Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836993 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8050 on: 2019-06-13 16:56:18 »
I've linked it on the front page so it doesn't get buried.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: 2019-06-13 18:38:06 »
There's 3 different programs I use to see the items and other things in New Threat that people here recommended to me,   ProudClod,   Black Chocobo and WallMarket,   let's you see all the current up to date steals and morphs and lets you view all items,  armors and weapons,   and view character stats and how many sources you've used.

You need to point the programs at the right IRO's kernal.bin and scene.bin,   I'm sure someone here can provide more help if you can't figure it out :)

I didnt know ProudClod, its fantastic. Now i can see the stats and weaknesses for the monsters i can not sense. I have two question.

1) When i use iro unpacker and read the scene.bin it looks like the stats displayed are for normal mode. How i can see the values for arrange mode?

2) Is there a options to export all enemy stats in a sheet? (Readable for human) Or is there a way to search for a specific item so i can see from which enemy i can get it?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: 2019-06-13 18:41:08 »
I didnt know ProudClod, its fantastic. Now i can see the stats and weaknesses for the monsters i can not sense. I have two question.

1) When i use iro unpacker and read the scene.bin it looks like the stats displayed are for normal mode. How i can see the values for arrange mode?

2) Is there a options to export all enemy stats in a sheet? (Readable for human) Or is there a way to search for a specific item so i can see from which enemy i can get it?

Arrange mode is handled by the enemy AI, specifically the pre-battle script. There's a check in there for the arrange variable which buffs level, flips switches, whatever needs done.

I don't think PrC supports a search for items held or mass export of data to a report format unfortunately.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: 2019-06-13 19:09:43 »
Arrange mode is handled by the enemy AI, specifically the pre-battle script. There's a check in there for the arrange variable which buffs level, flips switches, whatever needs done.

So the changes are somewhere here not readable for "normal" human?: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-addd08-1560452049.png.html

And there is no way to show the changes like this for normal mode?: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-b11d95-1560452241.png.html

I ask because its seems like the weaknesses and Allowed Status can be a little diffrent from normal / arrange.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: 2019-06-13 23:02:54 »
If you click 'disassemble' when viewing AI it'll interpret the AI script into something more readable (if statements, etc.) but I think you need a file sitting in PrC's folder to interpret the opcodes:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4508s6b29he44x7/ProudClod.dat/file

If you're missing the .dat file from the prc folder, then put that in there and it'll interpret most of the opcodes in the disassembled view.

Fleaswallow

• View Profile
« Reply #8055 on: 2019-06-14 00:07:48 »
I solved my problem by installing the second newest 1.5 Version. In the newest the innate abilitys did not work for me, i am not sure if thats just for me but after like a whole day thinking about it I came to the conclusion that it was the newest updates fault. So the 1.5 from June23 works which is weird, but i am happy with it   ::)

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: 2019-06-14 03:04:59 »
I have discovered an incompatibility with Menu Overhaul and your mod in one specific sequence when you encounter Sephiroth in the basement of Shinra Mansion during Cloud's flashback scene.  Menu Overhaul requires use of FF7_bc.exe or FF7_mo.exe in order to get the new high def menu's.  If you use either of those .exe files to launch your mod from 7H, when you get to Sephiroth in that scene his dialog boxes don't show up.  If you hit "A" they flash on the screen for a sec and disappear again.  This is the same whether I use the FF7_bc.exe or FF7_mo.exe you provide, or the one's generated automatically by the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe.

The problem does not occur if I use the FF7.exe to run your mod, but that is incompatible with the menu overhaul in 7H.

The version of menu overhaul I am using in 7H is the R03E that comes prepackaged 7H from the iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu subscription.

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: 2019-06-14 06:47:24 »
Is it possible to get a second Mythril for the Weapon Smith near the Gold Saurcer?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: 2019-06-14 11:27:10 »
I solved my problem by installing the second newest 1.5 Version. In the newest the innate abilitys did not work for me, i am not sure if thats just for me but after like a whole day thinking about it I came to the conclusion that it was the newest updates fault. So the 1.5 from June23 works which is weird, but i am happy with it   ::)

Did you get the extra materia from Aeris, Red XIII, and Yuffie when they joined? Kernel contains initial starting state which is where the equipment and materia a character has equipped when they join is set. It's intended that you have Barrier, Earth, Heal, Revive, Enemy Skill, Gravity, Elemental, Destruct, Time, Throw, and Added Effect from them joining. If you don't have these materia, I'd consider adding them with a save editor.

I have discovered an incompatibility with Menu Overhaul and your mod in one specific sequence when you encounter Sephiroth in the basement of Shinra Mansion during Cloud's flashback scene.  Menu Overhaul requires use of FF7_bc.exe or FF7_mo.exe in order to get the new high def menu's.  If you use either of those .exe files to launch your mod from 7H, when you get to Sephiroth in that scene his dialog boxes don't show up.  If you hit "A" they flash on the screen for a sec and disappear again.  This is the same whether I use the FF7_bc.exe or FF7_mo.exe you provide, or the one's generated automatically by the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe.

