Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825652 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6375 on: 2017-11-24 20:19:24 »
Hi Sega Chief, First great work on the mod, well done sir!

I have encountered a loop-bug with the NT Technician guy on the Highwind, he allowed me to refight the Dark Cave boss Mirage since I didn't seem to get the Mystile but no matter how many times I defeat it there is no rewards screen and the option to fight him is still there. It also repeats asking to convert the Micro-Engine to a key item.

I have searched for info and added the Hotfix but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll sort this out; I'm going to replace the hotfix patches + IRO later tonight with some other fixes as well.

Hello!

I just started playing NT this week and I have a few things that might be bugs?

So first thing. Cloud has a defense stat of 60 (I'm early on, reactor 5) and Tifa has a defense stat of 44. Both are in the front line, yet Cloud is taking more damage for some reason. Am I not understanding something with the new rules? I had the Chocobelt equipped to him for a couple battles but switched back to the armor you but in sector 7 (Iron?). Not sure why he is taking more damage.

During the Air/Plasmabuster fight, the boss seemed to keep glitching back and forth so you could never really tell which way it was facing.

And I gotta say I loved the "F-it.Close enough" line right before that fight when you have to hit the switch. Been playing for almost 20 years and I still can never get that timing right. Glad that was improved ;)

Air Buster has that problem in the original game as well, I've tried fixing it with AI but it's apparently an animations file problem. The way to tell is to ignore his visual facing and assume that whoever attacked him last, he is facing them (or if he attacked, then he is facing that target; even if it is Rear Gun).

I'm not sure either about why Cloud would be taking more damage; it could be variance, Sadness, or something else. If anyone is taking noticeably more damage later on in the game let me know.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: 2017-11-24 22:27:17 »
New patches + IRO are up.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: 2017-11-25 00:18:49 »
New patches + IRO are up.

Uh oh... the latest IRO is causing NT to crash upon exiting the 1st field when jumping off the train  :cry:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: 2017-11-25 00:31:15 »
Ah, must have used the wrong template; I'll replace it with the old link while I make a new one.

Edit: That should be it now.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-25 01:04:04 by Sega Chief »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: 2017-11-25 01:06:05 »
Ah, must have used the wrong template; I'll replace it with the old link while I make a new one.

Edit: That should be it now.

You are fast sir!  :o

Edit: I also forgot to ask, you mentioned in an earlier post that boss morphs were being put back in. Is this in the latest build now?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-25 01:16:48 by iDerek759 »

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: 2017-11-25 01:18:50 »

Air Buster has that problem in the original game as well, I've tried fixing it with AI but it's apparently an animations file problem. The way to tell is to ignore his visual facing and assume that whoever attacked him last, he is facing them (or if he attacked, then he is facing that target; even if it is Rear Gun).

I'm not sure either about why Cloud would be taking more damage; it could be variance, Sadness, or something else. If anyone is taking noticeably more damage later on in the game let me know.

Understood. I'll keep an eye out for it.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: 2017-11-25 02:50:22 »
How do we cure or prevent zombie status?

Im at the final disc one boss fight and that zombie status is screwing me over.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: 2017-11-25 12:29:07 »
You are fast sir!  :o

Edit: I also forgot to ask, you mentioned in an earlier post that boss morphs were being put back in. Is this in the latest build now?

No, not yet; I need to go through all the bosses and decide what to put on them.

How do we cure or prevent zombie status?

Im at the final disc one boss fight and that zombie status is screwing me over.

Zombie can't be cured or prevented; the character afflicted with the status should be first priority for MBarrier and Poison/Dual-Drain should be healed off the character with Antidotes or Esuna ASAP. You can block Degen and Rigor Lock if you have a Lv.2 Elemental Materia by combining it with a non-elemental Magic Materia like Seal, or by accessories that block the statuses attached to them (Dual, and Slow/Paralysis; Jem Ring is a good shout). You can also take a risk and use Sleep on Jenova here, but there's a 25% chance of it waking up after each action and counter-attacking with a unique attack so only do this as a last resort.

