disc anymore but the program is still in my computer? My friend said I might be able to 'trick' this thing into thinking I have the disc by putting whatever are the contents of disc 1, 2, or 3 into another disc...

I have the setup-1 (thingy) and setup-2 thingy,along with the original setup.exe thing... So is can I put that into a disc to trick it? I don't have the disc anymore now, it got scratched when I tripped... You get the point.
Sounds downloaded to me...

First of all I would liek to say, Thank you! Seirously thansk a bunch for doing this and I would love to help out. Anyone got a link to a modeling tutorial for ff7? I got plenty of free time on my hands and would love to do some models.
Shoot Squallff8 and grimmy307 a private message.  They are the two actively working on this, and could probably teach you all you need to know in one sitting

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2009-06-27 18:58:29 »
Sounds downloaded to me...

Not always, i like to make disc images of hard to find games (when i can) so i don't scratch up the discs, I did this with FF7 so the disc stay neatly inside the box where they are safe :-D

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #387 on: 2009-06-28 16:22:20 »
Aranax here is the tutorial for making models in kimera for this patch.

http://rapidshare.com/files/221676246/How_to_build_models_for_FF7PC.rar

Here's a to do list, kinda outdated. Check the previous pages to see if a model has already been done before selecting one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/237945139/28.05.09_characters.txt
« Last Edit: 2009-06-28 16:31:34 by grimmy307 »

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2009-06-28 16:47:38 »
It's better if you'll write me PM when you'll select model.
'couse i already made more models during this time.

Aranax

« Reply #389 on: 2009-06-28 18:51:52 »
Thanks for the reply guys. I have got the tutorial. I am gona be on vacation for about 15 days ill try to get started when i get back. And thanks again

Chocobo

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2009-06-29 09:18:23 »
So, can someone tell me the contents of FF7 PC Disc 1 or 2? (Or 3.. Whatever)

n0s4a2

« Reply #391 on: 2009-06-30 16:42:07 »
hi guys i just a week or so ago stumbled upon this project and was able to get everything up and running with all mods and the game played wonderfully with zero problems all the way up till the ending scene inside the planet where i had a slight issue with unhandled exception on vids last4_2 and 4_3 but when i started digging further into the problem i found out the vids had somehow become corrupt but other than that with everything runs beautifully and i must say what a wonderful job you guys have done with this project!!!!!!!! even the minigames run picture perfect!!!!

i am only curious about a earlier post grimmy put out about updating the vids to work with the new 1280x960 resolution as im running a amd atholon 64 3500+ with 2 gigs of ddr 400 on a nf4dagf board with a ati x700 pro vid card running hdmi out to a 37 inch 720p flat panel

i was just curious if the vids have been upgraded or rescaled yet or if its still a work in project and i was also curious if there were any new updates coming out and if so anyway i can get the raw files themselves so i don't have to use this installer which seems to give alot of grief with its custom names and executeables that tend to seem to cause lots of crashes or even just to get the vids and the lgp files would be fine as well

sorry if this is a bit of a pain......

but congratulations on all the hard work it seems to really be paying off the crashes are to a absolute minimal when running the old way of the project rather than the new executeables and the models are absolutely amazing, many compliments from my friends and other gamers who've seen these mods in action over here at my place again congratulations guys!!!!

Grim

« Reply #392 on: 2009-07-01 10:11:30 »
this has probably been asked and answered already ... if someone can just link to it pls ...

First of all I have a working and patched up (like 8or9 patches applied) ff7 install not in the c:\program files\.... directory

How do I get the PRP patch working with the opengl driver. Or better yet which files (.lpg) can I copy from a fresh ff7 install in c:\program files\square .....  with the PRP patched into my other ff7 intallation.
Is it simply a few files which I can copy over ???

Thanks a lot in advance.

Grim

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009-07-01 17:04:45 »
rename 00.lpg to char.lgp and 01.lgp to menu_us.lgp back up originals, and replace with those. Run from the original FF7.exe not from the PRP one

Grim

« Reply #394 on: 2009-07-01 20:40:21 »
hmmm after I applied the PRP patch to a fresh install to c:\program files\.... it told me the patch has been applied succesfully.

I get the 2 shortcuts on the desktop ...

however there is no 00.lpg or a 01.lpg to find.

Maybe that is due to me using vista 64bit?

Grim

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2009-07-01 23:12:32 »
they are in the FF7 directory under Data\PRP

It's not due to you using Vista 64, i'm using Win7 64 :-D

But it's not program files, it's program files (x86)

Jamers

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2009-07-09 17:39:38 »
Bug Report:

I only have the 1.02 Patch and PRP installed on a fresh maximum install of FF7 in the default location. I am also using a Logitech gamepad to play.

Every time I try to access the menu, the game crashes.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2009-07-09 18:08:19 »
That could be a lot of things. Does the game work without the PRP patch installed? And are you using Aali's custom graphics driver (which fixes a lot of crash issues)?

Jamers

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2009-07-10 00:15:32 »
That could be a lot of things. Does the game work without the PRP patch installed? And are you using Aali's custom graphics driver (which fixes a lot of crash issues)?

I've tried it with and without the custom driver, and it happens in both situations. The game works fine without PRP installed. *shrugs*

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #399 on: 2009-07-10 04:28:05 »
jamers: are you trying to run it from the ffvii.exe or the prp.exe? It should run either way, but I personally could never run the prp from the prp.exe.
If the game runs normally without the prp, then it should run with the prp lgps renamed. if you rename the files and put them into the proper location(vista needs an admin) and run the ffvii.exe the prp has no troubles.