Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825448 times)

Tifa

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6425 on: 2017-12-09 14:37:28 »
I am streaming again boys.

Hope someone enjoy my streams :x

https://gaming.youtube.com/c/TifaLockhart/live

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: 2017-12-09 20:22:58 »
A question on the dating sequence. I selected "Nope" twice when given the option to select my date. Then I got the "Microlaser" item and a date with Barrett.

Is that because I was able to get the affections scores correct to get the date with Barret, or is this default in NT? Also, do you get a different item for all the different possible dates?

Eliscia

• View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: 2017-12-10 13:23:41 »
The main download has a documentation folder that contains a spreadsheet of the steal/morphs; it's not 100% accurate though as there were a lot of last-minute changes.

Oh I'm an idiot and forgot I didn't have excel since I re-did my PC so just glanced straight over that file. Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: 2017-12-10 23:17:08 »
A question on the dating sequence. I selected "Nope" twice when given the option to select my date. Then I got the "Microlaser" item and a date with Barrett.

Is that because I was able to get the affections scores correct to get the date with Barret, or is this default in NT? Also, do you get a different item for all the different possible dates?

If you select no, the date is determined by the SP variables; these were originally 'date point' vars that have been renovated for the system. You get a weapon linked to the character you dated.

Bit of news, I went over the game's documentation and produced a FAQ in addition to re-writing the Readme and doing a sweep of the Excel spreadsheet to fix errors. I'll be rewriting the beginner's hall text as well, it's woefully out of date.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: 2017-12-10 23:18:56 »
Noticed that using the rank up feature at cabin before the ice caverns causes you to wake up on the floor when you return to the screen. Im aware that it happens in the flevel when you are brought to that screen from another scene not through the door but shouldnt you be able to move the save point to the next room to avoid the waking up animation?

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: 2017-12-11 04:53:35 »
In the Corel reactor field during the "gather mega-materia" phase I was able to talk to both guards at teh same time since they are close together, after closing the shorter dialoge i ran past to start the battle, after the battle the second text box was still up, i closed it and regained control of the party and was able to run around and go through the train. After leaving and reentering the field the guards were back and everythign was reset to normal. So you should either move the guards a bit further apart of give them a shared dialogue like the guards in sector 7

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: 2017-12-12 01:55:46 »
That reminds me, I still need to finish the 'party members appear in all towns' thing. It was good seeing some of the gags in the mod, I forgot about half of them. I remember having a lot of fun designing/writing some of those, been a long time since I worked on anything fun for NT; it's always bug fixes and rebalancing these days :c

Certainly could. You could have a lot of fun with places like Great Glacier or Costa Del Sol or Nibelheim. I was surprised to not see some in certain places too. Like Aeris in Ifalna's House or Tifa in her room, etc.

Lots of possibilities, and you should do it once these bugs slow down. (Bug fixing can't be too much fun, no.)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: 2017-12-12 23:02:17 »
I have returneded....again. I have found a pretty interesting bug that I was just reminded of reading a bit of what I haven't read from here. Not sure if it was fixed though (didn't go too far back) or even if it's a bug at all but an intended feature, but Cait Sith's passive got a whole lot better than I originally thought it was, and it was pretty good before I found this out! So, running a little low on mp cause I'm limit break grinding and having Cait Sith spam heals and defending. I eventually notice his MP got filled super quick. Start casting magic again, and playing around with stuff when I find out that oh hey! Guarding makes Cait's MP restore a LOT faster. I get into another fight with Cait at about 300 or so MP, and guard to get to the character I was limit grinding, and Cait's MP increased past his max. Well that's interesting. I start spamming defend, and his MP starts SHOOTING up, I get to 2k MP in no time. The MP doesn't keep after the fight, but it takes maybe 2 turns of defending to give Cait a TON of MP. I've tested this on the latest release with the same results.
Edit: It also seems that when the entire party guards he gains more MP than if it's just him guarding, but just him guarding gains him more MP than if one other party member guards.

Also another little bug that I have NO idea how to recreate is one with good ol' Gorki. I was playing around, trying to see what kind of bull strategies I could pull off before his power finished building, and after one failure (don't remember what, it was a long time ago on the august build) Gorki uses his ability and shoots poor little Yuffie up into the sky. Little did he know that Yuffie apparently learned how to fly and stayed in the air without dying. I was able to use Yuffie's limit to finish off the little bit of health Gorki had, but seeing as I had died during every time he used that move before, I don't think that's supposed to happen. Though it is obviously a rare bug and might've been just a little glitch.

You can also constantly steal a Yuffie Weapon from Staniv if you just keep loosing to him btw. Not sure how you would fix that, but that is super abusable.

Other than that I do remember the Pagoda fights being super fun to figure out. I love how you showed Shake's speed, and Chekhov was super fun to figure out.
Spoiler: show
However confuse is her kryptonite since she will constantly cast magic on herself, which doesn't get rid of confuse, and then physically attack herself, but she doesn't take physical damage so she can't knock herself out of confusion making her fight childs play.

