Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351632 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
In FatedCourage's new texture hashmaps, there are a lot of entries that start with asterisks. Will they still work, or do the asterisks comment those hashes out?

He says what they are for in his last post.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I'm bad.  I was modding Shiva... and in testing, I summoned her and I was pleasantly surprised that by not putting the markings on her body...
Well, she was naked :X  So then I had to..... well... let's just say no one gets THAT mod.

Oh jeeze.  Time to put those 'cleverly' placed frozen markings on her before I give myself a nose bleed.

rufoos

• View Profile

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
here upscale GF textures https://yadi.sk/d/rVrQhb-weD8FT

Er..uh...rufoos. The same issue Mcindus was having with Shiva is also happening in yours. Just wanted to point that out.

rufoos

• View Profile
I accidentally added to the archive does not finish Shiva. Here the original body of Shiva https://yadi.sk/d/mErj9WmzeDt33

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Main HDD with current mods died.  I'm sad.  At least everyone has my hashcodes.  Crestian has all of the codes for the battle backgrounds for Balamb, the community has my HorizonPack codes and the Summons hashcodes, and the only codes I lost were the ones for the roads on the worldmap - and those will be easy enough to find again.

My HDD is currently being 'recovered' - but I don't know what I have lost.  We will find out.  At least I'm smart enough to have a separate OS disk.

I hope I still have the photoshop originals of the mods.  At least I released HorizonPack already.... phew.
But my recordings.... oh my poor music.  I'm stupid for not having a backup, but I'm broke so - cause effect I guess.   :'(

Anyway - I think I might have SeeD Reborn Italian, so I'll try to piece that together. 

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Oh my gosh! My greatest condolences brother!!! I'm using avg tune up for recovering data and fixing disks.

Erik

• View Profile
I installed the char models for Squall, Selphie and Zell but I can't seem to speak with them. I tried this when I was at the cockpit for the Balamb Garden. The appearances did work but no way of talking to Selphie and Zell (Squall I don't know, but it doesn't matter anyway for obvious reasons).

Maybe I did something wrong, but I added the folders to the textures folder (had to rename se to se2, because another mod had se as a folders name). I replaced and changed the name of the csv file and added them manually.

Anyway great job on this!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Can you talk to your party members in the Balamb Garden c*ckpit? I remember them being 'static' there, though can't say for sure. Try talking to them elsewhere just to be sure.

Edit: We're censoring cockpit now apparently.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Maybe I did something wrong, but I added the folders to the textures folder (had to rename se to se2, because another mod had se as a folders name). I replaced and changed the name of the csv file and added them manually.
So - just make sure you also change all of the ".png" file names to include se2 as well and not just the objmap.csv hashcodes or else Selphie won't show up.   
I ran into this same issue - and everything would be corrected if we renamed the files to ch_sqhead_13.png, etc.  If we add a suffix beforehand, we can put all of the character folders in the same place and it won't have to interfere with any other mods - this is how I handled filestructures for the worldmap.
Currently, Project Eden takes up the "se" folder and if you merge the folders, it works, but it makes it really messy - as the Selphie textures are then found intermittently in the Project Eden textures folder location.

I have changed all of the objmap codes and my .png's to include the "ch_" title and everything is nice and tidy.

Can you talk to your party members in the Balamb Garden c*ckpit? I remember them being 'static' there, though can't say for sure. Try talking to them elsewhere just to be sure.

Edit: We're censoring c*ckpit now apparently.

I agree, I don't think you're supposed to be able to chat with them in that scene.

PS.  c*ckpit wasn't dirty until it was censored. ;)  Now it's more fun to say than ever.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-28 21:07:18 by Mcindus »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
It shouldn't be censored in the future. SMF was just being a d*ck.

Erik

• View Profile
So - just make sure you also change all of the ".png" file names to include se2 as well and not just the objmap.csv hashcodes or else Selphie won't show up.   
I ran into this same issue - and everything would be corrected if we renamed the files to ch_sqhead_13.png, etc.  If we add a suffix beforehand, we can put all of the character folders in the same place and it won't have to interfere with any other mods - this is how I handled filestructures for the worldmap.
Currently, Project Eden takes up the "se" folder and if you merge the folders, it works, but it makes it really messy - as the Selphie textures are then found intermittently in the Project Eden textures folder location.

I have changed all of the objmap codes and my .png's to include the "ch_" title and everything is nice and tidy.

I agree, I don't think you're supposed to be able to chat with them in that scene.

PS.  c*ckpit wasn't dirty until it was censored. ;)  Now it's more fun to say than ever.

Yes, it's the Eden mod who had it I looked it up.

And you guys might be right about it isn't possible in that area, I didn't really had time to check anywhere else. Though you can talk too Quistis actually. When I have more time I will report if there was any error. But it shouldn't be since the appearances changed.

Did I mention I'm loving this? Though, I may have to change my standard party now haha.

CaffeinatedKing

• View Profile
Any news on how or when we might be able to get textures with smooth transparent edges to show up properly via Tonberry?

