Author Topic: Assorted FF7 Plot Questions  (Read 4377 times)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Assorted FF7 Plot Questions
« on: 2008-06-23 11:01:18 »
Hi, playing through FF7 NTSC PSX on my PSP and almost finished.
But there are some questions which are itching inside my head which I can't get an easy answer for.
Hence I will post them here for debate :)
*SPOILERS*
I want to know why Sephiroth severed Jenova's head in the flashback, what was his original intention, what did he find out when he was in the basement libarary of the shinra mansion that wanted him to go and take a piece of Jenova back with him?

We all know what happened in the end - Cloud sends him into the lifestream with Jenova's head and hence he ends of at the North Crater.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
Re: Assorted FF7 Plot Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-23 15:02:34 »
What he found out was his mistaken thought. From childhood, he was told that his mother's name was Jenova but the real one was Lucrecia. Still, the records, documents... in this library room said that Jenova was a creature falling from sky, a monster who conquered some planets. Moreover, Genesis (in Crisis Core FF7) had also told him the truth before. Sephiroth was the product of Project Jenova S, a project of creating perfect monsters by injecting Jenova's cells. Sephroth understood that he was a monster, too. He was confused and lost his way as well as his will. He turned out and wanted to complete his "mother" 's willing: ruling the world and revenging human. He wanted to bring Jenova with him but due to being stroked by Cloud, he was able to bring only her head.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-23 15:17:36 »
Sephiroth went mad because in the Mansion he discovered the "Jenova Project" that created him.   From those papers they listed Jenova as being the last Ancient/Cetra.  And with Sephiroth being her genetic son, he became infuriated that the normal humans hid when disaster struck the planet and left the Ancients to die off.

His plan was to rescue all of Jenova's body and most likely to revive it (Jenova was only in a sort of stasis, as it is impossible for Jenova to be completely absorbed by the lifestream).  However, once Cloud injured him he was too weak to take it's whole body, so he just took the head.. most likely planning to return for the rest of it after he had healed.

Jenova is also described as a virus.  In real life viruses only purpose is to reproduce to have more of their own.  Sephiroth being genetically linked to Jenova, he would undoubtedly see reviving Jenova as a way of multiplying the number of Ancients left.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-23 19:53:11 »
Where does Lucrecia fit into all this? If Jenova was his genetic mother (since Seph is Jenova spawn), what role did Lucrecia play?

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-23 19:54:43 »
Lucrecia gave birth to Sephiroth, the foetus was injected with Jenova cells. So genetically Jenova IS his mother, as well as Lucrecia. Sephiroth grew inside Lucrecia, sperm by Hojo.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-23 19:56:58 »
Ah right, I figured that much. I don't remember much of the story after disc1.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-23 20:11:09 »
The weird thing is, you think that as Sephiroth's REAL mother, Lucrecia would play a bit of a bigger part in the game. But you only get a glimpse of her when you go to collect Vincent's Ultimate Weapon and Level 4 Limit Break on Disc 3, and you need the submarine or a mountain chocobo to get to them. Otherwise you wouldn't even know she existed!

But the one time you meet her explains it all. She's featured quite heavily in Dirge of Cerberus.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-24 06:45:35 »
So was Vincent, we can finish FF7 w/o him. His role was not really important in the main line. Still, I think that why he is a reasonable character to make a product of FF7 compilation like DoC as well. I wonder how the next one of this compilation would be :D Due to the secret ending of DoC, Genesis would be one of main characters once again??? What would the tittle be? AC-BC-CC-DC... then EC ^^ Endless Crisis ??? *spoil*

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-06-24 13:44:24 »
So was Vincent, we can finish FF7 w/o him. His role was not really important in the main line. Still, I think that why he is a reasonable character to make a product of FF7 compilation like DoC as well. I wonder how the next one of this compilation would be :D Due to the secret ending of DoC, Genesis would be one of main characters once again??? What would the tittle be? AC-BC-CC-DC... then EC ^^ Endless Crisis ??? *spoil*

I get the feeling that there is going to be another (if not more than one) part of the compilation that involves the ability to control THE MAIN CHARACTERS of the original FF7. I think it's also likely that Genesis will be featured in some form. They can't just pop the secret ending of DoC in like that and not conclude it!!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-06-24 16:23:42 »
The Genesis game will almost undoubtedly feature a final showdown between him and Sephiroth (Cloud maybe included) as the ending to the compilation. 
Just you wait and see