Staniv and Godo were the only two I couldn't figure out gouda strategies for, but I'm honestly ok with that. I had fun out brute forcing staniv, and just demolishing Godo (he seemed a bit too easy to be honest.)

Keep up the good work Sega and I can't wait till FF8.

Edit: Meant to state I'm running off of Arrange.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-12 23:06:41 by strife98 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: 2017-12-12 23:15:51 »
Noticed that using the rank up feature at cabin before the ice caverns causes you to wake up on the floor when you return to the screen. Im aware that it happens in the flevel when you are brought to that screen from another scene not through the door but shouldnt you be able to move the save point to the next room to avoid the waking up animation?

Yeah, wasn't sure what was causing that but I left it seeing as it appears harmless.

In the Corel reactor field during the "gather mega-materia" phase I was able to talk to both guards at teh same time since they are close together, after closing the shorter dialoge i ran past to start the battle, after the battle the second text box was still up, i closed it and regained control of the party and was able to run around and go through the train. After leaving and reentering the field the guards were back and everythign was reset to normal. So you should either move the guards a bit further apart of give them a shared dialogue like the guards in sector 7

I'll sort that out; one of the guards was changed for a sidequest that was scrapped from the mod before 1.5 came out (the SOLDIER one).

Certainly could. You could have a lot of fun with places like Great Glacier or Costa Del Sol or Nibelheim. I was surprised to not see some in certain places too. Like Aeris in Ifalna's House or Tifa in her room, etc.

Lots of possibilities, and you should do it once these bugs slow down. (Bug fixing can't be too much fun, no.)

One day, eh?

I have returneded....again. I have found a pretty interesting bug that I was just reminded of reading a bit of what I haven't read from here. Not sure if it was fixed though (didn't go too far back) or even if it's a bug at all but an intended feature, but Cait Sith's passive got a whole lot better than I originally thought it was, and it was pretty good before I found this out! So, running a little low on mp cause I'm limit break grinding and having Cait Sith spam heals and defending. I eventually notice his MP got filled super quick. Start casting magic again, and playing around with stuff when I find out that oh hey! Guarding makes Cait's MP restore a LOT faster. I get into another fight with Cait at about 300 or so MP, and guard to get to the character I was limit grinding, and Cait's MP increased past his max. Well that's interesting. I start spamming defend, and his MP starts SHOOTING up, I get to 2k MP in no time. The MP doesn't keep after the fight, but it takes maybe 2 turns of defending to give Cait a TON of MP. I've tested this on the latest release with the same results.
Edit: It also seems that when the entire party guards he gains more MP than if it's just him guarding, but just him guarding gains him more MP than if one other party member guards.

Also another little bug that I have NO idea how to recreate is one with good ol' Gorki. I was playing around, trying to see what kind of bull strategies I could pull off before his power finished building, and after one failure (don't remember what, it was a long time ago on the august build) Gorki uses his ability and shoots poor little Yuffie up into the sky. Little did he know that Yuffie apparently learned how to fly and stayed in the air without dying. I was able to use Yuffie's limit to finish off the little bit of health Gorki had, but seeing as I had died during every time he used that move before, I don't think that's supposed to happen. Though it is obviously a rare bug and might've been just a little glitch.

You can also constantly steal a Yuffie Weapon from Staniv if you just keep loosing to him btw. Not sure how you would fix that, but that is super abusable.

Other than that I do remember the Pagoda fights being super fun to figure out. I love how you showed Shake's speed, and Chekhov was super fun to figure out.
Spoiler: show
However confuse is her kryptonite since she will constantly cast magic on herself, which doesn't get rid of confuse, and then physically attack herself, but she doesn't take physical damage so she can't knock herself out of confusion making her fight childs play.

Staniv and Godo were the only two I couldn't figure out gouda strategies for, but I'm honestly ok with that. I had fun out brute forcing staniv, and just demolishing Godo (he seemed a bit too easy to be honest.)

Keep up the good work Sega and I can't wait till FF8.

Edit: Meant to state I'm running off of Arrange.

Welcome back, bud! I actually forgot that I'd added that to his scripts; he will regain 20MP per tick under Defend compared to the regular +1; I should amend the docs with that before I put them up. Thanks for letting me know.

I'll check Gorki's stuff, maybe it was a Luck-based dodge or something? I can set it to a magic formula if need be. And I can replace the Steal with a Drop for Staniv.

mysterychaos

• View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: 2017-12-12 23:59:33 »
Did you remove the revival at the end of Disk 1 from 1.5? Nothing happened after the fight, and I can't find any change information on this event. Thank you

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: 2017-12-13 23:10:27 »
Did you remove the revival at the end of Disk 1 from 1.5? Nothing happened after the fight, and I can't find any change information on this event. Thank you

No, but there is an option now to not revive; there's a dialogue choice just before the FMV. The options should list the outcomes, but there was a text alignment problem that obscured it; should have been fixed with latest flevel hotfix patch.

