Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 465843 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)
« Reply #900 on: 2023-05-27 06:04:09 »
« Last Edit: 2023-05-27 06:35:17 by cloudiar »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #901 on: 2023-05-27 06:18:17 »
Well sorry if you feel that way, but I only can fix bugs that I can reproduce. I reviewed my code over and over, fixing things since 1.7.1, but what you experience with a huge project like yours, I often failed to reproduce it.

About the changes that is not interesting to you, there are other contributors in the project, and features like new icons are not coming from me.

I'm sad to see your message, but also I understand you could be mad at me about how long I answer to your issues.

And maybe you're right, I should say that I wont fix your issue when I don't have the time or the courage to

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 2023-05-27 07:04:49 »
I have deleted the message because it was actually for you, and although the ways were not the best, I think you have felt my frustration, I value what you empathize with instead of analyzing the ways of saying it, sometimes I also forget how complex it is to solve problems, when programs are based on code that reverse engineers, that complicates everything more, and I don't want you to feel bad about this because your program is really great, I reached my limit, I understand that they are huge problems but if in In the past we would have had a better relationship, I think in the end something more could have been done about it.

I really feel bad, I did not lie when I said that you have been like an idol for me, being able to rebuild my favorite game of all time is something that I did not think was possible until I saw your Makou Reactor, other programs are necessary to complete it but without a doubt, your program is the epicenter tool of the project, the core, I would like to forget all this and come here to tell you first, that the project is 100% finished, but it is almost impossible, I am going to try to edit the fields individually but this causes me problems because I normally use several at the same time, I also need to resort to code from other places to save time.

I wish I had time and your necessary knowledge to fix it alone, but it's impossible for me, now I would just appreciate it if you would indicate somewhere that for editing more with general code, 1.7.1 is the best option, it could be used as an independent field edition at the same time that you can keep the complete project in other versions I imagine, it's just a suggestion that in problematic cases like mine it can help a lot, and it's not despising your work in other versions to do that (or that of your collaborators), but this will make other versions people who will appear in the future do not waste a huge development time, for the rest if you want some kind of information or debug, files, you know I will be available.

You must know like me that when you do something and it goes from being a hobby to an obligation, that's when it starts to stop being fun, and without realizing it I have put a huge amount of content, fixes, extensions, modules, minigames , or complete games as Triple Triad, I have used your program so much that I have gained enough knowledge to remake the game, that's why I call it my own remake, developing such skills with the hand of your program to make it has been by far so much fun and great, and inspirations and some great ideas have been born thanks to the skills that I have developed by learning to use your program.

Sorry if the previous message has bothered you, and thanks for understanding, take care Mystare.

Quid?

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2023-05-27 14:46:11 »
For what it's worth, I also don't use much of 2.0.0 for now. Only for the new background editor and even that, not so much, just a few specifics things that goes a little faster or better than doing them in a paint tool.
For everything else I find 1.8.6 much more stable for now, or handy in the case of things I already reported to Myst6re like the walkmesh stuffs.
I don't really have major problems with scripting in 1.8.6, though I work one screen at a time and save them often.

EditorMaster

• Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2023-09-23 10:54:32 »
Hello

I tried change font but the game not running, and I cannot add any letters or sybmole because the file size....?

I can export bin,png.jpg...etc but when I want import only I can upload bin, my ask how can I upload png or jpg because import only open (bin) file...?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: 2023-09-23 11:07:28 by EditorMaster »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #905 on: 2023-09-23 11:29:31 »
If you're intent to patch an ISO, beware to not change the filesize, or to not chnage the sector of other files. I'm not sure this question is really associated to makou reactior, maybe you can ask in support or technical questions sections

Kaiseran

• My best games is the RPGs and top is FF7 !
    • View Profile
Re: Makou Reactor - a FF7 script editor
« Reply #906 on: 2023-10-18 00:34:29 »
Timu Sumisu is doing, but I can share the translation between you two :-P.

Hello
I like the program you have developed "Makou Reactor" that update it every time, I find this work is best project for FF7, well done.
I have a request that I hope you will fulfill in the next update, which is to add editing in Arabic for writing in the program.
 Because I want to translate this wonderful game into Arabic, I tried in various ways to change
Drawing letters from English to Arabic and writing in Latin letters, but the program does not execute the change command on the letter file that I edited. Therefore, I hope that you will grant me this wish, which is the ability to write in the Arabic language, as well as the possibility of applying the change of letters in the letters file and saving it to the game file.
I apologize for the length of my message.

Thank you very much.

Here WINDOW.bin (letters 20% translated to arabic for test)
https://easyupload.io/avhcq7

EditorMaster

• Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2023-10-18 15:45:06 »
Can I add new model in any map or not available yet in last version?
« Last Edit: 2023-11-03 23:30:02 by EditorMaster »

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 2024-02-24 20:52:38 »
This might already be a thing and I'm just an idiot, but you know how when you edit a field the name is red until you save then it turns green, but when you reopen it's back to normal, is there a way to keep them highlighted? Or when exporting have it compare to an unedited version and only extract the feilds that where altered?

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2024-02-26 18:40:33 »
I'm using Makou Reactor 2.0.0 and adding new groups causes strange and unintended behaviour:

1) Open a field
2) Add a new group to the bottom and save
3) Reload the field and the final script of the previous group will become the init script of the next group. In the case of Init/Main, both are absorbed into the new group.

Adding a group to the middle does not cause the same bug.

This one's not as important, but when adding a group the Find>Scripts>Run function does not update. So you can't search for functions in the bottommost group, and all the Group names are offset by one if you add a group in the middle. Reloading obviously resolves this.

Edit: Also
-Can't create a script: "Label 1" "Go to label 1" "Return". Pre-existing scripts in this game use this set-up to block a group's execution, and I can copy and paste those scripts without error. But if I create it myself I get errors.
-Trying to copy and paste any set of instructions including Opcode x28 KAWAI causes a crash.
-Taking an existing IF and setting its Label to "New label" creates a new IF instead (the unmodified IF remains, the new modified IF is placed above it with a jump to a non-existent label, and no label is added).
« Last Edit: 2024-03-12 19:27:33 by JBedford128 »

MegaCowsamMan

• Hi. Very new to Final Fantasy. 7 things only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2024-03-07 00:52:02 »
Hi. New to this place. Uh, I've got a question about the Map Editor. Whenever I create an edit to the palette of a field in the palette section, it doesn't save when I click the save button under the file button.

If I was unclear about anything, let me know. Thanks.

Spiegel1

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 2024-03-19 04:12:07 »
Thanks  ;)

ERAISERZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2024-03-19 10:54:16 »
Hi, I wanted to ask if with this program it is possible to add additional sentences to the game.
like at the beginning of the game when Cloud gets off the train and add a cartoon with a sentence.
it's possible?