Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008326 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04b)
« Reply #2300 on: 2016-01-03 16:20:17 »
Covarr, there is. Aali's v0.8.+ includes the vgmstream_music.fgp plugin, which plays OGG music from the root\music\vgmstream folder.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I also thought the converter was supposed to enable this by default, but this is the second time this week I've seen someone have trouble with it after running converter, so I don't know what to think at this point, unless converter didn't properly succeed for some reason.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: 2016-01-03 16:26:10 »
Cloud's and Sephiroth's because they are based on the high res models already in the game.  The battle models have hands and feet and I consider them good enough that they don't need an update (although Barrett does need fixing because you can see through his waist).  off course, there are different packs around that can change them :)

Fair enough, I just thought if you were using Kaldy's models (which use a lot of game assets) you'd just run with it. No biggie, it's nothing a little ChaOS can't solve.

This is not related to Reunion.  " (so everything is directly related to Reunion)."  - You've used a converter and you also use Aali's driver in either 1998 or Steam - not to mention the original game is littered with bugs.

Easy cowboy, I meant Reunion is the only mod I have on a clean install right now. I purposely reinstalled the game to help bug check. Yes, I used the converter with Aali's driver but seeing as how both of these are common practice it shouldn't have been a surprise. (;

Yeah, that's what I thought. I also thought the converter was supposed to enable this by default, but this is the second time this week I've seen someone have trouble with it after running converter, so I don't know what to think at this point, unless converter didn't properly succeed for some reason.

I must have deleted the install log after "spring cleaning" my FF7 folder; but I did look through it and everything was installed correctly (as far as the log was concerned). Can you manually turn this on in the config? Would installing Anxious Heart fix this issue?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 16:41:52 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: 2016-01-03 16:28:12 »
You can try it.  And let us know :)  :P  Although AH will not fix sound effects.

Shasta McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: 2016-01-03 16:28:53 »
Just spotted this.  Wait until tomorrow.  I'll have something for you then.  I'll be in touch with Luksy and we'll get latest out.

Is Touphscript something a layman can use by the way?  I got a little intimidated by the DOS window because I have no computer programming experience.  I know exactly the terms/spells/options I want to change and have them all written down, but I have no idea how to navigate code, and the readme seemed a little difficult to understand.  Is the program generally a user-friendly experience for the programming virgin?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 16:31:02 by Shasta McNasty »

amborgeson

• View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: 2016-01-03 17:14:10 »
I am doing a fresh reinstall of FF7, steam version (deleted the folder, downloading now), and was reading over the readme while I waited. You have several mods listed as not compatible, are there any you are specifically compatible with/recommend in addition to this mod?

Edit: Just read a bit I missed in the post's FAQ, so I'll take suggestions from others if they improve things a lot, as Mod author hasn't looked at what other mods might be good.  :)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 17:16:28 by amborgeson »

Atortasrastasge

• View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: 2016-01-03 17:57:18 »
Hello. I just registered to give you some bug report!

[MODEL OVERHAUL] Cloud's texture not loading correctly in Chocobo's Racing or the motorcycle minigame
[PATCHES] Applying the "always run" patch will considerably speed up the game. (I wanted to run, but not like that =p)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: 2016-01-03 18:21:19 »
[MODEL OVERHAUL] Cloud's texture not loading correctly in Chocobo's Racing or the motorcycle minigame

I'll look into this - but it's likely one for Kaldarasha.

[PATCHES] Applying the "always run" patch will considerably speed up the game. (I wanted to run, but not like that =p)

Always run does not speed game up.  You may be using one of your buttons as select (see config menu / main controller menu to make sure), which would then speed the game up because you'd be using the speed up option.  Default run does not touch game speed.

Is Touphscript something a layman can use by the way?  I got a little intimidated by the DOS window because I have no computer programming experience.  I know exactly the terms/spells/options I want to change and have them all written down, but I have no idea how to navigate code, and the readme seemed a little difficult to understand.  Is the program generally a user-friendly experience for the programming virgin?

Please take these queries to the ts thread.  I won't answer any more here.  Ts is very user friendly.  See the readme.  But wait until new ts is out because the old does not support R04.

