Author Topic: Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm foru  (Read 7179 times)

trunks33

• View Profile
I'm new to the FF series. Playing FF7 remake and think that it would be great to play the original FF7 for the complete story. I'm getting the following error when I try to launch the game from 7th heaven. My game is d/l from Steam and I have a Chinese language mod installed. Is there a way to fix this?

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm forums.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
7H thinks your game is pirated. If you have a genuine copy of the game with proof, I can help you troubleshoot the problem. If it's pirated, don't waste my time because I'll know anyway.

If you need to purchase the game, FF7 is currently $5.99 on a Steam sale right now. Don't hesitate because the sale ends in a couple of days.

trunks33

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply! Here's the screenshots of my Steam purchase from yesterday

https://drive.google.com/open?id=193mTVBsqBz-o_bmI0lJlf83nuBlAkYEJ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1js8uof7Ql8x0zLPA4Ikk5b-9dx6QOwrH

And the language mod that I installed is from the link below, don't know if it will help with the troubleshoot.

-deleted-

If you need anything else from me please let me know. Thx again! Really hope it will work.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 09:50:19 by strife98 »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
I'll take a look at it. Since you just purchased FF7, did you have it previously (pirated) and you installed your genuine to the same folder? Also please click Play in 7H, then send me your 7H applog.txt file. Thanks!

Edit: Also please send me the original location of where this language pack comes from so I can verify its authenticity.

Edit 2: Sorry, I can't help you with your "language pack". It comes from a well-known cracking/piracy group.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 08:51:01 by unab0mb »

trunks33

• View Profile
I guess the problem really comes from the language mod. I tried on my boyfriend's computer without installing the mod and it worked perfectly. Too bad I'll have to stick with the original graphic then... Just finished the Remake on PS4, the game is in Chinese so I really want to continue playing in the same language. I want to know what happened to Cloud so badly, can't wait for the next Remake version!

Thank you very much again for your help!

Evervess

• View Profile
7H thinks your game is pirated. If you have a genuine copy of the game with proof, I can help you troubleshoot the problem. If it's pirated, don't waste my time because I'll know anyway.

If you need to purchase the game, FF7 is currently $5.99 on a Steam sale right now. Don't hesitate because the sale ends in a couple of days.

So, I take it that you're going to provide a 100% support if I would buy the game myself? And will personally refund my money (on my card obviously, not on a Steam wallet) if some of the mods won't be working hence making the purchase useless for me?
Cause, you see, I wanted to check if it'll work first, but I guess some genius decided to install a "protection" against a pyrated copy of a game that is like, wow, 22 years old.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
So, I take it that you're going to provide a 100% support if I would buy the game myself? And will personally refund my money (on my card obviously, not on a Steam wallet) if some of the mods won't be working hence making the purchase useless for me?
Cause, you see, I wanted to check if it'll work first, but I guess some genius decided to install a "protection" against a pyrated copy of a game that is like, wow, 22 years old.

Its obvious you didnt read the rules. We do not condone piracy. For any reason.