Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1845085 times)

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1800 on: 2012-08-29 23:54:20 »
@tifalockheart1983

I can't tell if your graphics card isn't supported, or if you didn't set up your FF7Config correctly. Let's eliminate one of those by doing this for me...

1. Open FF7Config inside your FF7 installation folder.
2. Click on the Graphics tab --- It should say "Self test passed! ... "
3. Click on the Sound tab --- Make sure your Sound Driver is set correctly. If it is blank, the game will not start.

Try playing the game now and let me know what happens.

Oh my god I can not believe it was something as simple as that yeah my sound card was not picked up at all yeah working fine now I really thank you EQ2Alyza sorry for my moaning. :) ;D Also I feel like a right idiot for not checking that  :oops: I thought it would pick it up right off the bat oh well thanks again your good assest to the community.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1801 on: 2012-08-30 00:30:46 »
Very kind words. I am glad to see it working now  :)

iTzTrevor

« Reply #1802 on: 2012-08-31 00:03:51 »
I keep crashing at "Recovering Remix Files" it installs up to there and then just goes back to the bootleg install. It never completes. I tried multiple times. Any help PLEASE? Pitbrat?  :-[

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: 2012-08-31 00:53:20 »
I keep crashing at "Recovering Remix Files" it installs up to there and then just goes back to the bootleg install. It never completes. I tried multiple times. Any help PLEASE? Pitbrat?  :-[

Where have you installed ff7 in a non system folder and ran the bootleg  as admin, also have you got all parts of the remix file in zipped format if so sounds like it could be courrupt the remix file check there integrety with 7 zip or win rar.

salib2

• View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: 2012-08-31 01:36:37 »
Hi ive installed the new ff7 and got the bootleg working but clouds sword is not showing in battle any help would be great and i cannot get it to work on fullscreen a error keeps popping up
« Last Edit: 2012-08-31 01:40:48 by salib2 »

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: 2012-08-31 10:06:28 »
Hi ive installed the new ff7 and got the bootleg working but clouds sword is not showing in battle any help would be great and i cannot get it to work on fullscreen a error keeps popping up

Witch sword mod have you tried to install if it is slayernexts one I dont think that one is compatible with some mods try millenias or one of the other, as for full screen try windowed but at the full resolution of your screen the only thing is you will have your taskbar appear at the bottom.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #1806 on: 2012-08-31 10:18:15 »
in boot loader hit configure. The first option is the resolution of ur screen. Make sure thats right. I know fullscreen doesnt work if that information isnt correct. For the swords you need to give more informatin. What swords and cloud are you using

salib2

• View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: 2012-08-31 10:51:48 »
im using millenia + mikes swords and hi-res cloud and my screen res is at the max and fullscreen is ticked do i need to go to ff7config
Edit: i found out how to do fullscreen
« Last Edit: 2012-08-31 11:14:25 by salib2 »

iTzTrevor

« Reply #1808 on: 2012-08-31 19:47:35 »
Where have you installed ff7 in a non system folder and ran the bootleg  as admin, also have you got all parts of the remix file in zipped format if so sounds like it could be courrupt the remix file check there integrety with 7 zip or win rar.

I install FF7 in the default space. I also have the remix file in one .exe also and it still fails to work. I downloaded remix in different  formats possible.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: 2012-08-31 21:00:43 »
I install FF7 in the default space. I also have the remix file in one .exe also and it still fails to work. I downloaded remix in different  formats possible.

Did you install the game to a system folder, such as Program Files (x86)?

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: 2012-08-31 23:46:52 »

If you did install it to the default there is one of your problems you must not install onto the  default file path witch is c:\programmes\(x86)\squaresoft\final fantasy7\. You could do what I did and just install c:\ finalfantasy7 that is good enought. Also the remix needs to be in zipped or rar format in 13 parts.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-31 23:48:33 by tifalockheart1983 »

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: 2012-09-01 02:11:48 »
Go to your Bootleg.exe, right-click open Properties, and under the Compatibility tab check the box "Run this program as an administrator". Then click Apply and OK.

