Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3028401 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
nah - at moment Option 2 is just some field updates and i overdid it at junon since the CPR thing is a bit too unforgiving of a mistake.

It will take time for me to start work on weapon properly. 

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile

Try running in a Window and see if that works?

[OPENGL]
full_screen = n
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
window_width = 1440
window_height = 1080
preserve_aspect = y

This worked for me actually. Except I left full screen on and preserve_aspect off. I left full screen windows blank and set window to 3840x2160. This loads the game up, visible and doesn't go to the background when I click on screen. It's a strange yet simple fix and I'll take it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hmmm so what's changed?  The full screen mode ignores all the other settings apart from preserve.

KaidenJames

• View Profile
I just flipped where I put my resolution at:

[OPENGL]
full_screen = y
window_x =
window_y =
window_width = 3840
window_height = 2160
preserve_aspect = n

Don't know why this fixed it. Maybe something on my end causing the weirdness.

Edit: Was just playing and the battle music continued playing after battle. No victory theme and then the overworld theme and battle playing at the same time.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-20 21:01:07 by KaidenJames »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
need more info.  need applog and audio.log and save file.

KaidenJames

• View Profile

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Are you sure those logs were taken immediately after the issue?  There's nothing relevant there.  I also need to know EXACTLY when it happens and whether you can replicate.  You have to appreciate without more info it is 100% impossible to diagnose.

JWK

• View Profile

Hello JWK try with number 4,

Thanks, that does it!  In R06, you would still preserve the \Texture\magic\ff7\data\battle\->8 subdirectories path, but moving those subdirectories down into \Texture\magic\ seems to do the trick in R06c. :)  Ironically, I think that may be the one thing I *hadn't* managed to try in my first night of fiddling about (not knowing that I could have tried using the texture trace option to try to save myself a headache, if I could figure it out!).

KaidenJames

• View Profile
Yes those logs are from right after the music issue. I closed my game and haven't played since. After the battle was won, in the first reactor by the save point, the victory theme never started. The battle music kept playing through the victory animations and exp gains. Then both the battle and reactor music were playing. The fight was against two grunts and the machine thing. It's happened once before with the same enemies.

I do appreciate you need as much info as possible. I apologize if I post without giving you everything you need. Again, thank you for the mod and your help.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The battle music kept playing through the victory animations and exp gains.

If you mean the battle scorpion bombing mission music.... that's what the PSX version does.  It's 100% normal.  Please check videos online and if that's the case, please only post when it's an actual confirmed bug.

Although

Then both the battle and reactor music were playing

I can't replicate that at all.   The new audio engine doesn't allow 2 ,musics to play together unless there is a serious bug.  I need to know if you can replicate.  is it possible you had 2 games loaded. 
« Last Edit: 2020-02-21 01:56:30 by DLPB »

KaidenJames

• View Profile
No I haven't fought the scorpion yet. I know the bombing theme keeps playing after that. The fight was against two grunts and a sweeper. I just played for a bit longer and it hasn't happened again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've never seen it before.  im wondering if 2 game instances were in memory.  if it happens again check process list

KaidenJames

• View Profile
I was thinking the same thing. If it happens again I will let you know. For now I will enjoy this great mod of yours. Thanks again for the help.

magitek

• View Profile
I can confirm this music bug. Happened to me 5 - 6 times on a 70h playthrough, and only when I was using the speed change (select+square), never happened on normal speed. But only at R06 for now, didn't happen for R06c (but I haven't played much).

Didn't see anything at the log and couldn't replicate it, even with the same enemies. So I didn't bother posting. Seems random and could happen with any random battle.

However it was the victory theme that repeated and played on top of other musics, nonstop.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-21 03:31:49 by magitek »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'll try to replicate.  i have a feeling this will be tough to spot
« Last Edit: 2020-02-21 07:29:25 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hey DLPB,

Thank you for your hard work with this project. I noticed that on your TODO list is a user interface for the options. This seems like a fairly easy job for a volunteer contribution. I can't make any promises, but I'd be happy to take a wee stab at making something if you'd be interested?

If you are, a couple of questions for you:

• Is the ini file parser you use fixed in its use of # for comments and y/n for booleans, or would it accept ; and true/false respectively?
  • Are there any requirements other than just a UI to allow users to set what's currently in options.ini, such as adjusting other options (Reg keys, etc.), being able to launch the game, etc?
  • Are there any other options you plan to add in the future?

First question - test yourself ;)

Second question - see installation post to-do list.

third question - no but see installation post and help file to-do list.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
anyway we can get the menu overhual mod as a seperate mod.

This has been asked about 100x.   The help file says it's mandatory with Beacause.   I'll add to FAQ if it isnt already there.  The only way is to create your own translation folder and copy across relevant files to it.  As long as new translation option is 'y' then it will work.  This means putting original files into correct custom paths.  Again this will likely require a tutorial before people are comfortable doing that,
« Last Edit: 2020-02-21 10:10:09 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
...Okay, but why is this happening exactly?
This sucks. There's no way I'll be able to force myself to play with the joystick for more than a day, and that's being very generous. I guess I wasted those ten bucks. (Until this gets fixed, of course. Hopefully.)

Joypads should work.   Pop onto Discord at some point and I'll run through it with you.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
Alright, thanks. I'll go there once I have time.

usb

• View Profile
I need help in R06 for update my italian port: how to increase the dimension of box (and space between column) in battle command menu and materia->check menu. for now i've only found how to increase box and spacing in status menu.
I need at least 7 characters space (better 9).
What part of memory should change? i've tried "battle width 0091e7fc" but not working

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
this is being looked at.   im creating a full hext file for modders

usb

• View Profile
this is being looked at.   im creating a full hext file for modders
Great, this will be incredibly helpful

Idubaren

• View Profile
Hello there! I recently downloaded your mod ad I've previously managed to get my hands on an old Enhanced Menu mod through Seventh Heaven and I've seen that it had an option to chose very thin window borders. I was wondering if there is a way to tell The Reunion to use that border instead of the vanilla one? So far I've not found any bugs in all I've played ^^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
covarr created that border for my old menu project.  if you extract it from 7h IRO file, it's v easy to add to reunion

Idubaren

• View Profile
Ok i have unpacked the iro, but from there i don't know what to do since I've tried putting the files in the direct hext and menu folders on the Global folder, but it doesn't seem to be working :/ I'm not good with modding the game manualy realy so I'm a bit lost. I also would like to keep the shiny materia and colored item icons if possible... Sorry if I'm being a bother u.u