Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3028744 times)

luksy

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03d)
« Reply #1900 on: 2015-09-08 22:17:27 »
He tells them to shoot in the heat of the moment but immediately regrets it, it needs a change to something like

"The Ancient's getting away! Shoot, shoot! ... Er wait, don't shoot!"

"Crap we got her. Well that's what you get for resisting".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 2015-09-08 22:30:34 »
Does he say "we got her" or "did we?"  because the scene is tricky.  She falls down to the ground in front of them, while cloud is left above.

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: 2015-09-09 04:03:00 »
"Crap did we kill/hit/get her?" would also work.

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 2015-09-09 04:10:43 »
This may have already been fixed, I'm using an older Reunion since I'm almost done with the game (if it ain't broke don't fix it, y'know?)

I believe Yuffie said this at some point... I think it was during the attack on the Underwater Reactor (or on the way to get the Sub.) Yuffie basically exclaims something, then immediately after says "where". So it's something like "Hey! where... etc."

It's just a capitalization error, hopefully it's easy enough to spot.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 2015-09-09 08:31:25 »
Pretty sure I fixed that already, but will check later.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 2015-09-09 10:57:12 »
Nope... I didn't (it was another).  Well spotted.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2015-09-09 11:10:36 »
Code: [Select]
------------------------------
Leno
“There they are!”
{AERIS}
“{CLOUD}!”
#xy 32 72
{CLOUD}
“Yeah,I see ’em.
  They’re not gonna let us go.”
#xy 184 72
{AERIS}
“So,what are we going to do?”
{CLOUD}
“The only thing we can do.”
{CLOUD}
“Come on!”
{CLOUD}
“It’ll be all right. I’ll catch you.”
#xy 160 80
{AERIS}
“Don’t drop me… okay?”
Leno
“The Ancient’s gettin’ away!
  Fire! Fire! {PAUSE 30}No,wait! Stop!”
Leno
“Oh,crap. Did we kill her?
  Well,that’s what happens
  when you try to resist,yeh.”
« Last Edit: 2015-09-09 11:14:46 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 2015-09-10 16:09:01 »
I'm finally starting my walkthrough. As I go on, the plan is to fix the dialogue box positions and any remaining text issues (like excessive exclamation marks).  I will probably also be working on Goblins' Bar (the FMV update) as I go through the game.  I updated this map last night:

junonr4
Code: [Select]
Junon (Right)
“Aaand… {MEM1}!”
“GO!
  Sneak in casually from the {CYAN}rear{WHITE}.
  Make sure no-one notices.”
“Now,listen up…
  This parade’s being broadcast
  live on Shin-Ra TV around the world.”{NEW}
“If you look bad,the whole Junon army
  will look bad. Keep that in mind while
  you’re out there.”{NEW}
“Okay!
  Jump in line when I give the signal.”{NEW}
“Sneak in casually from the {CYAN}rear{WHITE}.
  Keep in formation.”
“Right…
  Double time!!”
“Hey!
  Get back here!”
“Wipe that silly grin
  off your face!”
“March!”
“What the hell
  are you doing?”
#xywhlt 0 174 103 3 6 9

%
Live TV ratings
“I’ll go first,sir.
  Watch closely,and
  do as I do,rookie!”
“Sneak quickly into the back of
  the line when you see an opening.”
TV Producer
“What the heck was
  that soldier doing?”
Assistant Director
“I have no idea.”
TV Producer
“How are the ratings?”
Assistant Director
“So-so.”
Assistant Director
“They’ve skyrocketed!”
Assistant Director
“Oh,this is terrible!
  Am… am I fired?”
TV Producer
“I see.”{NEW}
“Send that soldier
  something extravagant.”
TV Producer
“We did it!”{NEW}
“Send that soldier
  something special.”
TV Producer
“Whaaaat!?
  You’re FIRED!!”{NEW}
“Send that soldier
  a bomb or something!”
#cy 8
Obtained 6 Ethers
#cy 8
Obtained 5000 gil!
#cy 8
Obtained Grenade!
#cy 8
Obtained 6 Potions!
TV Producer
“Hmm…”{NEW}
“Send that soldier
  a gift or something.”
Assistant Director
“Well,they’re okay,I guess.”

The "Aaand {MEM1}"  is counting the step you enter the line, I think.. or perhaps telling you when to shoulder your rifle.  It's kind of unclear.  It may even be prudent to remove it at a later point - we'll see.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-10 16:18:59 by DLPB »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 2015-09-10 16:25:33 »
Hey Dan? Any news on the situation with the setup changing the Flevel with the script fix?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2015-09-10 16:48:42 »
Hey Dan? Any news on the situation with the setup changing the Flevel with the script fix?