You'll want to be aggressive and try to get the fight wrapped up quickly before things get out of hand. Try and inflict Slow on her (Shiva can do this 100%) at the start of the fight, and get MBarrier up to help block incoming damage on your Zombied character. Element-wise, Holy and Earth should work. You can get Holy onto a weapon by combining Elemental with Restore Materia if you don't have more than 1 Earth Materia (Titan can also be used), and she has relatively low Magic Defence compared to other bosses. I'd try avoiding the use of Sadness here as well because you'll want to be throwing out Limit Breaks for extra damage. Your group can be in the front row as well with no risk, as none of her attacks are physical.

TheDragonKing82

• View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: 2017-11-25 13:24:45 »
I see the patches are having more work done but just to feedback that the last fix didn't help with the issue I mentioned.

Can't think what but I'm not sure if I messed something up somehow.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: 2017-11-25 16:02:35 »
I see the patches are having more work done but just to feedback that the last fix didn't help with the issue I mentioned.

Can't think what but I'm not sure if I messed something up somehow.

The script looks fine:

Code: [Select]
If Var[11][233] bitON 7 (else go to label 4)
Resizes/Repositions the window #0 (X=57, Y=19, width=205, height=57)
Ask Question "Mystile Drop (Dark Cave Boss) Yes No" in the window #0 (and put selected answer in Var[5][13]) first line=1, last line=2
If Var[5][13] == 1 (else go to label 4)
Add 1 item(s) Mystile to the inventory
Label 4
If Var[11][233] bitON 7 (else go to label 5)
Resizes/Repositions the window #0 (X=57, Y=19, width=205, height=57)
Ask Question "Micro Engine - Add to Key Items Yes No" in the window #0 (and put selected answer in Var[5][13]) first line=1, last line=2
If Var[5][13] == 1 (else go to label 5)
Bit 4 ON in $KeyItems
Label 5

There's no fight ID trigger for Mirage, it just drops the Mystile. There's no way it can loop with the Micro-Engine check either as there's no Jump to Label 4. Make sure that you've applied the patch properly or updated to the new IRO if using that. And check inventory afterwards.

TheDragonKing82

• View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: 2017-11-25 16:39:46 »
There's no fight ID trigger for Mirage, it just drops the Mystile. There's no way it can loop with the Micro-Engine check either as there's no Jump to Label 4. Make sure that you've applied the patch properly or updated to the new IRO if using that. And check inventory afterwards.

I went back and made sure to use both the NT 1.5 Scene/Enemy Hotfix and NT 1.5 Flevel/Script Hotfix patches, this has fixed and changed the Mirage Fight option to Mystile drop Yes/No option and it dose add the item.

The option to add the Mystile remains every time I speak to the technician along with the micro engine key item add. I can live with it but maybe you want to look into resolving it for the mod's standing. I have noticed something else which may be related, I have an item in key items listed as -Unused- with a :O as the description. I remember I had the key to sector 5 before doing the Dark Cave side quest but had to dig it up again after since it was gone when I went to do Cid's Limit quest. I don't recall if this dose have anything to do with the Dark Cave or the Micro Engine but its the only "bug" I have really encountered so far...

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: 2017-11-25 17:08:26 »
No, not yet; I need to go through all the bosses and decide what to put on them.

Zombie can't be cured or prevented; the character afflicted with the status should be first priority for MBarrier and Poison/Dual-Drain should be healed off the character with Antidotes or Esuna ASAP. You can block Degen and Rigor Lock if you have a Lv.2 Elemental Materia by combining it with a non-elemental Magic Materia like Seal, or by accessories that block the statuses attached to them (Dual, and Slow/Paralysis; Jem Ring is a good shout). You can also take a risk and use Sleep on Jenova here, but there's a 25% chance of it waking up after each action and counter-attacking with a unique attack so only do this as a last resort.

