Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825605 times)

boozek

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.8)
« Reply #10075 on: 2020-08-06 17:54:27 »
when are you able to pickup the items in the costa del sol villa basement?
do I need to be the owner of the building?

Walker--1995

• View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: 2020-08-06 18:09:20 »
It's available in both Type A and Type B but the way it is done is different:
Spoiler: show

During the fight, she'll be revived by the boss and start to attack the player party. If she survives the battle, she'll stick around; if she's KO'd then she won't and you get the only Ribbon available in the game. To boost your chances, avoid using random-target or forced-All attacks like Meteorain, Tifa's Limits, Aqualung, etc.

Off-topic, it's been mentioned a few times that some users prefer the PC prompts for buttons so I've added them alongside the controller button prompts. They'll be in the 2.0.9 update.
I did wonder why she was in there and possibly thought that might be the case but wanted to ask you for clarification since you know more than any of us 😊 thank you so much! I thought I’d have to start all over again ( I wouldn’t have minded I love this mod) i can progress now!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: 2020-08-06 18:18:27 »
Type B:

- Super minor thing. When you met Tifa she already appears named as "Tifa". Afair the game never saw any name before you name the character yourself.
- Innates are not updated in the beginner hall in sector 7

I'll catch those for 2.0.9

when are you able to pickup the items in the costa del sol villa basement?
do I need to be the owner of the building?

You do need to buy the villa, yeah.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: 2020-08-06 19:48:13 »
Oh yeah, will there be further script/event changes in the future of Game Type B? The changes prior to Wall Market were really solid (and were exceptionally refreshing after having done the Reactor Bombings several times lol), and I really hope there are more event changes like that in later versions of 2.0 Type B.

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: 2020-08-06 20:17:20 »
Type B seems to replace the Demon Wall fight with two Hect-Eyes.
Closest Save: https://mega.nz/file/qYoURQzJ#EzH-Jtn7tlYwdtdO2L_k0ZHtTtws4e---kg-WPCNxiU

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10080 on: 2020-08-06 20:22:01 »
Oh yeah, will there be further script/event changes in the future of Game Type B? The changes prior to Wall Market were really solid (and were exceptionally refreshing after having done the Reactor Bombings several times lol), and I really hope there are more event changes like that in later versions of 2.0 Type B.

I'll see what I can do.

Type B seems to replace the Demon Wall fight with two Hect-Eyes.
Closest Save: https://mega.nz/file/qYoURQzJ#EzH-Jtn7tlYwdtdO2L_k0ZHtTtws4e---kg-WPCNxiU

I probably set the wrong ID, will correct tonight.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: 2020-08-06 22:02:39 »
Hm.  After facing the type b version of the motor ball everything has felt super vanilla.   About to enter the golden saucer, haven't really noticed any other differences from game type a.  Intended?  Any way I can verify that it's still running type b over type a?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: 2020-08-06 23:25:55 »
Hm.  After facing the type b version of the motor ball everything has felt super vanilla.   About to enter the golden saucer, haven't really noticed any other differences from game type a.  Intended?  Any way I can verify that it's still running type b over type a?

Gongaga should have a different event at the Reactor, with no Turks.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.7)
« Reply #10083 on: 2020-08-07 01:42:41 »
There is no midcore difficulty, just normal mode and an optional hard mode; Type A and Type B may be harder/easier than each other in places depending on the situation. Midcore is the term I use to describe the mod's intended level of difficulty as a whole; the aim is for a middleground. I had this aim for both 1.5 and the 2.0 rebuild.

Very interesting! Btw, is there any option to configure hard mode? I would like to configure hard mode in order for it to increase enemy levels by 1.5x but not reduce exp or gil.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: 2020-08-07 03:06:04 »
Psh I would crank that hard mode setting up to 2x if given opportunity in trade for regular exp and gil

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: 2020-08-07 03:46:03 »
Very interesting! Btw, is there any option to configure hard mode? I would like to configure hard mode in order for it to increase enemy levels by 1.5x but not reduce exp or gil.