Do you get it also?  Beacause I don't :P

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 2015-09-10 16:51:43 »
I have no clue. xD  All I know is that whenever I run Reunion, I can install other things EXCEPT the script fixes and it'll run fine. But when I run  everything together, or just the fix alone, it messes it up.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 2015-09-10 16:56:00 »
I have no clue. xD  All I know is that whenever I run Reunion, I can install other things EXCEPT the script fixes and it'll run fine. But when I run  everything together, or just the fix alone, it messes it up.

I recall you are using other mods?  There will be some sort of conflict there.  The Reunion was never designed to work with all mods; there's nothing I can do really.

Send me your flevel (the one that crashes) in PM.  Check to see if replacing flevel with original makes the issue go away.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-10 16:57:45 by DLPB »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 2015-09-10 16:57:23 »
Could be a conflict with the script in Kaldarasha's CHAOS mod.  Since one fix applies to the size of the characters in the field.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2015-09-10 16:58:30 »
Could be a conflict with the script in Kaldarasha's CHAOS mod.  Since one fix applies to the size of the characters in the field.

Ah well, there's not much I can do about it.  I'd need to know exactly which fields his alters.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-10 17:59:36 by DLPB »

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 2015-09-10 20:09:45 »
fix the dialogue box positions and any remaining text issues (like excessive exclamation marks)
Thanks, those always bothered me!!!11cos(0) ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-09-10 20:36:07 by Ver Greeneyes »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 2015-09-10 20:13:50 »
I've already toned it down, but a few remain.  Especially in Junon.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 2015-09-10 23:26:24 »
Dialogue box positions, Goblins' Bar and Weapon slowly getting nearer, really good news :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 2015-09-11 00:36:30 »
Also, GreenGoblin:

{CHOICE}{MAX}Potion        1GP{MAX}
{CHOICE}{MAX}Ether        20GP{MAX}
{CHOICE}{MAX}X-Potion     80GP{MAX}
{CHOICE}{MAX}Ether Turbo 100GP{MAX}
{CHOICE}{MAX}Gold Ticket 300GP{MAX}
{CHOICE}{MAX}??????????? 500GP{MAX}
{CHOICE}Never mind

That's how to fix the gold saucer {max} to work with options.  You can replace {choice} with spaces if you want.  I'll update R03d when I finalize it to do same as above.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2015-09-11 17:44:49 »
Ah well, there's not much I can do about it.  I'd need to know exactly which fields his alters.

All fields, but it doesn't matter. If any 7H mod wants to change the patched flevel then it will crash. The only solution is to unpack and repack the flevel.lgp with unlgp. Maybe we should make a small batch patch for those who have the problem. ???

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 2015-09-12 15:59:06 »
Maybe.  I'll experiment around.   When I am not playing MGSV TPP.  xD   

Shasta McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 2015-09-12 17:05:07 »
Hi all, I'm new to this site but I've been following this project on and off for a couple of years.  This is my favorite game of all time and I think it's awesome that you all are putting such time and care into getting it just right.  I see other fans of the project weighing on things here and there and I was hoping to do the same.  If I misread that and this forum isn't for just anyone to put in their two cents feel free to let me know and I'll leave.

Anywho, in the new translation itself, I was wondering if Midgar shouldn't actually be rendered as Midgard.  In the katanana, the "do" syllable is definitely left off at the end (ミッドガル middogaru), but it's also left off in Midgardsormr (ミドガルズオルム midogaruzuorumu).  However, the katakana rendering for Midgardsormr is off course missing that extra lowercase "tsu" character that Midgar's katakana possesses, which may imply that they are meant to be different words and therefore rendered differently anyway (Midgar & Midgardsormr instead of Midgard & Midgardsormr).

I'm just worried "Midgar" could be a carryover from FFVII's original bad translation in the same vein as "Mideel."  The Japanese also seem to have a tendency to fudge katakana when pronunciation would be particularly difficult (in the original Japanese version of the show Trigun, the currency "double dollars" is rendered as "dabudoru" if I'm not mistaken, instead of something more accurate yet lengthy like "daburu doraru," so an over-reliance on matching the katakana pronunciation isn't always the best way to go, IMHO).  It wouldn't surprise me if they leave off "do" and "to" endings from certain locations, weapons, etc. in the game for the sake of easier pronunciation and flow. 