The problem does not occur if I use the FF7.exe to run your mod, but that is incompatible with the menu overhaul in 7H.

The version of menu overhaul I am using in 7H is the R03E that comes prepackaged 7H from the iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu subscription.

Yeah it's been reported a few times, I thought it was a field script clash of some sort but turns out it was those .exes. I'm not sure what specifically is being altered on those scenes by those executable files though, I'll try asking Dan later.

Is it possible to get a second Mythril for the Weapon Smith near the Gold Saurcer?

Afraid not, but the two items in the chests aren't missable; I think they're icicle inn grade weapons or something.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-14 11:28:52 by Sega Chief »

Fleaswallow

• View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: 2019-06-14 12:29:51 »
Did you get the extra materia from Aeris, Red XIII, and Yuffie when they joined? Kernel contains initial starting state which is where the equipment and materia a character has equipped when they join is set. It's intended that you have Barrier, Earth, Heal, Revive, Enemy Skill, Gravity, Elemental, Destruct, Time, Throw, and Added Effect from them joining. If you don't have these materia, I'd consider adding them with a save editor.
Aeris had the first 4 materia and also an all-materia, if they will be missing i will add them manually, thanks for the info.

Fluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: 2019-06-14 16:04:55 »
Im having issues with the mod, it randomly goes CTD, haven't found what causes it, anyone else has the same issue?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: 2019-06-14 16:42:41 »
Aeris had the first 4 materia and also an all-materia, if they will be missing i will add them manually, thanks for the info.

If she had those materia then all is well.

Im having issues with the mod, it randomly goes CTD, haven't found what causes it, anyone else has the same issue?

The mod is generally stable so it's likely an underlying issue. Are you using any other mods or have done so in the past? Is this 7h you're playing through or Steam? Is this regular NT or that vanilla version I made?

One thing to note is that Steam has this issue where losing focus/clicking out of the game window can intermittently cause the game to crash.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: 2019-06-14 19:09:58 »
If you click 'disassemble' when viewing AI it'll interpret the AI script into something more readable (if statements, etc.) but I think you need a file sitting in PrC's folder to interpret the opcodes:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4508s6b29he44x7/ProudClod.dat/file

If you're missing the .dat file from the prc folder, then put that in there and it'll interpret most of the opcodes in the disassembled view.

Ok, thanks. Now its look like this. https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-7a02de-1560538776.png.html

For me its still not really readably. Somewhere there stands that the monster loses his immunity to stop, but no chance for me to read this. I think i will just use the Enemy stats from Normal Mode and try and Error in Arrnage Mode.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: 2019-06-14 20:03:49 »
Yeah it's been reported a few times, I thought it was a field script clash of some sort but turns out it was those .exes. I'm not sure what specifically is being altered on those scenes by those executable files though, I'll try asking Dan later.
If you do not find anything strange, you could fix those dialog boxes by creating a new text label and changing the previous text label with the new one in the script.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: 2019-06-14 20:51:27 »
If you do not find anything strange, you could fix those dialog boxes by creating a new text label and changing the previous text label with the new one in the script.

Yeah that could work. I'll give it a go next time there's an update needing done.

dumbstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: 2019-06-15 04:37:15 »
any ideas why my game is crashing during the swirl of the first battle only using nt mod 1.5 (other mods run fine separately).
only this - [00004516] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
[00004516] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
[00004519] Swirl sound_effect1
[00004519] stop_sound
[00004519] End of Swirl sound_effect1
[00004598] Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
[00004598] Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
[00004598] Entering MAIN
[00004600] Exiting MAIN
[00004600] [BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[00004600] [BATTLE] Scene# 993
[00004600] ERROR: unhandled exception

shows in the app.log and this only seems to be happening with the nt mod :( (also the mod offers if i want to play normal or arranged mode before opening scene so i assume it's loading)
sorry if this is the wrong place 

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: 2019-06-15 08:44:52 »
Yeah that could work. I'll give it a go next time there's an update needing done.

Cool, glad I could help you narrow the problem down. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: 2019-06-15 11:05:20 »
any ideas why my game is crashing during the swirl of the first battle only using nt mod 1.5 (other mods run fine separately).
only this - [00004516] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
[00004516] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
[00004519] Swirl sound_effect1
[00004519] stop_sound
[00004519] End of Swirl sound_effect1
[00004598] Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
[00004598] Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
[00004598] Entering MAIN
[00004600] Exiting MAIN
[00004600] [BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[00004600] [BATTLE] Scene# 993
[00004600] ERROR: unhandled exception

shows in the app.log and this only seems to be happening with the nt mod :( (also the mod offers if i want to play normal or arranged mode before opening scene so i assume it's loading)
sorry if this is the wrong place 

Try normal mode and see if the first battle crashes there as well (it has a different ID, #300 instead of arrange's #993). If that bombs as well then it might be that issue that came up when I initially updated the mod for maintenance; the .exes were wrong or something. If #300 loads then it might be that scene + kernel isn't synched so some encounters are being loaded in place of other ones which might be why #993 crashed (could have tried to load an empty formation instead).