Atortasrastasge

• View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: 2016-01-03 18:28:22 »

Always run does not speed game up.  You may be using one of your buttons as select (see config menu / main controller menu to make sure), which would then speed the game up because you'd be using the speed up option.  Default run does not touch game speed.
No, I don't mean "pressing the button speeds up the game". I mean the whole games is sped up if the "always run" patch is applied.
I also applied the 60fps patch as well, but it only speeds up if the "always run" patch is applied.

I should tell you that I'm using the Steam version as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: 2016-01-03 18:33:02 »
The default run cannot speed the game up.  As far as I can see that would be impossible. It doesn't do it either in Steam.  You must be using a certain button as select which is then being pressed.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: 2016-01-03 18:39:35 »
Can you manually turn this on in the config?
In ff7_opengl.cfg, look for this line:

Code: [Select]
#music_plugin = plugins/vgmstream_music.fgp
And remove the # at the beginning. Save, and it should be fixed.

If this doesn't work or you have further problems, please start a new thread in Troubleshooting, as this problem is unrelated to Reunion.

Atortasrastasge

• View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: 2016-01-03 21:50:07 »
The default run cannot speed the game up.  As far as I can see that would be impossible. It doesn't do it either in Steam.  You must be using a certain button as select which is then being pressed.

oh, I see what you mean. I'm sorry, I wasn't specific enough.
Neither the videos or the music are sped up, but animations and movement are playing way faster than they should. That is true for Chocobo Racing and movement both on maps and cities, etc. But not the music nor the videos.
I uninstalled the patch, reinstalled with the same settings, and the results were the same. I tried again, this time without the run button patch, then it work normally.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: 2016-01-03 22:08:23 »
Default run can't do any of that, either...  :P  It's not possible.  There has to be some other factor involved.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04c)
« Reply #2312 on: 2016-01-04 06:34:17 »
The Reunion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBhvBN3lmWg&t=01m55s

READ THE HELP FILE (Reunion-help.rtf)!

Before posting a bug report, be sure it isn't already mentioned on the Bug Tracker

Download R04c
Donate HERE

The Retranslated FMV are on the first post and need to be manually placed into your Movie folder. The Movie folder may have to be manually created, the FMVs from the disc copied to hard-drive, and the registry edited. I will provide details at a later time, if someone doesn't do it before me.

The best way to install The Reunion (so that you can reinstall) is to install all non-conflicting mods FIRST, starting with clean files. From there, place the correct files (noted in the Readme) into a new folder "Backup-Reunion", inside the game root. Each time The Reunion is installed, it will then use those files. If you aren't using any other mods or they do not conflict with the Reunion, you may ignore this advice.

Changes
Beacause

1. Corruption with enemy names fixed.

Menu Enhancement

1. Dialogue box issue (being too low) fixed.
2. Gil number centred in Chocobo minigame.
3. Battle Countdown graphic properly placed top left.

Model Overhaul

1.  Broken Cloud model removed from Chocobo Races
     and G-Bike until fixed.

Other
1. Chocobo Race texture option added. This mod is by satsuki and 5way.
2. Option to use new Limit/Time bar colours.

Still to-do
Still to-do

1. Work with IlDucci to perfect the controller icons.
5. Tweak config menu text positions.
6. Add Weapon support for Steam.
    This means adding 60fps Coaster and Snowboard.
7. Begin finalizing Beacause, part by part, with the
    help of Merkabah.
8. Sort battle quit menu and quit option in general.
9. Fix issue with enlarged Steam command preview in menu.
10. Add 2 columns for battle Item and battle Summon boxes.
11. Finish new submarine minigame.
12. Begin work on Soldier Quest.
13. Resume work on main Weapon code.
14. Restore Playstation icons for Steam Fort Condor battle
     (and possibly other areas).
15. Improve church scene script with Leno / Aerith / Cloud
     model interaction.
16. Add other bar colour changes to the option.

Automatic modifications made by the Reunion
Beacause (complete relocalization of FF7)

Menu Enhancement (Massive restoration of all menus).