Petit-Chocobo

• View Profile
Guys this looks aboslutely awesome! But unfortunately I get confused in your installation process thing (I'm French so I don't understand everything that you say), is there any way to make a tutorial video on how to install this? I really don't get it, it's so confusing! XD I'm so afraid to mess up my game If I do something wrong :o
anyway your work is awesome! I'm so glad to see people work so hard on FF8 (which is my fav game of all time) :D

dbgager

• View Profile
I installed Tonberry and the character texture replacements for Squall. I attached the hashmaps to the end of the objmap.csv file as instructed in the install instructions. In game at the very beginning of the game Squalls face is blue and looks pretty bad. It appears the face texture is not loading. His clothes however look pretty nice however.  Can you tell me what the problem is. How can I fix this.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-09 03:36:11 by dbgager »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I installed Tonberry and the character texture replacements for Squall. I attached the hashmaps to the end of the objmap.csv file as instructed in the install instructions. In game at the very beginning of the game Squalls face is blue and looks pretty bad. It appears the face texture is not loading. His clothes however look pretty nice however.  Can you tell me what the problem is. How can I fix this.

If you've used the objmap codes on the first page, then all it is is that the code that allows Squall to use the Lionheart gunblade shares the same code as the face in the beginning. I've fixed this problem in the codes I've released so far. So, if you want, you can download what I've posted a little while back on here. If you do, just remove the "stars" I've placed before some of them.

dbgager

• View Profile
Thank you. That did indeed fix the problem

Petit-Chocobo

• View Profile
I finally figured it out, guys this is awesome!! :D although it seems like sometimes the old textures are back ?? but that's okay most of the time it's working! can't wait till the other characters come out :D (especially Linoa ^^) Thank you for this awesome mod!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Currently, I have compiled about 25/64 of the enemies, hashed them, and I'm working on upscaling them.  As soon as I have a more complete listing, we will have pretty baddies.  goodnight.

Nathan

• View Profile
Textures
« Reply #269 on: 2015-02-12 02:26:23 »
Hi All, I'm currently doing a paint over on Shiva from the files Mcindus provided (thanks!). One question though - do I need to stay exactly within the jagged borders of the textures? Like say I smoothed out the lines so the borders are clean, would that create a problem when the texture is applied to the model? This is my first time doing a texture painting so I'm in the dark about all this stuff. Thanks!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hi All, I'm currently doing a paint over on Shiva from the files Mcindus provided (thanks!). One question though - do I need to stay exactly within the jagged borders of the textures? Like say I smoothed out the lines so the borders are clean, would that create a problem when the texture is applied to the model? This is my first time doing a texture painting so I'm in the dark about all this stuff. Thanks!

Actually, it looks like with the models, you don't have to be exact.  If you go "outside the lines" it shouldn't have a detrimental effect except for things that don't wrap around a 3d object, like some hair and other parts.  Just test the model as you go - glacial eyes are good enemies to face because ice heals them and you can cast shiva many times.

I'm a sad panda because my HDD crashed and I lost my Shiva upscale.  She was done.  I was stupid and didn't back it up.  Can't wait to see your progress!
« Last Edit: 2015-02-12 02:46:26 by Mcindus »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I updated my download for my progress and textures a little. Firstly, I corrected a few names(if people are using them) that I messed up on. I was in a rush. Secondly, I put Devina's Squall in the SeeD uniform for battle and the high poly areas. Thirdly, I added a new folder for Tonberry 1.6(for those who are using it) where the characters have their own specific hash files. I also forgot to mention one particular bug regarding Quistis. The one code for her body I have canceled out will cause her chain whip to take on the red scorpion texture. If you take away the red scorpion texture on her body, then the red scorpion will then go invisible but fixes the chain whip. The code is used only for one scene. If you used the hashmap codes, then the problem isn't there. I also forgot to mention that I did find two more codes for the world map. Which I just added to the end of both the normal and transparent map codes but forgot to bring it up. Again, I was in a rush. I believe that's it.

I'll just repost the download here for people who don't feel like finding it or are new.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzna8rzvwicle8j/Texture%20Replacement%20Progress.zip?dl=0

*Update*

New version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thpfgrw618n0yse/Texture%20Replacement%20%28Alpha%29.zip?dl=0

Also, I did upload a few videos showing the textures in action. Just for people curious on how it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Pl5wIN1II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbggrdripv0

I plan to start working on this again soon now that I'm out of my funk.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-26 05:53:33 by FatedCourage »

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
Also, I did upload a few videos showing the textures in action. Just for people curious on how it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Pl5wIN1II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbggrdripv0

I plan to start working on this again soon now that I'm out of my funk.

Wow, great work. I think I fell in love with that Ultimecia <3

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Wow, great work. I think I fell in love with that Ultimecia <3

Yeah... I really like Mago's Ultimecia, too.

On a side note, I'm trying to fix my test Seifer to something suitable. :-D

I've also fixed Irvine's face as well.

Doubt I'll figure out how to fix Quistis. But I'm hoping Mortael will eventually release the one he's been working on.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 05:57:13 by FatedCourage »

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
Cool! Don't delete the debugging textures so we can rehash them in case Tonberry algorithm is remade...