Psh I would crank that hard mode setting up to 2x if given opportunity in trade for regular exp and gil

I'll review the Hard mode setup for a 2.1 update in the future.
Patch is up:

v2.0.9 - 7/08/2020
*) PC Button Prompts added alongside the Controller button prompts.
*) Yuffie: Fixed issue where Throwlette would only trigger if she was Defending prior to its charge.
*) Updated innate text for Yuffie and Red XIII.
*) Mt. Nibel: Some field models intended for later were visible during the flashback.
*) Oversight where Hard Mode and Standard Mode were flipped at the start.
*) Weapon Raid: Type B continuity corrected.
*) Beginner's Hall: Menu Selection had extra blank options set.
*) Kalm Traveller: W-Attack was being given instead of W-Magic.
*) Nibelheim Flashback: Mt. Nibel music was playing earlier than intended.
*) Sephiroth: Changed Odin to Bahamut in Flashback.

The crash that can happen on the Turks field for the Mythril Mines is proving difficult to replicate. I tried retracing a user's steps (they mentioned losing audio for fights during the Flashback which I thought may be the culprit as these carry through until reset, like a game reload) but was unable to replicate the loss of audio in the flashback and when I reached the Mythril Mines the field loaded as normal. If a user reading this encounters a crash on the Turks field of the Mythril Mines using Reunion or 7th Heaven then a copy of their app log would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-07 04:18:06 by Sega Chief »

Doll

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9)
« Reply #10086 on: 2020-08-07 07:45:45 »
really liking this release. All the new stuff on the B route is great so far. I also feel like the hard mode feels kind of weird. probably good to restrict people from buying 900000 high potions or whatever, just feels weird. wonder how hard it's going to make stealing in the future. the replacement for airbuster felt really good though.

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: 2020-08-07 11:13:24 »
I've just defeated the boss at Mt Nibelheim and got the second SP upgrade. However, the boss stayed there, and I went to check if it actually was and I triggered the boss fight again and this time the boss disappeared. In doing so I just noticed I got a third SP upgrade, which I'm guessing I shouldn't have.

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: 2020-08-07 14:42:51 »
When the Sand Worm runs out of MP in the Corel Prison Desert, it starts targeting itself with Earthquake until it dies. Not sure if this is a vanilla bug or what.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: 2020-08-07 16:43:35 »
Silly question.  Type B is aeris only supposed to have 2 sp upgrades?  Should I be worried o.o....

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: 2020-08-07 17:00:39 »
Could the Enemy Lure materia receive the same treatment as Enemy Away? Like really boost encounter rates. Grinding with it doesn't do much (and it gives no stat).
« Last Edit: 2020-08-07 17:24:51 by Berub »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: 2020-08-07 19:05:42 »
I've just defeated the boss at Mt Nibelheim and got the second SP upgrade. However, the boss stayed there, and I went to check if it actually was and I triggered the boss fight again and this time the boss disappeared. In doing so I just noticed I got a third SP upgrade, which I'm guessing I shouldn't have.

I'll have a second shot at it.

When the Sand Worm runs out of MP in the Corel Prison Desert, it starts targeting itself with Earthquake until it dies. Not sure if this is a vanilla bug or what.

Seems the target flag is off, I'll adjust it. Seems to be Grand Slam that's not doing what it should be.

Silly question.  Type B is aeris only supposed to have 2 sp upgrades?  Should I be worried o.o....

Nah, shouldn't be worried.

Could the Enemy Lure materia receive the same treatment as Enemy Away? Like really boost encounter rates. Grinding with it doesn't do much (and it gives no stat).

I'll see if increasing it does the trick.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: 2020-08-07 20:31:42 »
Any missable content related to Tifa Piano playing or all can be done on Discs2/3?

