Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845049 times)

Incinerator

Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)
« Reply #1325 on: 2018-07-12 16:16:43 »
Guys I want to disable the menu button when I'm using Cid Frog... it's possible?

You know I noticed this myself. The menu is enabled whilst controlling as Cid_Frog before the red light green light mini game.
Wasn’t like that in psx as far as I know.
Never the matter a simple fix.

CrazynNova

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2018-07-12 23:47:37 »
I really hate to make an example of myself but I'm having some serious difficulties trying to work out how to load files into this tool

I have both the steam and physical copy of the game. I have tried loading the .bin files from the steam version (p0data12 for example) all of which produce the unhandled exception error message. With the PSX version, I am even more lost. There is a "raw cd image" file on the disk. How the hell is that loaded in?

I'm sorry to be a pain

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 2018-07-13 09:17:03 »
Steam version: you must load the FF9_Launcher.exe file.
PSX version: you must rip your CD to an ISO file (there are tools for that on the internet). The output must be a .bin file, not .img.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 2018-07-13 13:05:25 »
Hi Tirlititi  :) Have you checked my latest question? You think you can help somehow?

You know I noticed this myself. The menu is enabled whilst controlling as Cid_Frog before the red light green light mini game.
Wasn’t like that in psx as far as I know.
Never the matter a simple fix.

I know right..

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2018-07-13 13:44:15 »
I've not checked, it's strange to me... Who is in the party when you open the menu?
Anyway, there can be 2 reasons for that:
- It was already there in the PSX version,
- There is a special check in the engine's source code that prevents the effect of "DisableMenu" in that field at that point, which is likely to be a mistake.

I am very confident that the Field Scripts themselves are exactly the same in the PSX and Steam versions, and that's the thing usually dealing with menu enabling/disabling (unless the engine oversteps it).

Incinerator

« Reply #1330 on: 2018-07-13 19:39:19 »
- There is a special check in the engine's source code that prevents the effect of "DisableMenu" in that field at that point, which is likely to be a mistake.

I'm going to assume it's this.
Like other engine mistakes, such as being able to land the invincible airship on world map bushes.

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 2018-07-14 07:12:21 »
well fortunately be able to land in more places is a good thing , infact i am really interested in make the invinicible able to land anywere :D

KekeMcGee

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 2018-07-16 04:07:54 »
Is model importing still broken? or am I doing things wrong?

I've tried importing proper versions of ASCII FBX & Binary FBX, but they either crash the game, or fail to load the scene.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2018-07-16 09:02:42 »
Yes, it's still broken. I don't know what program you use for creating your FBX files, but you *should* be able to import accessory models.
The character models are a mess... I don't know what fails and why and I gave it up, at least temporarily.
Also, I didn't test replacing only the animations in the latest version, but it was working pretty nicely last time... so you may also do that if I'm not mistaken.

Incinerator

« Reply #1334 on: 2018-07-16 09:10:10 »
Is model importing still broken? or am I doing things wrong?

I've tried importing proper versions of ASCII FBX & Binary FBX, but they either crash the game, or fail to load the scene.

Yes, it's still broken. I don't know what program you use for creating your FBX files, but you *should* be able to import accessory models.
The character models are a mess... I don't know what fails and why and I gave it up, at least temporarily.
Also, I didn't test replacing only the animations in the latest version, but it was working pretty nicely last time... so you may also do that if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah. Still a bit buggy. I've only got as far as model swapping weapons with the importer, but those where invisible in game. I treid test importing the Zodiac SPear weapon, could not import that. I could not model swap Zidane with Quina still. (Vice versa)

Regrading the characters, I tried numerous things to try and progress. At the very least, after properly re-rigging custom models to the output's bone hierarchy, and those animations intact, I was able to import it without crashing the model importer, but in game, it still crashed. something is still missing. I use 3ds Max and Maya. (Usually with the .anim files).
Animations still there, everything, but to no avail, the game will still crash.

KekeMcGee

• View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: 2018-07-16 21:41:09 »
Ah, I mainly use Blender. Thanks for the replies, looking forward to it being fixed no matter how long it takes.

Incinerator

« Reply #1336 on: 2018-07-17 23:09:30 »
Ah, I mainly use Blender. Thanks for the replies, looking forward to it being fixed no matter how long it takes.

What were you trying to import? Accessory, Character?

Maedroth

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 2018-07-18 16:10:38 »
Is there any way to modify the 'Level up' and 'Ability Up' support abilities? As in, modify the values they give (1.5x EXP, 2x, 3x etc.).

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: 2018-07-19 00:06:32 »
Yes, but preferably with the tool dnSpy.
The code for that is in the method "BattleResultUI::InitialInfo". There's the following lines there for experience:
Code: [Select]
if (ff9abil.FF9Abil_GetEnableSA((int)pLAYER.info.slot_no, 235))
{
battleEndValue.value += this.defaultExp >> 1;
}
And for AP:
if (ff9abil.FF9Abil_GetEnableSA((int)pLAYER.info.slot_no, 236))
{
battleEndValue2.value = this.defaultAp << 1;
}
If you're not familiar with the shift operators, you can simply consider that "+= this.defaultExp >> 1" adds half of the default experience to the total, and "this.defaultAp << 1" is twice the number of AP (it's like a division or a multiplication by 2).
You can replace those formulae by something else, like "battleEndValue.value = this.defaultExp * 3;" for getting three times the exp with Level Up.

If you want to do it with Hades Workshop, it's in the panel "CIL Code -> Raw -> BattleResultUI -> InitialInfo".
It is CIL Code there, not C#, so it's harder to read/modify, but if you don't want to use dnSpy, I will check how to do (if it is possible: not all the methods can be edited correctly with HW). I can't do it right now.

