Author Topic: [FF7PC] Grimmy's Models and Textures etc.  (Read 91925 times)

Songs

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Grimmy's Models and Textures etc.
« Reply #50 on: 2015-04-04 11:16:47 »
There aren't any **BA files in the JKA model or the donor model I'm using.  Did you mean a different set? 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: 2015-04-04 14:02:00 »
Did you change anything in Workshop -> OpenGL driver configurations before playing? The default settings will run the game on a 3840x2160 internal resolution, which may be a bit much for your system.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #52 on: 2015-04-07 14:09:18 »
Thanks for wanting to use that model chriserenity, but it is so old and outdated. I also never play tested it so it has a glitch. However it was corrected by Whiteraven and can be found here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13703.msg192139#msg192139 .

Songs

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2015-04-07 14:16:55 »
Thanks for wanting to use that model chriserenity, but it is so old and outdated. I also never play tested it so it has a glitch. However it was corrected by Whiteraven and can be found here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13703.msg192139#msg192139 .

Thanks alot! 

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #54 on: 2015-10-18 21:21:56 »
Updated Coaster Mini Game Textures.

Link on first post.
« Last Edit: 2022-08-23 16:46:12 by Grimmy »

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #55 on: 2016-11-12 01:16:34 »
I've got a little project I've been working on to share. It is a play as the Shinra mod based on Jeets mod for the psx found here. and a modded version of Scarlet from mr_nygren's play as shinra project found here. It is a 7thHeaven mod that fully swaps the entire party for the shinra so you can play through some events of the game that are only talked about. I am still scripting all these events in the flevel, but here is a little demo video of how it will operate.

https://youtu.be/52RiR5lD9hQ

And a few screenshots.

This will just be a story addition to the original game and not a stand alone play as Shinra mod. I should be ready to release the iro in the next few weeks unless I add some more scenarios.
« Last Edit: 2022-08-23 16:25:24 by Grimmy »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2016-11-12 12:50:06 »
Enemy models as playable characters D: how did you manage that?

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2016-11-12 13:54:34 »
Enemy models as playable characters D: how did you manage that?

In principle, it's easy. It's just that you need to heavily edit the AB file of a player character to make the enemy skeleton fully functional. Most of the time it's figuring out which animations look good with what command that's the hard part. Obviously enemy animations were never designed for using Deathblow or Morph or stuff like that.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2016-11-12 14:14:04 »
Is the documentation on the AB file still kicking about somewhere? I imagine I'll need to hex-edit it.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2016-11-12 19:50:56 »
This is probably the best place to look at when you're hex editing AB files. There's more stuff lying around the forums too, but you'd have to search to find it all.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #60 on: 2016-11-12 21:41:19 »
In principle, it's easy. It's just that you need to heavily edit the AB file of a player character to make the enemy skeleton fully functional. Most of the time it's figuring out which animations look good with what command that's the hard part. Obviously enemy animations were never designed for using Deathblow or Morph or stuff like that.

Yep, Jeet had already done all that in the PSX version, so all the commands do have an assigned animation.  I just had to extract the code and put it in the ab file.

Is the documentation on the AB file still kicking about somewhere? I imagine I'll need to hex-edit it.

Yeah, but i'll be releasing these in a week or two so you could just wait and then you'll have them to do with as you wish.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-12 21:52:51 by Grimmy »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2016-11-13 00:11:47 »
This is probably the best place to look at when you're hex editing AB files. There's more stuff lying around the forums too, but you'd have to search to find it all.

Cheers bud.

Yep, Jeet had already done all that in the PSX version, so all the commands do have an assigned animation.  I just had to extract the code and put it in the ab file.

Yeah, but i'll be releasing these in a week or two so you could just wait and then you'll have them to do with as you wish.

Looking forward to it; playing as the Turks or as Dyne could be interesting.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #62 on: 2017-04-19 22:18:35 »
It's been to long waiting to release this shinra mod, so before that here is something cool. It's my Kalm town battle stage.

and here it is in action

https://youtu.be/BwMO4PVg4-Y

Here's the download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/687kcvwthhigbwj/kalm+battle.7z

It's currently set to replace a blank field, but you could find other ways to use it.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 01:22:58 by Grimmy »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2017-05-04 10:12:42 »
Hello, what happened to the "Play as the Shinra"-mod - is it released?

