Author Topic: [FF7 PC] FF7.exe Editor - now includes shop data!  (Read 6610 times)

petfriendamy

• View Profile
So as you may know, most of the characters' initial data can be found and edited in the kernel. But since Young Cloud and Sephiroth are hogging their respective character slots, the data for Cait Sith and Vincent is hidden away in the EXE, making it more annoying to edit. Well, I threw together a quick tool to help with that issue!

The tool locates Cait Sith and Vincent's data in the EXE, and allows you to edit it via the user interface. Right now it expects and validates with basegame data, but later on I might see if I can tweak it to read weapon data, etc. from the kernel. I also might expand it later to edit other stuff that can only be changed in the EXE, but I just stuck with this for now since this was what I needed it for.

UPDATE: The tool now includes character names and shop data!

Download link here:
https://github.com/petfriendamy/FF7-exe-Editor/releases

Old versions:
2.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LnGEiMW7UCC04XJG8p-JryJi1qcxDYEg/view
2.1.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gSsfj2g38Zyb__OEZjccBrNwKVy8WJeX/view
2.1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cb-3ltSWxnKOfoOfHOQT5NpedEZsJqWa/view
2.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11HNwbq9bldCbQjpmf2u1L3nUIohlXMJW/view
2.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16wskivtB8hmvScT5hUJ5gCaVICOB-lh7/view
1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JDIjShNqgmDK92cEQuzfSJLgss63Erf8/view

Includes a DLL (Editor.Core.dll) that you can use for your own installers. Also includes the source code, which you can also use and modify if you want. (Now on GitHub!) Written in C#.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-14 14:41:41 by petfriendamy »

petfriendamy

• View Profile
Some updates:

• You can now export the character data to a file, making it easier to backup and share without having to edit the entire EXE every time.
  • You can now change character IDs for Cait Sith and Vincent. I'm not sure what the impact of that is, but it's an option now.
  • Most importantly, you can now change the characters' names!

These are the names that appear on the character rename screen, so you can correct Aerith's name, change Red XIII to Nanaki, or whatever else you want to do.

cloudiar

• View Profile
Hello!

Does this work with version 97 exe? (ff7 1.02 english)

My question is logical, my exe has important modifications and I need to be sure of its correct operation, in any case it is an excellent job, if it works for me I have small changes pending with Vincent and Caith Sith, of course I would include you in the credits.

Regards

petfriendamy

• View Profile
Hello!

Does this work with version 97 exe? (ff7 1.02 english)

My question is logical, my exe has important modifications and I need to be sure of its correct operation, in any case it is an excellent job, if it works for me I have small changes pending with Vincent and Caith Sith, of course I would include you in the credits.

Regards
I believe so! I had to make a small tweak to the editor to make sure it recognizes the 1997 version, but it looks like it's working fine. Let me know if you have any issues.

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
When loading an updated exe or the data file only the name is correct, the Curse Rings are Fairy Rings when first loading the exe then change to Earrings when I load the dat file in.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-05 01:00:47 by Pure_Mind_Games »

petfriendamy

• View Profile
When loading an updated exe or the data file only the name is correct, the Curse Rings are Fairy Rings when first loading the exe then change to Earrings when I load the dat file in.
What do you mean by "only the name is correct"? And which version of FF7 are you using?

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
What do you mean by "only the name is correct"? And which version of FF7 are you using?
When I change Clouds name then reload the exe or the .dat file to an unchanged exe the change is what I made. The exe is 1.02, to be honest now that I think about it, I think it might be 7th Heaven screwing everything up, I can't even launch the game without going through it.

petfriendamy

• View Profile
When I change Clouds name then reload the exe or the .dat file to an unchanged exe the change is what I made. The exe is 1.02, to be honest now that I think about it, I think it might be 7th Heaven screwing everything up, I can't even launch the game without going through it.
Hm, strange. Let me know if you keep having issues with it.

That said, I did notice an issue with accessories not being correct, so I went ahead and fixed that. And speaking of 7th Heaven, the editor can now generate Hext files for use with IROs!

petfriendamy

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] FF7.exe Editor - now includes shop data!
« Reply #8 on: 2023-04-21 18:41:26 »
*blows off the dust*

Hey! So I recently decided to drag this old thing over to .NET 7, as well as putting it on GitHub like a proper software dev. And—important enough to warrant a thread bump—it now includes shop data!

Special thanks to titeguy3 for making White Chocobo, the original shop editor that I used as a baseline for this. Also special thanks to myst6re for Makou Reactor, which I used to find and identity all the shops. Apparently there's an unused materia shop!

As usual, let me know if you run into any issues.

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2023-07-02 04:00:59 »
hello guys, does anyone having an issue when you modified the ff7.exe app and when run the game with mods on 7th heaven and anything you modified does not take effect in game, it backs to original unmodified state. so i wonder how to get the modified data works with other mods running on 7th heaven? any help would be appriciate, thanks.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2023-07-02 11:29:51 »
hello guys, does anyone having an issue when you modified the ff7.exe app and when run the game with mods on 7th heaven and anything you modified does not take effect in game, it backs to original unmodified state. so i wonder how to get the modified data works with other mods running on 7th heaven? any help would be appriciate, thanks.
You cant use your own ff7.exe in 7th Heaven. To use your changes in your mod ,you must create a text file(in your mod folder ,must be inside a folder called hext) and put every hexadecimal change you want in FF7.EXE (not the ff7.exe file but the ff7.exe program process,  when the game is executed, the hex address are different).

Example [Hex Address = Changed Value]:

..\ff7.exe

919970 = A0
919971 = 31
919972 = 55
919973 = 49
919974 = 45
919975 = 52

petfriendamy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2023-07-06 16:52:27 »
Yeah, what Markul said. You can load your modified EXE in the editor and click the "create Hext file" button to generate the text file that 7th Heaven uses.

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2023-07-08 03:05:49 »
ohh i see...thanks a lot guys :) finally im able to load the game with my ff7.exe changes now.

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2024-01-25 15:25:29 »
One thing thats confusing me is the prices for materia like summons is 1 but the 'Materia AP price multiplier' says 70. Wouldn't that mean they should sell for AP*70?
« Last Edit: 2024-01-25 15:27:58 by Pure_Mind_Games »