Incinerator

« Reply #1339 on: 2018-07-19 02:47:22 »
And for AP:
if (ff9abil.FF9Abil_GetEnableSA((int)pLAYER.info.slot_no, 236))
{
battleEndValue2.value = this.defaultAp << 1;
}
If you're not familiar with the shift operators, you can simply consider that "+= this.defaultExp >> 1" adds half of the default experience to the total, and "this.defaultAp << 1" is twice the number of AP (it's like a division or a multiplication by 2).
You can replace those formulae by something else, like "battleEndValue.value = this.defaultExp * 3;" for getting three times the exp with Level Up.

could this be used to store (save) gained AP for each character separately and spend it on abilities rather?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 2018-07-19 12:23:51 »
Yes, well, it's more in the "BattleResultUI::AddAp" method that you'd want to do that.
In that method, there's a loop over the equipments, then a loop over the ability slot of each piece of equipment, and the increase of these abilities' AP.
You can replace the whole loop by:
ushort curap = FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no] | ((ushort)FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no+1] << 8);
curap += ap;
FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no] = curap & 0xFF;
FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no+1] = curap >> 8;
With this, the general variables "VARL_GenUInt16_1500" will hold the AP storage number (65535 max) of Zidane, "VARL_GenUInt16_1502" will contain the one's of Vivi, etc... I've chosen 1500 randomly ; I think that this general variable is not used but it might be.
But then you need some system to allow players to spend these "ap_store" into abilities. And that's a completly different story, quite harder.

What you can do with that is to make this system with the field scripts: for instance, you can add the option to spend AP in the moogles' menu. If you don't want it, you have to wait until we know how to add a full menu with GameObjects and such. That surely won't be soon.

Incinerator

« Reply #1341 on: 2018-07-19 17:04:09 »
Yes, well, it's more in the "BattleResultUI::AddAp" method that you'd want to do that.
In that method, there's a loop over the equipments, then a loop over the ability slot of each piece of equipment, and the increase of these abilities' AP.
You can replace the whole loop by:
ushort curap = FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no] | ((ushort)FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no+1] << 8);
curap += ap;
FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no] = curap & 0xFF;
FF9StateSystem.EventState.gEventGlobal[1500+2*pLAYER.info.slot_no+1] = curap >> 8;
With this, the general variables "VARL_GenUInt16_1500" will hold the AP storage number (65535 max) of Zidane, "VARL_GenUInt16_1502" will contain the one's of Vivi, etc... I've chosen 1500 randomly ; I think that this general variable is not used but it might be.
But then you need some system to allow players to spend these "ap_store" into abilities. And that's a completly different story, quite harder.

What you can do with that is to make this system with the field scripts: for instance, you can add the option to spend AP in the moogles' menu. If you don't want it, you have to wait until we know how to add a full menu with GameObjects and such. That surely won't be soon.

Thanks for in depth info! Knowing this part is doable is just as good.
While my goal is to have a full new menu with GameObjects, I’m curious to know how I would go about using the Moogle Menu from field scripts.

RuneWinchester

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 2018-07-20 18:42:46 »
Hi,

I'm a Windows PC Steam User for FF IX. I'd like to start using this program for my game, but I'm stuck on initial operation. When I went to open a file the program wants a .bin file, and my FF IX save is a .dat file. Which file should I be opening, and would someone mind to post the directory location of it, or is there another step you must take to get HWS to accept steam saves?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-20 19:59:34 by RuneWinchester »

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: 2018-07-23 09:47:35 »
i am not an hacker so all i know is the path of the steam save for final fantasy 9 :
 C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY IX\Steam\EncryptedSavedData

in order to make sure that the "AppData" folder appear , you may have to change the settings for the folders in the apposite menu (it should be in control panel) and activate something like " show hidden folders"
« Last Edit: 2018-07-23 09:49:35 by brucy »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: 2018-07-23 10:02:38 »
Hades Workshop can not deal with save files. It deals with the game's data files.
You must select the file "FF9_Launcher.exe" in the game's directory. Usually, it is something like this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy IX

It is only for the PSX version that you need to select a .bin file. For Steam, you never select .bin files directly (the program finds the files it needs itself).

If you want to edit your save files, you must use the tool Memoria by gjoerulv.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-23 10:04:54 by Tirlititi »

KekeMcGee

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 2018-07-25 12:30:39 »
What were you trying to import? Accessory, Character?

I was trying to import a weapon over Zidane's in-battle dagger, and attempted two battle backgrounds, one crashed the game, the other only caused a forever loading blackscreen with the music still playing.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: 2018-07-25 19:17:13 »
The weapon and battle backgrounds are somewhat special in the sense that they have a different hierarchy than the others. The problem is, apparently, that the game's source code espects some 3D models to have very special hierarchy or bone names or whatever. It is not clear to me what are these special requirements, in addition to the bugs that probably exist in the model conversion.

Again, at best, only importing animations only or possibly accessory models have a chance to work in my knowledge.

Incinerator

« Reply #1347 on: 2018-07-25 20:25:33 »
the game's source code espects some 3D models to have very special hierarchy or bone names or whatever. It is not clear to me what are these special requirements, in addition to the bugs that probably exist in the model conversion.

that's good, at least the main issues has been narrowed down to these to fields.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: 2018-08-09 17:55:34 »
HI GUYS! I'm back!!! And finally... I FINISHED THE MOD!!

I was wondering.. it's ok if I post in the forum, even if it's in Italian only? :|

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: 2018-08-09 18:28:02 »
Congrats.
I guess you can but you need to ask to a moderator, not me.
Also, posting here is not the best thing for visibility from the italian community: you should better post your mod in an italian forum as well (plus, even if you are allowed to post it here, I bet you'd need to write the description in english in this forum).