Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Fighting and menu crash in the beginning  (Read 22271 times)

Sorry If this is a stupid topic but I already tried a lot of things, read the other topics, tried the 1.02 official patch the same things I always try before ask for some help, maybe I was just stupid and forgot soemthing but the game always crash when I enter in the first battle after cloud and the others jump from the train, if I push the menu button the game freezes too, please if anyone can help me I will be very grateful, thanks in advance and sorry about my bad english

Ohhh yeah my specs:

CPU: Pentium 4 HT 3.06 GHz
Graphics Card: GeForce 7300 GT 256MB
RAM: 512MB
Operating .System.: WinXP SP2 DirectX 9.0
« Last Edit: 2007-03-03 00:15:44 by Net Sphere Engineer »

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 Fighting and menu crash in the beginning
« Reply #1 on: 2007-03-03 14:55:36 »
Just use the Win95 compatibility mode.

« Reply #2 on: 2007-03-03 16:38:35 »
already tried that, well I uninstalled the game I will give another try!!!! but this have to be in the ff7.exe? Yeah stupid question but this compatibility thing never works for me and I always think that I'm doing something wrong

EDIT ohhh man no luck, the game still crash, any other ideas? I thought that this official patch from eidos should  resolve all the compatibility problems, please if anyone can help me!!!!!
« Last Edit: 2007-03-03 17:27:28 by Net Sphere Engineer »

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-03-03 17:30:18 »
you got to use YAMP minigame/swhirl effect hack, use the 1.02 patch and check if your version of FF7 is not a repacked one found online

« Reply #4 on: 2007-03-03 18:36:58 »
already used both patches, and this is not that Ultima thing if this is what you're thinking, this YAMP has a folder that came with patches this battle swhirl thing is automatic? and this kind of errors are very strange why I have a bad feeling? Thx a lot for you help guys, I hope we can fix this together, you all are my only hope
« Last Edit: 2007-03-03 19:05:02 by Net Sphere Engineer »

« Reply #5 on: 2007-03-05 14:53:32 »
Sorry but no one can help me? I really want to play this game!!

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2007-03-05 15:22:59 »
Since the newest version can't be downloaded from the YAMP support thread, download it here - MGP with integrated BattleSwirlFix (or whatever). This will (hopefully) stop the crashing when entering the battle.

« Reply #7 on: 2007-03-05 16:33:38 »
I overwrote the old patch and applied again this one and no change, what this error can be? it's very strange, no one seems to have this, if this was some common problem I could just follow the faq, like I said I have a bad felling, I really wanted to play this game, but if the problem is my pc there is nothing to do, I even closed antivirus and a lot of programs in a crazy tentative to run the game

thank you, if there is something else to try please say it to me, thx!!
« Last Edit: 2007-03-05 16:41:28 by Net Sphere Engineer »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #8 on: 2007-03-05 16:59:53 »
Error reports (one for each type of crash) would be useful ("Do you want to send the error report to Microsoft?" -> "View the report"). Copy & paste here, I'll see what I can do.

« Reply #9 on: 2007-03-05 18:57:39 »
Do you mean this?

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorzw2.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error2io3.jpg

how can I copy and paste that? I can't even select all the text, I can take screenshots but there are lot's of info, are you looking for anything in particular? Damn!!!!! I'm really unlucky it's a lot of trouble for me and who are trying to help
« Last Edit: 2007-03-05 19:08:06 by Net Sphere Engineer »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-03-05 19:45:26 »
What interests me is the memory address (in the first screenshot it's the 3rd line - 0x0..069b26d) and the type of crash. If it's the battle swirl crash that you've taken a screenshot from, then we have a second type of this crash (not good :P) - so I'd like to know which one was it. Oh, and the second memory address would be nice too :)

« Reply #11 on: 2007-03-05 21:32:33 »
New type of crash huh, so I'm really unlucky  :cry: I took another 2 screens but it's not like I'm having some fun, the windows save this in a folder or something? can't I get the entire errors in some place and just send it to you? I really see a BIG list of errors and I don't know how to identify what's the ones you need sorry about my stupidness, can this problem even get fixed? or maybe this is just one wrong thing that I have done? Like a program or something? I really don't know