The Lost Number Boss - you can steal an item form him in 2nd form, is it different item depending on which form he is in or its always aurora rod?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-07 20:40:36 by boozek »

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: 2020-08-07 20:58:40 »
I'm trying to update to 2.09 and none of my mod catalogs are working including segas.

Says remote server is unavailable.

Anyone else having issues today?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: 2020-08-07 21:13:17 »
Any missable content related to Tifa Piano playing or all can be done on Discs2/3?

The Lost Number Boss - you can steal an item form him in 2nd form, is it different item depending on which form he is in or its always aurora rod?

Don't think there is for Tifa's piano, the elemental Materia you could get on Disc 2 by playing it while she's party lead isn't there now.

The two forms of Lost Number have different steals from each other, and have four each. They all have the same base chance but as they're checked for in descending order it means that the first listed item has a better chance than the last as the last item needs the previous 3 checks to fail before it is considered.

I'm trying to update to 2.09 and none of my mod catalogs are working including segas.

Says remote server is unavailable.

Anyone else having issues today?

Seems to be OK on my end when I download other IROs from the other catalogs + the ones from my own. I have a direct download for the IRO on the first page of this thread if that helps.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-07 21:15:15 by Sega Chief »

DefMettle

• He who shouts loudest can only hear his own voice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10095 on: 2020-08-07 21:19:26 »
*) Mt. Nibel: Some field models intended for later were visible during the flashback.

In Clouds Past section before you enter MtNibel Reactor there is a sequence where Cloud and Seph are walking where there is a GScorpion and 2 Guards. I assume these are the models you removed...

I was Excited and confused for a second, "this is cool, Boss fight in Clouds past. why would it be against ShinRa though hmmm" the characters walk straight through them and i figured, "Okay that was a mistake they are for later obviously". I went back to previous screen to check them out, and I got stuck and couldn't progress any further.  :cry:

playing on 2.0.6

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: 2020-08-07 21:49:44 »
Aerith's healing rods that apply Barrier or MBarrier aren't giving their respective Barrier buffs. Is this a percent chance thing to happen? or are they just not working as intended?

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: 2020-08-07 22:24:44 »
Don't think there is for Tifa's piano, the elemental Materia you could get on Disc 2 by playing it while she's party lead isn't there now.

The two forms of Lost Number have different steals from each other, and have four each. They all have the same base chance but as they're checked for in descending order it means that the first listed item has a better chance than the last as the last item needs the previous 3 checks to fail before it is considered.

Seems to be OK on my end when I download other IROs from the other catalogs + the ones from my own. I have a direct download for the IRO on the first page of this thread if that helps.

Could I get a paste of your catalog links just to make sure nothing has changed? Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: 2020-08-07 22:34:26 »
In Clouds Past section before you enter MtNibel Reactor there is a sequence where Cloud and Seph are walking where there is a GScorpion and 2 Guards. I assume these are the models you removed...

I was Excited and confused for a second, "this is cool, Boss fight in Clouds past. why would it be against ShinRa though hmmm" the characters walk straight through them and i figured, "Okay that was a mistake they are for later obviously". I went back to previous screen to check them out, and I got stuck and couldn't progress any further.  :cry:

playing on 2.0.6

Yep those are the ones.

Aerith's healing rods that apply Barrier or MBarrier aren't giving their respective Barrier buffs. Is this a percent chance thing to happen? or are they just not working as intended?

The chance is the same as added effect so about 12ish% The wiki says 20% but not sure if that's the legit value as I've gotten bad info from there in the past.

Could I get a paste of your catalog links just to make sure nothing has changed? Thanks

Strife's MOTR: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QBGsgGK6
Qhimm: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=EpQBv5PL
Sega: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vXc4PpBS

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: 2020-08-07 23:40:34 »
The instructions for snowboarding from the NPC in Icicle Inn have pop-up windows that overlap. It's probably an issue with the base game, but is it possible to move the windows? Screenshot of overlapping windows: https://prnt.sc/tvzyi6

Thank you again!