Hang in there and try not to stress too much. These errors have been posted before and usually come up with solutions. Just keep reporting back here  :)

Afraid it's the same story there. I've decided to give up with bootleg for now, I can't seem to get it to give me anything other than the Access Denied error even with running as admin and non-system folders :/
I have however successfully manually modded the game although not to the exact specifications that I wanted from Bootleg. But Beggars can't be Choosers I suppose!

Here's hoping Bootleg 40 does the trick!

Edit: I mean I can get the game to run without bootleg, and I can get the game to run if I mod it myself, but I can't get it to run with bootleg, so I don't know if there's a compatibility issue with 64 bit systems or if there's a problem with some Mods in there. But I do get the Access Denied error if I try to run bootleg with no changes. I've also made sure all of my folders have full permissions granted - all to no avail :(
« Last Edit: 2012-09-01 02:37:47 by JowHoof »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: 2012-09-01 07:44:35 »
@JowHoof

I'll get back to you over the weekend. I've seen the Accessed Denied thing before, so there may be hope a solution is buried in this thread  :)

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: 2012-09-01 10:18:46 »
Afraid it's the same story there. I've decided to give up with bootleg for now, I can't seem to get it to give me anything other than the Access Denied error even with running as admin and non-system folders :/
I have however successfully manually modded the game although not to the exact specifications that I wanted from Bootleg. But Beggars can't be Choosers I suppose!

Here's hoping Bootleg 40 does the trick!

Edit: I mean I can get the game to run without bootleg, and I can get the game to run if I mod it myself, but I can't get it to run with bootleg, so I don't know if there's a compatibility issue with 64 bit systems or if there's a problem with some Mods in there. But I do get the Access Denied error if I try to run bootleg with no changes. I've also made sure all of my folders have full permissions granted - all to no avail :(

Try this dude go to control panel and then go to user control settings then put to never notify restart your computer. Then put the bootleg and mods to my documents making sure that the 2 main executables are set to run as admin.

Also when installing be sure to turn off your anti virus software. By the way what windows are you using.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-01 10:26:11 by tifalockheart1983 »

Razen

« Reply #1814 on: 2012-09-01 18:42:04 »
Hi,

So i recently bought the final fantasy re-release. Now i wanted to install these mods with bootleg. I installed ff7 to C: programms(x86)/ Square Enix/ Final Fantasy VII. I playced bootleg and all the mods in a seperate folder in my documents. Now after i run Bootleg and select everything i want i run BFE and check everything. Then i select "run Bootleg" and it shows me that i miss the ff7. exe and the installation is aborted. i ran everything as administrator and i also installed ff7 to my external harddrive but i get the same results. Does it have something to do with the re-release? I would really like to install all these mods and see ff 7 somewhat improved. Hopefully somebody can tell me what to do.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: 2012-09-01 20:53:24 »
Hi,

So i recently bought the final fantasy re-release. Now i wanted to install these mods with bootleg. I installed ff7 to C: programms(x86)/ Square Enix/ Final Fantasy VII. I playced bootleg and all the mods in a seperate folder in my documents. Now after i run Bootleg and select everything i want i run BFE and check everything. Then i select "run Bootleg" and it shows me that i miss the ff7. exe and the installation is aborted. i ran everything as administrator and i also installed ff7 to my external harddrive but i get the same results. Does it have something to do with the re-release? I would really like to install all these mods and see ff 7 somewhat improved. Hopefully somebody can tell me what to do.

These mod will not work with the re-release it has to be the 1998 release,they have changed a lot of the files on what these mods were built on , most of the files in the re-release are .dat, .tex, only some of them are lpg files. Also when using bootleg you can not install onto a system folder, it has to be a non system folder like c:\finalfantasy7.