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error3fn9.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error4bc5.jpg

EDIT here's another one:

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error5xz8.jpg

Ohh yeah this crash happens when I press the menu button, the same in the first battle, this is a new kind of error or just my bad luck hahaha
« Last Edit: 2007-03-05 21:41:36 by Net Sphere Engineer »

« Reply #12 on: 2007-03-06 19:16:26 »
do you need more images? or you're just busy? sorry but I really want to play the game

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-03-06 20:18:10 »
No, these are enough. I wouldn't expect a miraculous fix in 1 hour if i were you - considering that I don't have FF7 installed and I can't just debug-it-in-time. First thoughts after looking into this - it's some kind of linked list with misallocated memory - probably related to graphics.

I need some time to work this out and I can't promise anything.

« Reply #14 on: 2007-03-07 02:46:55 »
Ohh ok, It's not that I'm telling you TO FIND A WAY TO FIX THAT RIGHT NOW :-D I just wanted to read this kind of thing you already wrote now, I wanted to know if this will take forever to fix or I will never be able to play it, well I hope someday you can give me a way to solve the problem, if not that's ok, thx a lot man!!!!!
« Last Edit: 2007-03-07 02:51:35 by Net Sphere Engineer »

cloud7strife

« Reply #15 on: 2007-03-07 12:17:13 »
a know this kind of thing...had the same probleme on the old computer...but worked with 95 97 98 and dint workd with XP...i dont renmber what I did ...but it workd after...now I have a new comp...it works on it now...try changing the exe to 95

« Reply #16 on: 2007-03-07 13:44:38 »
The Win95 compatibility mode don't work I already tried, but thx for your help!!!!

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-03-09 09:24:59 »
One thing came to my mind. Assign one of the CPUs to the ff7 process (Task Manager -> ... something :)). Square might have a reason to use critical sessions in that code.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-03-09 12:04:18 »
Set Processor Affinity dziugo.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-03-09 14:04:43 »
Yeah, that thing :P Thanks, I'm one of those... CoreUno users :)

« Reply #20 on: 2007-03-09 16:14:12 »
That was a nice suggestion I really got excited  :-D but like they say in this site: http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/08/17/452630.aspx there are some cases that we can't solve the problem like mine, well but I'm not good in this things I just search it because I have nothing to do, well for me it's doesn't work I tried assign only to CPU 0 and nothing, the same just for CPU 1 the game still crash

Ohh my!! this guy from the site seems to be important :lol: he wrote a book!!! Look for what they say about him:

"Raymond has been at Microsoft for many years and has seen many nuances of Windows that others could only ever hope to get a glimpse of. With this book, Raymond shares his knowledge, experience, and anecdotal stories, allowing all of us to get a better understanding of the operating system that affects millions of people every day. This book has something for everyone, is a casual read, and I highly recommend it!"

Yeahhh nothing to do with FF7 but you guys can be interest, this kind of thing are Greek to me but others can learn something
« Last Edit: 2007-03-09 16:25:02 by Net Sphere Engineer »

« Reply #21 on: 2007-03-20 18:13:31 »
sorry but no more ideas? I guess I will have to play the psx version without the mod improvements then, that's a shame, I wanted to replay the game with the mods, but it's all my damn PC fault

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-03-20 22:15:38 »
Guess you don't read PMs. Oh well... Whatever.

« Reply #23 on: 2007-03-21 16:14:39 »
Sorry I just didn't see it, This forum don't show any warning messages for Pm's? ohh well my bad I have to pay more attention

Tried that patch and the game crashes after the square logo and give me this error:

http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error1gr1.png

Didn't I have to give up and don't bother you anymore? maybe this problem is unsolvable or when you fix this will appear more? I wanted to play the game but if there is no way I have to live if that  :-(
« Last Edit: 2007-03-21 17:17:00 by Net Sphere Engineer »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-03-21 17:41:42 »
It was supposed to be giving you another crash - it's just the address that looks weird. Did you use 1.02 US ff7.exe?