Is this IRO or installer? If it's IRO, make sure your .exe files are default because the IRO now auto-patches them instead of needing a manual exe swap. If it's installer, then we'll go from there but I think the .exe files will likely need changed out if it's installer causing the crash.

dumbstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: 2019-06-15 21:17:16 »
Try normal mode and see if the first battle crashes there as well (it has a different ID, #300 instead of arrange's #993). If that bombs as well then it might be that issue that came up when I initially updated the mod for maintenance; the .exes were wrong or something. If #300 loads then it might be that scene + kernel isn't synched so some encounters are being loaded in place of other ones which might be why #993 crashed (could have tried to load an empty formation instead).

Is this IRO or installer? If it's IRO, make sure your .exe files are default because the IRO now auto-patches them instead of needing a manual exe swap. If it's installer, then we'll go from there but I think the .exe files will likely need changed out if it's installer causing the crash.

This issue happened using the 7th heaven loader ( other mods worked fine separately ).  I resolved the issue by just applying the mod to the ff7.exe rather than using 7th heaven and it seemingly works fine.  I did try the normal (not arranged mode) and i had the exact same issue and same app.log.  Im not sure exactly what you mea nby default .exes, the only thing i did was run the game convertor, and mount the ff7.iso (if you still even need to do that).
I mean it works now as a standalone mod which is fine for what I want, but I could try continuing to fix it if it's not an isolated case and other people experience similar problems?
thanks either way bud

edit - also is there a tool i can use to see enemy loot table/steal/morph etc, like black chocobo sort of thing?
« Last Edit: 2019-06-16 05:40:57 by dumbstrom »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: 2019-06-16 08:18:16 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8481.0

You need to open battle\scene.bin,. But not the standard one you need to open the NT one. when e.g. you use the iro files you need a iro unpacker first.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8070 on: 2019-06-16 12:04:29 »
This issue happened using the 7th heaven loader ( other mods worked fine separately ).  I resolved the issue by just applying the mod to the ff7.exe rather than using 7th heaven and it seemingly works fine.  I did try the normal (not arranged mode) and i had the exact same issue and same app.log.  Im not sure exactly what you mea nby default .exes, the only thing i did was run the game convertor, and mount the ff7.iso (if you still even need to do that).
I mean it works now as a standalone mod which is fine for what I want, but I could try continuing to fix it if it's not an isolated case and other people experience similar problems?
thanks either way bud

edit - also is there a tool i can use to see enemy loot table/steal/morph etc, like black chocobo sort of thing?

I'm not sure, we all had a similar issue when I first put the maintenance patch up and the .exe part was causing crashes for some reason. Then I uploaded a fresh set and it seemed to be OK after that. I'll check back through the thread to see if I can find out what it was again.

Checked the kernel after another user reported having no innates but all other kernel-based changes were intact. Somehow all the character-based AI except for a specific group were deleted; I keep backups though so I've checked through that and uploading replacements for the current files.

Edit: New installer + iro are up; kernel was missing character AI (which meant no innates) from the 1998 PC files and IRO.

Edit2: Had to update the links again, some issues crept in from the backup.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-16 22:40:33 by Sega Chief »

Moo_ha

• View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: 2019-06-16 22:49:11 »
Is there a guide as to what different items are handed out during the parade in junon and while doing rufus's mood gauge? are the percentages the same as the vanilla version just different items?

dumbstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: 2019-06-17 00:11:22 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8481.0

You need to open battle\scene.bin,. But not the standard one you need to open the NT one. when e.g. you use the iro files you need a iro unpacker first.

i didnt use the iro i used the installer for nt mod, would it just be in the ff7 folder now?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: 2019-06-17 10:42:38 »
Is there a guide as to what different items are handed out during the parade in junon and while doing rufus's mood gauge? are the percentages the same as the vanilla version just different items?

%s are the same but I think 120+ is now the best reward.

i didnt use the iro i used the installer for nt mod, would it just be in the ff7 folder now?

Yeah just target the FF7 folder with it.

BraveBlade

• View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: 2019-06-18 14:38:37 »
Ruby(viridian) weapon isn't spawning correctly for me. I have a save right before I enter Midgar and Ultima weapon is the only one that popped up. After I beat Ultima, Ruby spawned. And now that I cleared Midgar and right at the Crater Ruby(viridian) weapon has despawned. Any fix?