Adil60100

• View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: 2017-12-14 04:23:29 »
Hi Sega Chief, I started your mod yesterday and It's awesome, but I have one question, it is normal i've got only 1 Plasma Buster on 2nd reactor? A friend of mine recently started also got 2 Plasma Buster, I have downloaded all files, included the Hotfix ;)
Thank you and very good job.

Edit: And I can start a battle with Aps at with Tifa and Aerith also. ( and I'm in Arrange mod )
« Last Edit: 2017-12-14 15:04:58 by Adil60100 »

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: 2017-12-14 10:29:04 »

Cloud must survive Jenova fight, and you need to have phoenix down in your inventory.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: 2017-12-14 22:49:34 »
Hi Sega Chief, I started your mod yesterday and It's awesome, but I have one question, it is normal i've got only 1 Plasma Buster on 2nd reactor? A friend of mine recently started also got 2 Plasma Buster, I have downloaded all files, included the Hotfix ;)
Thank you and very good job.

Edit: And I can start a battle with Aps at with Tifa and Aerith also. ( and I'm in Arrange mod )

Are you sure you're on Arrange Mode? Sounds like you're on Normal Mode. I can check if you send me a save file and change the variable flag if need be.

Cloud must survive Jenova fight, and you need to have phoenix down in your inventory.

Neither of those conditions are required; if you have no Phoenix Down in your inventory, a small variation is made to the scene. The trigger is that dialogue option before the FMV plays.

Adil60100

• View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: 2017-12-15 04:55:04 »
Thanks for your reply, but I install FF7 again and that work ;), I have just finished the Shinra Building and it's awesome ;)

mysterychaos

• View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: 2017-12-15 19:06:29 »
No, but there is an option now to not revive; there's a dialogue choice just before the FMV. The options should list the outcomes, but there was a text alignment problem that obscured it; should have been fixed with latest flevel hotfix patch.

Ah, I guess I applied that patch incorrectly, because the text alignment was off and I was unable to see the choices.

Thank you

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: 2017-12-17 01:13:58 »
One day, eh?

If it makes ya feel better, I can do another run through of the mod with the sole intent of trying to find as many bugs as humanly possible for ya to fix?!

;D

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: 2017-12-18 02:10:55 »
Game crashed when I was fighting Rudra in the Great Glacier (awesome model by the way).
I used Hyper Jump on her when it crashed.

Any ideas?

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: 2017-12-18 08:02:54 »
Game crashed when I was fighting Rudra in the Great Glacier (awesome model by the way).

Any ideas?

The Hyper jump animation (or audio associated with it) is notorious for causing crashes in the pc version, nothing to do with the mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: 2017-12-18 08:09:14 »
If it makes ya feel better, I can do another run through of the mod with the sole intent of trying to find as many bugs as humanly possible for ya to fix?!

;D

;-;

Any ideas?

The Hyper jump animation (or audio associated with it) is notorious for causing crashes in the pc version, nothing to do with the mod.

The Hyper Jump problem, like UpRisen says, is an issue with the PC version in general. The exact cause is unknown, but its suspected that the way in which the OpenGL driver handles alpha blending is to blame. Under certain conditions (currently unknown) the animation can cause the game to crash; DLPB is looking into it and I've been supplying him test fights but we've not been able to replicate it reliably yet. I've ran into the crash a few times, but don't know myself why it'll hang the game sometimes and not others.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: 2017-12-18 11:30:09 »
Kaldarasha is reporting that aali driver 1998 fixed the issue but still exists in Steam

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: 2017-12-18 21:19:09 »
  • Texture cache is limited in size (configurable) and the game will no longer crash due to it loading too many textures at once

I had no crashes with this since I used Aali's driver 8.0 and up. The crash probably triggers when big textured objects are created and vanish in a short time. Full Heal as a spell for the whole party does also crash the game. Some people on Steam did report that it has something to do with immunity to death, but I got the crash pretty often on normal enemies, too. So, I always felt it was a problem with the effect itself.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-18 21:30:16 by Kaldarasha »

Oxymorjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: 2017-12-19 00:04:06 »
Quick question: when I check my SP, there's a character at the bottom named "??" with 0/?? SP. Is this intentional? Is it just interacting with another mod such as the Jessie mod in someway? Is it because Sephiroth joins the party for the Nibelheim flashback?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: 2017-12-19 02:26:34 »
Quick question: when I check my SP, there's a character at the bottom named "??" with 0/?? SP. Is this intentional? Is it just interacting with another mod such as the Jessie mod in someway? Is it because Sephiroth joins the party for the Nibelheim flashback?

Ah that. It's a placeholder for something that didn't make it in.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: 2017-12-19 04:25:45 »
Theres a major issue in the GoldBerry fight. In the fight i had 2 members be hit with multiple gold grudges and gold knife attacks leaving 2 characters in a perma paralyze state, after the 3rd member died the tonberrys proceed to move around and the battle wont prgress since the paralyze status will not wear off. Since the tonberrys dont deal damage unless counter attacking this leads to an infinite battle loop where I had to close my game out entirely.