Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839327 times)

Aquarii

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6750 on: 2018-03-31 18:28:34 »
Hi,

is there a reason why my ff7 game (2012, V 1.06) won´t start with the newest build? As soon as i open the ff7 launcher and click on "play", the launcher will just pop up again. With my older build, the game works fine. I also re-installed the game. I don´t know exactly which older build i use. I only know that it is a 1.5 Build from last year.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: 2018-04-01 12:28:50 »
It'll be the executable change, the older build did not modify the .exe like the new one does. Try toggling run-time permissions for the patched .exe or move the game directory out of the protected system folders, patch them, then move them back. Can also try manually patching the .exe using the Hext-Edit document via DLPB's Hext-Tools.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: 2018-04-03 14:23:12 »
-Random Battle On/Off Feature-
Hey Team, just downloaded the mod yesterday morning, returning after about a year or so -

I only applied the first link to my Steam version of FF7 (Windows 10) no other mods or hotfixes or patches or anything other than the first link, front page March 10 2018. Everything seems to be in order for me except for the Random Battle On/Off feature. I'm not sure if it defaults to 'On' after certain points but since I like to zip through the first parts of the game and I have had 'Off' selected quite a bit but have encountered enemies in these spots:
-After the plate falls and the cutscene in Midgar as solo Cloud, when Barret and Tifa rejoin him, heading back to check on Marlene
-After the chocobo race scene when first gaining the buggy
-Gi Cave had no encounters until I ran over the oil then battles started triggering (Edit: double checked this, went back from last save point in cave to oil spot and soon as I walked over the oil a battle triggered, did not hit spikes)
-And yeah after Gi Cave events back in the buggy happened again, so I think the game is defaulting to battles 'On' after certain sequences

Can confirm that when I got to a save crystal and hit the Random Battle toggle after each of these, it switched to 'On' despite me having been fighting random encounters. Flipping it back to 'Off' has worked as intended though after each instance so this hasn't been a big deal but always want to give my feedback, love this mod. Thanks as always Chief -

Web
« Last Edit: 2018-04-03 14:57:20 by Webbhead08 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: 2018-04-03 17:09:58 »
-Random Battle On/Off Feature-
Hey Team, just downloaded the mod yesterday morning, returning after about a year or so -

I only applied the first link to my Steam version of FF7 (Windows 10) no other mods or hotfixes or patches or anything other than the first link, front page March 10 2018. Everything seems to be in order for me except for the Random Battle On/Off feature. I'm not sure if it defaults to 'On' after certain points but since I like to zip through the first parts of the game and I have had 'Off' selected quite a bit but have encountered enemies in these spots:
-After the plate falls and the cutscene in Midgar as solo Cloud, when Barret and Tifa rejoin him, heading back to check on Marlene
-After the chocobo race scene when first gaining the buggy
-Gi Cave had no encounters until I ran over the oil then battles started triggering (Edit: double checked this, went back from last save point in cave to oil spot and soon as I walked over the oil a battle triggered, did not hit spikes)
-And yeah after Gi Cave events back in the buggy happened again, so I think the game is defaulting to battles 'On' after certain sequences

Can confirm that when I got to a save crystal and hit the Random Battle toggle after each of these, it switched to 'On' despite me having been fighting random encounters. Flipping it back to 'Off' has worked as intended though after each instance so this hasn't been a big deal but always want to give my feedback, love this mod. Thanks as always Chief -

Web

Sometimes the game can switch random encounters back on as part of a cutscene's script handling; for the small segment where Cloud has left the playpark and is heading south through the scrapyard alone, encounters could be fought in the original game which I disabled and then re-enabled once Barret/Tifa catch up to you. However, this then overrides the player's choice of encounters on/off until they've went to a new field screen. There are also some default scripts that can interfere with it, like the oil slide (the devs likely didn't want players to land an encounter while slipping, so they toggle it on and off there). I'm not sure how it goes for World Map encounters, I think you run into them regardless of setting because that's a separate module to fields.

The switch variable, however, should remain in place so once you've loaded a new field screen it should have encounters disabled properly again. I'll take a note of the locations you've mentioned and add handling to avoid the issue from happening at all.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: 2018-04-03 18:39:04 »
Yeah like I said not a huge deal, thanks as always for the quick response - through Gold Saucer Date, no other problems or noticeables out of place at the moment

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: 2018-04-03 22:10:33 »
Is Meteorain set to a specific level to attain or just needs insanely high kill count? I have been Odin'ing 4 and 5 packs for like an hour, lvl 50  Cloud to no avail - what gives ? Thanks in advance

Edit: Forums seem to say Odin's Steel Blade auto-kill does NOT count toward limit break kills *face-palm*
« Last Edit: 2018-04-03 22:21:01 by Webbhead08 »

whacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: 2018-04-04 19:10:05 »
The bad breath's status infliction capabilities are so powerful they successfully cast stop on the player of the game. Using the skill in the battle with Junon troopers or in the battle with Tseng on the launch pad while his helpers are still alive will lock up the battle(Maybe not permanently never waited more than 3 minutes). Seems to be some weird interaction between frog, sleep, and confuse. I'm playing on wait mode if that matters. Also, I tried to fight the Goldberries when I clearly wasn't ready with Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie. Cloud and Tifa promptly died and left Yuffie alive with her innate active and under the effects of sleep and maybe slow and the Goldberries spent all their time walking around and stabbing at, but not hitting Yuffie and so I restarted.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: 2018-04-04 22:18:07 »
If you are using a version of 60fps mod.... it's a bug in that.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: 2018-04-05 01:20:29 »
Hmm, does Vincent receive a Triple AP weapon? Searched the Gelnika high and low (and the 'where is this thing' doc) to no avail. Thanks as always -

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: 2018-04-05 21:54:21 »
Do/can you gain Oversoul shards anywhere else besides the battle square arena? I found one somewhere along the way just wondering how many battle points this will take... Thanks!