Also, i play on Bootleg and would want the raw-files as i could easily implement those. I don't really care about the story being different - i just want the characters and their animations.

By the way, as for Jeets mod i have it fully working on my PSP since back in 2015 and it's cool - but the graphics are not on the same level as the PC-version obviously. I tried getting it to work on my modified PS2 but while the mod worked all the save-games couldn't be loaded. They get corrupt or doesn't work on a memory card for a pal ps2. And without working saves it's impossible to play the whole mod.

On the PSP it worked fine but it's a small screen..

On PC would be best. I know how to replace the models, change animations manually etc - but how do one add the animations directly from the battlemodels to the playable models like previewed in this thread? I read something about an AB-file - is it possible to just swap Cloud for Rufus and then insert the new commands in Clouds AB-file?

The second problem to this would be bones missing.. How did you guys add bones to the playable model? Or did you just swap the files? I tried that and while the animations did work - they had the wrong commands etc. Like doing their attack animation when clicking potion or the like.

If i would guess how you managed to do this i would guess on swaping the files and editing the AB-file so that all the cool enemy animations ended up with the right command buttons.

A tip on where to find Jeets commands, and possibly instructions on how to do this would be appreciated. Or if i could just use your character files would be awesome Grimy. Otherwise i'll do it myself but would want some help on how to do this.

I am a little off as i haven't touched FF7 modding since last year - but i know how to just replace the files and it's there problems with animations and buttons may happen. So any tip on how to add Jeetz commands would be great.

Also, i don't really want the field models shown here as i prefer them to not be cell shaded - but the animations and battlemodels sure. And world map models etc. Pretty much everything but the fieldmodels. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: 2017-05-04 10:14:28 by mr_nygren »

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #64 on: 2017-05-14 16:15:08 »
It has taken me longer than expected to make this Shinra Party swap function properly. Mainly due to the fact that the Kernel is loaded into memory once at startup, so I was unable to make custom limits or item names like in the psx version. But I can no longer keep spinning my wheels trying to trick this mod out and so I am releasing it as is. As stated above it is still based on Jeets mod for the psx found here. and a modded version of Scarlet from mr_nygren's play as shinra project here.

It is a small play through of what events may have occurred at the Temple of the Ancients before Cloud and Company arrived. I included the PHS anywhere mod to allow more playability with the Shinra characters since the event is so short. If you want to play with the battle models as a stand alone mod(outside of the story point swap) just use the Black Chocobo save editor and give your party the "Letter to Daughter" key item. That will swap the battle models, world map models and the avatars, but not the Field models or names. That's just if you want to do it as a stand alone mod, everything is fully swapped in the story point playthrough. Here are the Screenshots and demo video again as a refresher.

https://youtu.be/52RiR5lD9hQ

One side note. Dyne is shown above, but i pulled that character and added in Tseng. Just made more sense story wise.

The known issue with this mod is the same as the jessie mod. For the avatars to be swapped they have to be .tex files loading from a menu(direct) folder. For some reason a .png file loading from a menu(mod path) folder has a persistence like the 1st avatar to load is held in memory and never reloaded. The solution is still the same as with jessie, run your menu avatars as .tex files and then any avatar swap mods will work without any issues. THis is a 7H exclusive mod like the jessie mod because of the file swapping based on in game variable feature. I also built this using 7H 1.55, so i don't know if it will work properly under older versions. If anyone would like to use the contents of this story addition mod to create a full Shinra mod just unpack the iro using 7H and have at it.

https://mega.nz/#!6dJ3HQIa!nnsmIu9vOKX9EGpte0gnoFz24fb6GWyE4WHUWOqg5DU

I'll help with any questions other than "Avatars aren't changing/Shinra Avatars remain after main party returns", because I already spelled out the fix above. Also if you aren't using 7H 1.55 then you will probably have issues.
« Last Edit: 2022-08-23 16:26:21 by Grimmy »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2017-05-29 14:23:46 »
Could you please send the files with Dyne? I wanted that character to replace Barret in my sub-mod and i thought i could use your files to finish my sub-mod =):

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #66 on: 2017-06-03 09:19:59 »
I'd always turn "homo" for you Grimmy... and I keep coming back :P :P :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptkw2rPhAuM

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2017-06-08 19:19:37 »
I see you altered the Scarlet-model Grimmy.

