Author Topic: MySQL data base issues  (Read 2263 times)

Cyberman

• View Profile
MySQL data base issues
« on: 2006-04-30 21:32:54 »
Hey ya Qhimm if you can read this you are more fortunate than I.

It looks like either someone is trashing your database server or it's having issues with staying up.
On the forums and the wiki I've been recieving database errors from loosing connection to not being there the last 3 days. The forums PHP software appears to be running just getting errors from the MySQL server for your SEQUEL database containing the wiki and the forums.  :)

Thought you might be unaware of it.  

Cyb

PS: How are things anyhow?

Sad Jari

MySQL data base issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-30 22:28:18 »
Actually it's been doing that ever since last fall, but it's really bad now. :isee:

It's not just the MySQL-server either, also the webserver drops offline occasionally. And sometimes just takes a really long time to reply, but it might be just waiting the database-server.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
MySQL data base issues
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-01 00:48:21 »
Not unaware, just annoyed by it. It has a tendency of happening between me typing up a post and me trying to submit that post. Most likely server-side load issue, like a badly coded site sharing the same physical server, or such a site suffering a DoS attack. Will look into it, but not much I can do other than make rude and impolite faces behind the maintenance staff's back. :P

Update: It looks like GoogleBot is crawling the site right now. Possibly connected?

Cyberman

• View Profile
MySQL data base issues
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-01 17:23:58 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Not unaware, just annoyed by it. It has a tendency of happening between me typing up a post and me trying to submit that post. Most likely server-side load issue, like a badly coded site sharing the same physical server, or such a site suffering a DoS attack. Will look into it, but not much I can do other than make rude and impolite faces behind the maintenance staff's back. :P

Update: It looks like GoogleBot is crawling the site right now. Possibly connected?

It's possible it's googlebot but the errors I was getting specifically were with the MySQL database, in fact ALL of them refered to it disconnecting then becoming unavailable.  I was attempting updates and such. However if there is a way to keep googlebot from overzealously accessing the website that might help.   I'm no expert at MySQL servers. :D

Perhaps switching to Postgress (if you have any authority over what flipping DB software they use) will fix it.  It's actually much more mature and features a significant amount more effort, it's just less popular. (LOL)

Cyb