(Pugilist League +1 oversoul shard)
^^^^
« Last Edit: 2018-04-06 00:04:48 by Webbhead08 »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: 2018-04-06 16:32:23 »
Can't seem to steal from Crater Dragon, must have tried 100+ times, three or four dragons now

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: 2018-04-06 17:14:49 »
Tried to find Midgar Key, got myself a second Bahamut Zero, and now a third. Still no key

Okay finally got the key but, not from help with surveyors, I placed two and just checked under the wing of the wrecked plane where they were NOT looking, and got it, oy
« Last Edit: 2018-04-06 17:47:41 by Webbhead08 »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: 2018-04-06 17:53:46 »
Soft Lock: (accidentally) tried to enter the kitchen in Wall Market, Chef told me to stay back and then poof stuck - had to reset

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: 2018-04-06 19:20:00 »
Can't seem to steal from Crater Dragon, must have tried 100+ times, three or four dragons now

You'll need a sneak glove I think.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: 2018-04-06 21:08:49 »
Yep the sneak glove did it -

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: 2018-04-08 03:55:18 »
Was wondering what materia people are putting in Barret's missing score to maximize his damage and not turn him to swiss cheese with too much -hp%

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2018-04-08 08:11:33 by Webbhead08 »

ZeroTheOverlord

• View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: 2018-04-08 06:26:02 »
sorry if someone said this already but when you first talk to aeris in the sector 5 slums about the sick man in the pipe there is a misspelling of "this guy am sick" i just noticed it now XD

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: 2018-04-08 16:10:26 »
Anyone know where Cait Sith is in the Dark Cave side quest? I'm currently stuck - I have everyone else gathered up but I can't climb to Shinra HQ from Wall Market, re-entering the sewer from Corneo's is a soft lock, the train won't leave the station and I can't exit Midgar so... not sure what to do :/

Edit: Found Cait
« Last Edit: 2018-04-08 16:30:52 by Webbhead08 »

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: 2018-04-09 00:26:48 »
I’m surprised at the amount of things you anticipated, Segachief. I just spoke to Reno on Da Chao and ...yeah. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone else but I was surprised at his reaction.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: 2018-04-09 07:23:40 »
sorry if someone said this already but when you first talk to aeris in the sector 5 slums about the sick man in the pipe there is a misspelling of "this guy am sick" i just noticed it now XD

It's a feature of the mod. :D

Spoiler: show
The Playstation translation had "this guy are sick." This was later fixed in the PC release, but because of how funny and memorable some of them are, Sega Chief has restored a few for the mod.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-09 09:40:52 by Bowser9 »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: 2018-04-09 22:45:41 »
Anyone know where the Guidebook is located or obtained? I seemed to have missed it but have completed most everything in the game at this point - thanks as always

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: 2018-04-10 01:11:16 »
Anyone know where the Guidebook is located or obtained? I seemed to have missed it but have completed most everything in the game at this point - thanks as always

Still with the Ghost Ship; Junon - Underwater Reactor. Use Morph.

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: 2018-04-10 04:31:48 »
I've noticed some weird things during my current Arrange run:
  • Hell Houses are practically impossible to morph because of Bad Plumbing spam.
  • Dragon Scales deal 5000 defense-ignoring damage. Whether or not that's intentional, it's ridiculously overpowered for something you can morph Aps into.
  • Poison ticks being non-elemental damage means Lich GT now harms itself with it.
  • Jenova-VECTOR never seems to summon the Vector Nodes.
  • Ethers restore 300 MP in the menu.
  • Near Mideel, Hippogriffs don't give any EXP but Spirals do. I haven't fought the other enemies there yet.
  • The Spiral Shuriken grants 68 attack. I think this was the case in previous versions too, but it only now hit me how inconsistent that is.
  • In terms of stat bonuses, White Capes are flat-out better than Safety Bits.
  • Is Trine obtainable in Arrange before the final dungeon? Armor Keeper doesn't use it.
  • Cloud's innate is triggered by all of Vincent's attacks while he's transformed.
  • Cait Sith's Black M-Phone doesn't actually drain HP.
  • Aeris still hangs out in Lower Junon when she's supposed to be in the City of the Ancients.
As for stuff that's just my opinion:
  • Braver and Climhazzard both reducing defense is a bit boring. Same with Greased Lightning and Landscaper both inflicting Slow, though Landscaper is at least different in other ways.
  • Satan Gate seems weak. Maybe I just got lucky, but its attacks were weak when they didn't just miss and I beat it before it could do anything meaningful. The Brass Dragon was a much longer and more involved fight.
  • The stat penalties on Added Effect, Magic Counter, and Gil Plus seem needlessly harsh.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-10 05:57:29 by Chronoseth »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: 2018-04-10 16:25:24 »
Anyone else unable to launch game, error 5190 through Steam Version? I can't get it up and running to disable cloud save and run offline

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: 2018-04-10 19:49:33 »
Not sure if its been pointed out but when you obtain Aeris her innate explanation it says that she absorbs poison damage, but then it says that Poison is not covered in the next text bubble. I think that you mean to say that damage from poison ticks are not covered but I just want to verify.