Author Topic: 7th Heaven doesn't work with LiBRE  (Read 2047 times)

LegacyHero

• View Profile
7th Heaven doesn't work with LiBRE
« on: 2020-08-08 18:40:30 »
So, there's an old app called LiBRE which edits the FF7.exe file and allows you edit the Limit Break data for each character.  Unfortunately, I think 7th Heaven changes the FF7.exe back to its original state when launching, thus removing all changes previously made.

Is there a workaround for this?  I love 7th Heaven, but I also love customizing my limit breaks!  :(

Khrone

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven doesn't work with LiBRE
« Reply #1 on: 2020-08-10 00:23:40 »
It should still work by modifying the .exe 7th Heaven is using. It's located inside \Resources\FF7_1.02_Eng_Patch\
You should backup it before trying anything tough, just in case.

LegacyHero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-08-10 11:00:36 »
Yep!

That did it.  Did not know 7th Heaven was accessing a different FF7.exe other than the one in the main folder.

Thank you!  This was frustrating me to no end.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #3 on: 2020-08-20 11:24:00 »
Do not do it this way. The ff7.exe that 7H includes now is edited for LAA and DEP. Replacing that exe is a bad idea and can lead to memory issues and crashing. What you should do is take your exe that you made that is edited and rename it to something like mycustom.exe. Then go into your 7H Settings>General Settings and point it to your custom exe. Custom exes are not replaced by 7H.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-08-21 19:57:51 »
Yep!

That did it.  Did not know 7th Heaven was accessing a different FF7.exe other than the one in the main folder.

Thank you!  This was frustrating me to no end.

Workaround I would suggest is converting to memory hext patch, its basically updating the exe in memory instead of on disk.

If you hop on discord I will help you with it, and make a hext patch for you which you will be able to load as a mod in 7h for the limit break changes.