You'll want to be aggressive and try to get the fight wrapped up quickly before things get out of hand. Try and inflict Slow on her (Shiva can do this 100%) at the start of the fight, and get MBarrier up to help block incoming damage on your Zombied character. Element-wise, Holy and Earth should work. You can get Holy onto a weapon by combining Elemental with Restore Materia if you don't have more than 1 Earth Materia (Titan can also be used), and she has relatively low Magic Defence compared to other bosses. I'd try avoiding the use of Sadness here as well because you'll want to be throwing out Limit Breaks for extra damage. Your group can be in the front row as well with no risk, as none of her attacks are physical.

I went used mbarrier and lmfao I beat the boss without really realizing and without to much difficulty, thanks sega!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: 2017-11-25 22:29:29 »
I went back and made sure to use both the NT 1.5 Scene/Enemy Hotfix and NT 1.5 Flevel/Script Hotfix patches, this has fixed and changed the Mirage Fight option to Mystile drop Yes/No option and it dose add the item.

The option to add the Mystile remains every time I speak to the technician along with the micro engine key item add. I can live with it but maybe you want to look into resolving it for the mod's standing. I have noticed something else which may be related, I have an item in key items listed as -Unused- with a :O as the description. I remember I had the key to sector 5 before doing the Dark Cave side quest but had to dig it up again after since it was gone when I went to do Cid's Limit quest. I don't recall if this dose have anything to do with the Dark Cave or the Micro Engine but its the only "bug" I have really encountered so far...

Yeah, the scripts are fairly rudimentary and can be used repeatedly. They're going to be removed at some point once the issues they deal with are completely laid to rest. Not sure where an unused key item would have come from, but likely a wrong var I've used that was intended to be the key to sector 5.

I went used mbarrier and lmfao I beat the boss without really realizing and without to much difficulty, thanks sega!

That's good to hear, good luck with your run.

And big thanks to H.C for the donation :3

TheDragonKing82

• View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: 2017-11-26 10:48:03 »
Thanks for the assist Sega Chief! :)

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: 2017-11-26 13:32:49 »
Hey Sega I saw a while back you said we can't use the Reunion because and menu overhaul with your mod? I've been using it with the iro of new threat on 7th heaven but been playing fine, did that change the compatibility?

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6390 on: 2017-11-27 01:44:29 »
I had just arrived in Costa Del Sol, went into the Inn and talked to the guy shooting pool. No text box ever popped up and I could not move Cloud anymore/bring up the menu. No button was doing anything. The music was still playing, the the guy at the pool table would still blink, but basically the game crashed.

Screenshot added for viewing.
https://imgur.com/a/YrQE4

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: 2017-11-27 10:46:39 »
Does the 1.5 version works with MO in a 7H install ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: 2017-11-27 11:55:30 »
Hey Sega I saw a while back you said we can't use the Reunion because and menu overhaul with your mod? I've been using it with the iro of new threat on 7th heaven but been playing fine, did that change the compatibility?

Does the 1.5 version works with MO in a 7H install ?

MO should work, but the text overhaul of Beacause probably isn't compatible.

I had just arrived in Costa Del Sol, went into the Inn and talked to the guy shooting pool. No text box ever popped up and I could not move Cloud anymore/bring up the menu. No button was doing anything. The music was still playing, the the guy at the pool table would still blink, but basically the game crashed.

Screenshot added for viewing.
https://imgur.com/a/YrQE4

Soft-lock; probably a script clash. I added a save point in there that's caused all sorts of trouble. I'll restore the field and move the save point outside I think.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: 2017-11-27 13:45:42 »
Had a little freeze yesterday before bed haven't tried to replicate yet cause I haven't played since. Was on disc 2 going back to rocket town fighting shines troops, second wave of them. I had cid use hades after using it froze on cid everything was going though. Cid was animating, music was still going it just wouldn't move from there no turns or anything.

Edit - Tested it on a random battle, does the same thing it did. Once summon finished it closes up on cid and if no one else has a turn nothing happens, if I run it gets stuck running but game still going If team still has turns once there turn is up still does the same thing.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-27 16:37:08 by cha0tic »

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: 2017-11-27 14:53:43 »

Soft-lock; probably a script clash. I added a save point in there that's caused all sorts of trouble. I'll restore the field and move the save point outside I think.