Battle menu moved to bottom of screen. Effective area expanded.
Battle messages are in autosized box.
Coins are smaller in Coin menu.
Fort Condor sprite speed can be increased further.
Field and World map dialogue box area increased (especially in 1998 Version)
Bombing Mission music should sync to Barrett's movement at start of game.
Sense limit is increased from 32767 to 65535 (It's too hard to increase this further).
Menu animation is smoother (menu boxes open using more frames).
Main menu opens smoother (see above).
Dialogue boxes are neater, and the sentences are closer.
Font spacing is improved.
Menu font kerning is corrected.
Menu descriptions are centred.
Swap menu cursor remains in correct place after exchanging materia (thanks Dziugo).
Main game timer upper-limit increased to 999hr 59m 59s.
Playstation icons reinstated.
Menu dialogue stays on screen for a sane amount of time.
Status menu does not include unused Status Effects.
More item rows in menus.
Chocobo names at the Chocobo Races can be longer.
Submarine and Field fps are corrected to 30, instead of ~32.

Numerous script fixes.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-06 23:37:07 by DLPB »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2313 on: 2016-01-04 07:34:00 »
@DLPB

I was browsing the forums for your FMV mod and came across this: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11867.msg173677#msg173677

Months, eh? :lol:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: 2016-01-04 07:36:50 »
Yeah, what an underestimate.  Although - if I were Japanese speaker, it would have been much easier/quicker - apart from all the English grammar and stuff which has been an ongoing nightmare.  But having two people work on it has had its beanefits. Luksy has been invaluable, especially given the competency needed. And Covarr has been a valuable asset.

But the good news is - this really is now heading for a true completed status... i'm starting the story walkthrough on Youtube as of next week :)  And the only real changes now will be issues brought up by the proof checker, and grammar issues.

Also, forget my older FMV mod - it's crap.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 23:41:24 by DLPB »

Settyness

• View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: 2016-01-04 08:07:33 »
2. Option to use new Limit/Time bar colours.
Appreciate you throwing that in there. 8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: 2016-01-04 10:03:51 »
Really didn't want to start adding more options - but it's a bit like chess.  Gotta shut down all future attacks. :P

Bryan244

• View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: 2016-01-04 18:11:31 »
Okay only complaint I have which you addressed in the read me is that the cloud town model arms are too far apart. I thought  Kaldarasha fixed this or his model doesn't have this problem? Well I do know it is not your fault I just wanted to list it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: 2016-01-04 19:14:44 »
Yeah, it definitely needs fixing.

Bryan244

• View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: 2016-01-04 22:22:30 »
Hopefully it does, but it is a good model.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 2016-01-05 00:18:04 »
Anyone having trouble with 1998 version and FMV:

The FMV need to be manually placed from your discs into "movies" in the game root.  If Final Fantasy has been installed to C:\FF7  then this is C:\FF7\Movies

You then need to change the registry (open Regedit  from the Run box (Press Windows Key + R).

The registry entry for 64 bit Windows is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
The registry entry for 32 bit Windows is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII

The "MoviePath" key should have a string value of C:\FF7\Movies\  for the above example.  Change it depending on your installation.

You can then copy the retranslated FMV linked to on the first post to your Movie folder (remember - you first need to copy all FMV from the discs to this folder).

I can already tell this is going to be a hassle :P  Has anyone made a mod to change the MoviePath?

If using Steam, the registry does not need editing. The FMV are already on harddrive at Root\data\movies. Simply copy the retranslated FMV to there and overwrite.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-05 00:26:09 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: 2016-01-05 00:23:17 »
Don't forget, I made a tool to do this for you for people who are afraid of the registry.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: 2016-01-05 01:04:26 »
I've also just added the change automatically for 1998 version for R04d.

jmp434

• https://www.paypal.me/jmp434
    • View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #2323 on: 2016-01-05 01:24:51 »
Hello,
I spend here to announce that I'm changing with Touchscript in the french menu. For now, it works well, but I certainly still find a bug. I wondered if it was useful to publish the test?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: 2016-01-05 01:27:46 »
Not here. This thread is for the Reunion.