Author Topic: Replaying FF7  (Read 4178 times)

Lein

• View Profile
Replaying FF7
« on: 2016-05-25 21:22:37 »
After finally having played crisis core I got an urge to replay the old ff7 game. I have a playstation rom and wonder if there are any mods that you guys would recommend one to install on the playstation version of ff7. There are so much stuff on this site that I don't know what to download, how could i enhance the ff7 experience. Is there a mod that references crisis core, because that would be cool.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Re: Replaying FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-25 21:27:46 »
For the most part, mods are made for the PC version.
As far as I'm aware, most PlayStation mods just change things like stats, item drops, and battles.
Due to the fact that they're made with PS1 limitations, there isn't much that can be done, really.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-25 21:41:05 »
I def recommend the re-translation, which has been converted to PSX >

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19709.0.html

Lein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-25 22:18:36 »
I don't think I can use that translation mod since while I have the US version of the game the size of the discs doesn't seem to match.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-31 16:30:26 »
Get 7th Heaven (Mod Manager for FF VII) and download the catalog, it contains most of the essential mods you can get at the moment.

Here's a tutorial: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Not yet in the 7th Heaven catalog but very recommended, jmp434's recreated backgrounds: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16748.0

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-31 17:20:15 »
I have a playstation rom ...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-31 17:53:22 »
I have a playstation rom ...
Ugh, I hadn't noticed this. We will not be providing support for pirated copies of the game, as per the site's rules:

We Do Not Condone Software Piracy
Asking where to get illegal software or cracks will not be tolerated. Asking for support for the Ultima Edition or any other pirated version of the game will not be tolerated. Any discussion regarding pirated software is an immediate warning. Assisting people that use pirated software is also forbidden.

Kaldarasha, in the future, if you see something like this, please use the report button to bring it to an administrator's attention.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-31 17:55:19 by Covarr »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-31 19:11:46 »
 :-[ Wupps! I didn't realized that either. My point was actually that he use the PSX game and 7th Heaven won't work on it.  :-\

Rurounin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-09 07:05:07 »
It's worth buying the game again for the retranslation alone if you ask me, i haven't played it for many years but i did play through it some 10+ times on the Playstation and basically did everything, more than once.

But playing it with the retranslation is like playing it for the first time again, finally playing it how it was meant to be like, never have to wonder what they actually meant and actually appreciate the writing rather than going though the paces ignoring most of it like the last 8 playthroughs.