Furthermore, unfortunately even Japanese official sources for things like this can also be wrong sometimes, since the people who create them don't always seem to "get" European languages or names (in another Square game, SaGa Frontier, the character Virgil's name is rendered as Vadjoueal in official sources, which is a ridiculous non-word: https://tcrf.net/File:SGF-Art-Virgil.png

Anyway, rock on!  Can't wait for the new Steam mod to come out.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-12 17:49:36 by Shasta McNasty »

Shasta McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 2015-09-12 17:52:29 »
Wow, P.S., did you guys insert a Macro into this forum to change all instances of someone typing "offcourse" to read "off course?"  Sneaky sneaky. :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 2015-09-12 18:32:27 »
  If I misread that and this forum isn't for just anyone to put in their two cents feel free to let me know and I'll leave.

We welcome improvements and discussion, although at this point we need a Japanese proof reader of the dialogue, because items and terms are finalized (those not in green or red status - see HERE).  However, that said, I will answer your questions :)

Anywho, in the new translation itself, I was wondering if Midgar shouldn't actually be rendered as Midgard.  In the katanana, the "do" syllable is definitely left off at the end (ミッドガル middogaru), but it's also left off in Midgardsormr (ミドガルズオルム midogaruzuorumu).  However, the katakana rendering for Midgardsormr is off course missing that extra lowercase "tsu" character that Midgar's katakana possesses, which may imply that they are meant to be different words and therefore rendered differently anyway (Midgar & Midgardsormr instead of Midgard & Midgardsormr).

It's more likely that Midgar is intended.  They also swapped out the 'f' in Niflheim, so they definitely liked mixing it up.  The biggest single evidence I have for believing that Midgar does not have the 'd' is the fact that Midgard and Midgardsormr have established kana outside of FF7 (as you have noted).  See wiki.  The wiki for Midgard and Midgardsormr also misses the "d" from Midgardsormr, but not from "Midgard".  I think it's a case of the Japanese actually following the correct established kana spellings of the mythology.  Even with better evidence to the contrary, I couldn't change it without iron-clad proof - probably something from the original team in this case.

I'm just worried "Midgar" could be a carryover from FFVII's original bad translation in the same vein as "Mideel." 

The Japanese for "Midhir" is fine,  as far as I remember.  The kana is correct.  It ended up Mideel because of lack of communication with Baskett.

« Last Edit: 2015-09-12 18:37:16 by DLPB »

Shasta McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 2015-09-12 19:23:48 »
Man, you really know your stuff!  I can tell this translation is in good hands.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that the katakana for Midhir was off, just that I was worried "Midgar" was a mistranslation that was being carried over in the same way that "Mideel" is a mistranslation that would've likely been carried over had someone not figured out that Midhir was the original intention.  But after reading your rationale I agree that Midgar seems more likely.  I'm actually glad for this one, aesthetically I like the name Midgar better anyway.  :)

See wiki.  The wiki for Midgard and Midgardsormr also misses the "d" from Midgardsormr, but not from "Midgard".

Just out of curiosity, what wiki are you referring to in particular?  Maybe the next time I feel a desire to pipe up I should check that first.

Of the stuff in green and red on that google doc, the only thing I noticed that seemed to me like maybe it could be altered is "Kyappa Wire."  I thought "crackle wire" would make more sense rather than transliterating the Japanese onomatopoeia (or even "crackling wire" if you wanted to make it more literal), or that maybe it was actually intended to be "copper wire."  I don't know how the Japanese render the English word "copper" in katakana though, so I could be way off there.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, do you all have a ballpark idea of when the next Steam translation mod (R04?) will be coming out?  I remember you mentioned it would take a little longer to put out than the R03d release did, so I was just curious.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: 2015-09-12 19:45:26 »

On Kyappa Wire... you're right.  It does need to be a sound.  Crackle Wire sounds pretty good.  Spark Wire would also work.  Given this is a monster, it may be better to use "Spark Wire" or maybe just "Spark".  It does a lot of electric / spark attacks too. I am not sure why they bothered with the "wire" (in the attacks also), but that might also need to be kept.  I'll amend :)  Thanks for that.

We discussed "copper" but it's v unlikely, and it wouldn't even make sense.

On R04... it's not long off.  I am fixing things up (especially dodgy windows and text that needs centring).

edit. I think the reason it has "Wire" is simply the connotation with electric.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Capparwire_%28Final_Fantasy_VII%29
« Last Edit: 2015-09-12 19:58:51 by DLPB »