Author Topic: ff7.exe spanish false positive virus? No more!  (Read 3867 times)

Alby87

• View Profile
ff7.exe spanish false positive virus? No more!
« on: 2011-11-14 17:07:02 »
Hi!

As you might know, the spanish (and italian) version of ff7.exe is recognized as virus by many antivirus programs...

I've sent a lot of email, done many forms, uploaded the files... Major antivirus vendor are starting updating their Antivirus definitions to correct this: in a week, you can install the official 1.02 ff7 patch (spanish or italian) also with Norton Antivirus, McAfee, Avira and others!

Mission: get the VirusTotal scan equls to zero menace rilevated!

Alby87

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: ff7.exe spanish false positive virus? No more!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-14 18:39:38 »
1.03 is better for spanish exe and has no virus detect.

Alby87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-14 19:49:55 »
Italian fan traslation use 1.02 spanish exe as base, so the "italian" version of FF7 was detected as virus. We don't have the 1.03 italian patch  ;)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-14 20:28:19 »
Time to get it then...  8)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-14 21:08:23 »
Wow, won't that allow touphscript to create Spanish and Italian translations for the English exe.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: 2011-11-14 21:11:43 »
about the italian translation, i'm working in my free time to redo it completely using the english exe as a base, so you can play the translated game with all the mods that require the original exe.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-11-14 21:22:08 »
If you use ts on english exe you can translate it easily.  Only the path data would need changing no?

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: 2011-11-14 22:05:56 »
If you use ts on english exe you can translate it easily.  Only the path data would need changing no?

Actually, not. The translation he's using was entirely made on a spanish game due to spacing problems. But there are some files in the lgps that have all the languages in a single texture file to save space and the italian translation was done on spanish text. If he changes the exe to an english one for example, the pointers of the english exe will point to english text, not to the "former" spanish one.

This is only the first thing that I remember but i'm quite sure that there will be other problems.

Alby87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-11-15 16:20:01 »
Before VirusTotal was saying 18/48, now says 10/48  ;D

You are really working on a Italian ff7.exe from English one? So this should resolve my 9999 limit patch aali's driver 0.7.11b!

Little OT: Why nobody hasn't replied to my question in the bug thread? I've done some error in requesting help(I've sent him my app.log, my crash.dmp, using a clean installation of FF7 + translation, discovered the error is in a clean installation with Spanish patch 1.02)? Or Aali in some point said that he wouldn't support other language versions?

Thanks!

Alby87

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: 2011-11-15 16:37:10 »
Before VirusTotal was saying 18/48, now says 10/48  ;D

You are really working on a Italian ff7.exe from English one? So this should resolve my 9999 limit patch aali's driver 0.7.11b!

Little OT: Why nobody hasn't replied to my question in the bug thread? I've done some error in requesting help(I've sent him my app.log, my crash.dmp, using a clean installation of FF7 + translation, discovered the error is in a clean installation with Spanish patch 1.02)? Or Aali in some point said that he wouldn't support other language versions?

Thanks!

Alby87

About the translation, yes I'm doing it but it goes on very slowly since i'm doing it alone. Actually I've done 99,9% of the text outside flevel.lgp (main game dialogues) using the english game.

About the 1.02 virus report, isn't it a false positive? If that's the case shouldn't a simple exception in the antivirus do the job?