So to start of with to get these mods to work you first need to get the 1998 version of the game first sorry dude.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #1816 on: 2012-09-01 20:54:02 »
@razen to use bootleg on the rerelease you have to use kranmers patch. When using the patch you have to ensure u pick the right directory. When using bfe in one of the last tabs make sure the directory that your game is installed to is correct.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: 2012-09-01 21:04:34 »
Hi,

@razen

What the above 2 posts are trying to tell you is that the 2012 version cannot be modded, BUT it can be converted to the original 1998 version and then modded. All mods here are created to work with the original 1998 version, so that is why the conversion is required. Please read here on how to do this conversion: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13429.msg187231#msg187231

tifalockheart1983 stated that you need to install to a non-system folder, and this is correct. Program Files (x86) is a system folder, so before converting please reinstall the game. My install directory is C:/Games/FF7.

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: 2012-09-01 22:58:40 »
So, I got bootleg working, and everything is working as it stands, up until Aeris/Aerith joins my team. Her entire lower half looks to be shredded. Like, the texture that is supposed to be there is transparent in some places, and opaque in others, and I cannot figure out why, or how to solve it. Help anyone? =)

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: 2012-09-01 23:28:54 »
So, I got bootleg working, and everything is working as it stands, up until Aeris/Aerith joins my team. Her entire lower half looks to be shredded. Like, the texture that is supposed to be there is transparent in some places, and opaque in others, and I cannot figure out why, or how to solve it. Help anyone? =)

Yeah the aries model has some problems working with some other mods EQ2ALYZA should be able to help you more.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: 2012-09-02 01:18:35 »
A little question : I checked the 9999break in before installing bootleg. When I launch the bootloader, I don't check the 'Break limit 9999' case in the plugin tab configuration. Cause I don't know why, it makes the battle
menu broken between his lines.. SO does the limit 9999 broken anyway ?
And secondly, nothin to see but, no possible to keep the translation( fr for me ) by checking 'Aeris revival'. Is there a way for this ?
Thanks a lot
( Sorry for my english )

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: 2012-09-02 11:09:25 »

Try this dude go to control panel and then go to user control settings then put to never notify restart your computer. Then put the bootleg and mods to my documents making sure that the 2 main executables are set to run as admin.

Also when installing be sure to turn off your anti virus software. By the way what windows are you using.

Yeah I've got UAC turned off as well. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit :)

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: 2012-09-02 13:10:50 »
Yeah I've got UAC turned off as well. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit :)

I thinking it could be the windows you are using win 7 pro that one is more for business use than home home use.

Saintyweb

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: 2012-09-02 14:25:39 »
Hello there! :-)
Sorry if i question already solved previusly problem, but i didn't find it)
Well, i installed bootleg0039 with new models/textures/avatars, hardcore patch, FFmusic application, menu overhaul (and else, well, almost everything).
All works just perfect, without crashes and anything, just one annoyng thing. After playing 5-30 minutes (seems random), on the next screen change (or enter a battle), a game may just freeze (gamesounds work fine throu), and won't respond to the controller, then alt+tab kinda unfreeze the game sometimes (givin me a chance to save), but only for the next screen change, when it froze again (and so over). I just playing throu and save, when it freezes, but, how i already said, it's annoying pretty much :-(
Also when game unfreezed by alt+tab - some graphical glitches may occure (like missing head or arm or floor)
Can anyone help me solve this problem, please?
Sorry if i didn't said about anything needed system info, correct me if needed.

Win7 home 64 bit, FF7 1998 (eng full), custom opengl driver enabled, error show "no".

Saintyweb

• View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: 2012-09-02 15:32:23 »
Well, i turned error show to "on" and load my game, make some battles at the wood and get Yuifie, then head to junon, no errors so far, but when i enter junon a first error message oocure ""forgot word" counting zero", but game goes correctly, then i enter first house and srcond error message occure "something about grapfical wrong, i didn't take a screenshot, sorry".
I leave house without freezes, goes to shop, buy some stuff, then head to the beach.
When i atemt to talk with (Priscilla, or whatever), the game froze.
???