Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Lunar Cry v1.5 - Enemy Upscale (2017-8-31)  (Read 133397 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Lunar Cry - FF8 Enemy Upscale (v1.2)
« Reply #25 on: 2016-02-21 20:50:32 »
The links work again! Sorry about losing my domain, guys.  Thanks for the messages!

morph4037

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2016-12-31 15:47:07 »
Hey there...
Noticed that when you are fighting a bomb and some other enemy (like the big snake I don't remember the name when you are approaching the blue light to get bahamut), the textures from the bomb appear on the other enemies.
I'll try to take a screenshot next time.
Wee bit late to the party but I've noticed the same glitch in the Deep Sea Research Center. When the Anacoundaur and Bomb spawn in the same pack the Bomb is merged for lack of another word with the Anacoundaur texture. However the snake only keeps a few of the Bomb textures but loses all of his. Sorry about the status effects in the Bomb close up pic, forgot to remove the junctions before I took the screen shot.  :oops:

Aside from that, I'm really digging all the great graphics mods for FF8, keep up the great work!  :D

E: I'm taking another look at the Bomb in game and I think maybe its not the snake its being merged with but the Buel (tri-winged thinger) textures or both. It''s weird all the same lol. 

« Last Edit: 2016-12-31 15:51:02 by morph4037 »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 2016-12-31 16:53:38 »
Wee bit late to the party but I've noticed the same glitch in the Deep Sea Research Center. When the Anacoundaur and Bomb spawn in the same pack the Bomb is merged for lack of another word with the Anacoundaur texture. However the snake only keeps a few of the Bomb textures but loses all of his. Sorry about the status effects in the Bomb close up pic, forgot to remove the junctions before I took the screen shot.  :oops:

Aside from that, I'm really digging all the great graphics mods for FF8, keep up the great work!  :D

E: I'm taking another look at the Bomb in game and I think maybe its not the snake its being merged with but the Buel (tri-winged thinger) textures or both. It''s weird all the same lol. 

Due to how Tonberry is sometimes, it can cause certain textures to overlap. As you can see, each enemy has either lost a texture or gained one from the other enemy. I've fix a majority of the battles, this one included. Of course, I'm not sure how many enemy combinations there are in this game, so I'm sure there are still a few out there I missed. I've sent the fixes to Mcindus, so it'll probably be fixed in the next update. :)

gecko

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2017-01-05 09:46:27 »
I may have found a similar "wrong enemy texture" bug. This time, it's during Laguna dream sequence in disc 3 (when you have a Ruby Dragon boss fight).

One of the regular encounters there consists of 1 Mesmerize and 2 Bite Bugs.

This is what it looks like. I'm not sure which enemy texture the Mesmerize is using (it may be Bite Bug?).

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #29 on: 2017-01-05 15:32:32 »
This will be fixed in the next update!

This next update will merely include 'fixes' for the issues where textures are appearing on the wrong enemies.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Lunar Cry v1.5 - Enemy Upscale (2017-8-31)
« Reply #30 on: 2017-08-31 19:52:38 »
Hey everyone!!  With Fated Courage's help, I've updated the mod to v1.5!!!  This should fix most, if not all the missing textures issues!  I've also done a small color treatment to the mod.

Thanks!  Check the main post!

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2017-09-01 00:56:14 »
Great job guys, as usual :)

I plan on finally starting a FF8 game with all the juicy mods, in a couple of weeks. I was thinking: do you guys have more lovely stuff coming up in the near future (and i should be patient and wait for that), or i can just dive into the adventure asap? :P

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2017-09-04 16:58:40 »
Big thanks Mcindus, you rock!

Striff

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2017-09-27 10:17:42 »
Nice work !!
Can you update the link it s not working anymore :(

LeeOliver

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2018-06-14 10:32:51 »
Hey MCINDUS, I found another bug...  D=
It's in the rock parts of the Fastitocalon(enemy_fastitcln_14.png) texture, it just doesn't load when you fight this enemy.
It's not something that bothers me(since I don't run much in the beach areas), but only to notify you about it.

I loved this mod and the others you did too(Tripod, etc..). Keep up the good work!   =3

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2018-09-30 00:00:25 »
I gave the creep enemy some more fitting eyes and made their smile a tiny bit larger

place in FINAL FANTASY VIII\textures\en\enemy_creeps

Oozz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2019-06-17 11:31:26 »
Hello Guys,

this is my first comment. You guys did a great job, that's awesome!! Thank you!

Kind regards

SlickNick

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2019-07-14 09:00:25 »
Hi i just started Modding my FF8 with your mods and i must say i love them all great job and thank you for the work you have done i have tried all but Lunar Cry cant seem to get the download page to show up keeps directing me to pages that don't exist if you could post a new download link id greatly appreciate it! again Great Work on all you've done!