Gotcha. I was literally about to save then said "Nah, I'll save after I rest". Now I have to fight JENOVA again >.<

But cool. Also, when you update the Mod, how do I go about installing the latest version? Or is it safer to continue my playthru on the version that I started on? (This is my first time ever using a mod for any game).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: 2017-11-28 03:07:13 »
Had a little freeze yesterday before bed haven't tried to replicate yet cause I haven't played since. Was on disc 2 going back to rocket town fighting shines troops, second wave of them. I had cid use hades after using it froze on cid everything was going though. Cid was animating, music was still going it just wouldn't move from there no turns or anything.

Edit - Tested it on a random battle, does the same thing it did. Once summon finished it closes up on cid and if no one else has a turn nothing happens, if I run it gets stuck running but game still going If team still has turns once there turn is up still does the same thing.

Was Menu Overhaul on? Might be an issue with the Frog status which Hades can inflict.

Gotcha. I was literally about to save then said "Nah, I'll save after I rest". Now I have to fight JENOVA again >.<

But cool. Also, when you update the Mod, how do I go about installing the latest version? Or is it safer to continue my playthru on the version that I started on? (This is my first time ever using a mod for any game).

A patch won't alter the game too much; they're installed the same way as the Main Installer and patch right over the top of any installation so they're save-game friendly (most of the time).

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: 2017-11-28 17:07:42 »
Was Menu Overhaul on? Might be an issue with the Frog status which Hades can inflict.

A patch won't alter the game too much; they're installed the same way as the Main Installer and patch right over the top of any installation so they're save-game friendly (most of the time).

Yes, I disabled it now my text is all on top of each other and going out of the menus.

edit - forgot to change it back to nomral ff7.exe

Edit 2 -

Any tips on fighting zack? My cloud is at 97 with 5k hp, just got to disc 3 have wall and haste up and regen thought I was doing okay till he used grand braver and knocked me out for 7k hp. Also about HP pluses are they in the game?

also manual link is dead, trying to find the heavens cloud but without the manual im clueless.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-29 04:05:52 by cha0tic »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: 2017-11-29 02:32:59 »
Not sure if this is a typo or if you just did some re-translating yourself.

Spoiler: show

Doesn't Beautiful Bro say, "Now, I'll explain the rules." Or is this just your own interpretation?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: 2017-11-29 11:23:25 »
Yes, I disabled it now my text is all on top of each other and going out of the menus.

edit - forgot to change it back to nomral ff7.exe

Edit 2 -

Any tips on fighting zack? My cloud is at 97 with 5k hp, just got to disc 3 have wall and haste up and regen thought I was doing okay till he used grand braver and knocked me out for 7k hp. Also about HP pluses are they in the game?

also manual link is dead, trying to find the heavens cloud but without the manual im clueless.

Shield is useful for that fight, it'll block a few of his more dangerous attacks. Apocalypse is Hidden element, meaning you can block it with the right equipment/Elemental combination (non-elemental magic materia should do it).

I think Magic Counter + Cure would be a good shout as well, but a mastered restore has regen as its last spell (been meaning to fix that) so you'll specifically need a lv.3 restore materia for it. Counter-Attack materia too, you can stack 5 of them for 5 potential counters per attack. If you can get it from Special Battle, Final Attack can help with any last minute nasty surprises.

Finally, bring a Debarrier Materia with Dispel on it to get rid of his buffs; Lucky Star gives him auto-crit so you'll want to remove that ASAP.

All documentation should be available in the main installer download.

Not sure if this is a typo or if you just did some re-translating yourself.

Spoiler: show

Doesn't Beautiful Bro say, "Now, I'll explain the rules." Or is this just your own interpretation?

Nah, I just missed it.

Tifa

• View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: 2017-11-30 16:35:00 »
Hello.I'm new here.I saw this splending mod lately on youtube and decided to give it a go.

Its surprising how the game can be changed and how this mod works so nicely.I'll be looking forward for more updates of this :p