Author Topic: FF7 Strange Graphical Glitch  (Read 6214 times)

Haxdrallion

• View Profile
FF7 Strange Graphical Glitch
« on: 2019-02-27 17:31:41 »
Hi! First of all, I'd just like to say that I'm very grateful for all of the awesome work everyone has put into the modding scene here, you're all champions. <3
Now, to the matter at hand: I've been feeling the urge to play FFVII (with 7th Heaven of course) again after seeing the beta release of the Remako mod, but I've encountered an odd graphical glitch. 99% of things are fine as far as I've seen, but Cloud's left eye has shrunk and replaced his eyebrow!

My full mod list is as follows:
Spoiler: show
Battle Models - Weapons (all enabled)
Philman's Red XIII Weapon Remodels
Field Models - Objects (also all enabled)
Animations (Bloodshot + Kaldarasha and 60 fps battles)
Battle Models - Characters (Kaldarasha)
Battle Models - Enemies (Frogs Style 2, Joker/Death Dealer, Life Form and Shinra Soldiers)
Avalanche Arisen 1k Battle Textures
Remako HD Graphics Beta
cmh175's HQ FMV pack
Music and Sound (Anxious Heart Original OST, Seclet SFX)
Minmin Menu Avatars
Minigames Collection (all enabled)
Spell Textures (sl1982, Jinkazama2k7 limit break)
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul
World Models - Enemies (PRP)
World Models - Vehicles (all enabled)
World Textures (Felix Leonheart + Ste41k + Grimmy)

I'd rather not use any field model mods because they all change the scaling and clash with the (admittedly few) cutscenes where the OG models are baked in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Strange Graphical Glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2019-02-27 22:19:06 »
That looks like a higher res texture file that's managed to over-write one of the eye .tex files of Cloud's default model. Could be a stray file that's snuck into one of the other IROs.

Only things in your mod load order that look likely are the Objects iro and the Animations IRO because they'll definitely have a char.lgp in them that could contain the stray file.

Other possibility might be that a file is sitting in your direct folders; check to make sure there aren't any loose files sitting in there.

Haxdrallion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-02-28 08:31:29 »
I had a feeling it might be something like that, thanks for confirming. I've tried deactivating both mods (and deleting my texture cache), but it doesn't seem to have sorted the problem and I can't find any loose files in the direct folder except for a bunch of empty folders... Is there anything I might have missed? Should I just try a fresh install?
« Last Edit: 2019-02-28 09:20:07 by Haxdrallion »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-02-28 14:00:11 »
I had a feeling it might be something like that, thanks for confirming. I've tried deactivating both mods (and deleting my texture cache), but it doesn't seem to have sorted the problem and I can't find any loose files in the direct folder except for a bunch of empty folders... Is there anything I might have missed? Should I just try a fresh install?

If you try running the game without IROs/7H (just using ff7.exe) and checking if that fixes it, then you could probably narrow it down by activating one IRO at a time and checking through (might need a save file that's past the intro + close to camera so can check faster). But if the eye is still wrong with no IROs on then a fresh install might be best.

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-02-28 15:23:15 »
That happened to me too. If I remember correctly I solved it by changing the line

direct_mode = off in direct_mode = on

in ff7_opengl.cfg

Haxdrallion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-02-28 21:14:02 »
Okay, so I tried changing the Direct setting to Off because it was already set to On and that didn't fix it. The game is fine if I run without IROs, so I guess I need to just go through and check everything one by one. I'll get back to everyone once I've done that, might take a bit because I'm just back from work and I wanna relax for a bit before I do anything that takes too much focus.
Thanks again for all the advice, it's really nice to get such quick and helpful responses. =3

By the way, would updating from 7th Heaven 1.54 help at all? Do I still need to fill up all my save slots to avoid crashing?

Haxdrallion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-03-01 16:17:09 »
Okay! Very sorry for double-posting, but I discovered the source of the problem! It was the Minigames Collection mod, specifically, the bike chase model replacement option. Oddly, chocobo racing model replacement works fine, just not bike chase. It's not a huge deal, I can live without that, but I'll probably drop chocobo racing replacement as well just for consistency. xD

Thanks again to everybody for their help, glad we could sort this out. Is there anywhere I should post a bug report or something like that?

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-03-04 20:04:10 »
Good to know I had this problem last time I tried 7th heaven. So I just gave up heh.