Not only were the model file altered but also the animations - i think it looks less good in this mod.

The arm is not as properly connected and the victory animation looks more glitched. I replaced your Scarlet battle model (modified version of mine) with my original one. I just want to say to everyone that may read this that it's better to add the official Scarlet battle model as it isn't as glitched.

The arm and hand doesn't look as glitched

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #68 on: 2017-06-08 22:58:36 »
To each their own. I felt it needed more work.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 01:20:06 by Grimmy »

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #69 on: 2018-07-20 02:39:36 »
So, I like many have been following Jusete's awesome fields  and his progress. I just keep seeing and thinking about certain fields that are not 100% accurate and won't work in game without strange clipping. However these fields are generally really good and I've always wanted to use them in game, so I set my mind to doing just that. I started with the obvious choice to see if it would even be possible to Photoshop them to fit into game and here is what I've gotten so far.

The original Wallmarket Pharmacy

The remade Wallmarket Pharmacy by Ben Nicholas

edited Remade Wallmarket Pharmacy by Ben Nicholas - In Game

Download for that field
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kcw1ka9rrbfzdl7/mkt_s3.7z/file

I felt that the Wallmarket Pharmacy went really well and proved the concept, so I went back to a much older field I've wanted to get into game.

The original Costa del sol

The remade Costa del sol by Harro

My edited Remade Costa del sol - Still in the works

I am close to finishing the Costa field but might start a smaller easier field before publishing it. I have a minimum of 10 other fields that can be made to work. For those unfamiliar with why the fields have to be heavily photoshopped to work. Basically, if a remade field is not 100% accurate to the original then it will cause strange clipping and overlapping in game making them unusable. That is what I am correcting with these edits.

« Last Edit: 2022-08-23 16:22:39 by Grimmy »

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #70 on: 2018-07-20 13:37:22 »
They look amazing man, good work. What kind of editing are you doing in Photoshop??

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #71 on: 2018-07-20 23:02:06 »
They look amazing man, good work. What kind of editing are you doing in Photoshop??

Yep, CS5. Since these images have already been rendered in a non-accurate way, Photoshop is the best way(for me anyway) to get them to line up properly with the original images.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2018-07-22 12:52:15 »
Oh man, I can only imagine how much of a pain it must be to get backgrounds that are already rendered at the wrong angles and with the wrong proportions in places to line up properly with the game's walkmeshes. Good work.

I do have to ask, though, did you get the original artist's permission to distribute modified versions of his work?

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #73 on: 2018-07-22 19:02:02 »
Shouldn't really need to, but I will try. Providing the original Author with credit should be good in this situation, and has been a practice here for quite some time. In fact, there have been a number of times that my works on this forum have been taken, re-edited and redistributed here without any credit given to me and I haven't thought much of it. However, I did edit the above post to better credit the original creator and If he was to contact me and ask I take it down as it somehow bastardized his work I would. Likewise if requested by the Administration. Honestly, I'm just trying to share the love and let people enjoy that and other great fields in game. I make many mods and when I have one I can share I do for the love of the game and all the other fans. Anywho, all that aside I shot him an email and if he says yay or nay I will respond accordingly. 

While contacting him I found another field on his blog. Not sure if it had been shown here or not. https://belgianbooleancg.com/projects/oer6q

As for the field by Harro, I have received permission in conversations years ago to edit it to better fit into game.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-22 20:30:46 by Grimmy »

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #74 on: 2018-07-22 22:30:25 »
Hahah Today morning I found that one as well. It's very good.