Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 532317 times)

pete

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #650 on: 2015-09-04 17:51:46 »
hi all i need help

the converter and 7th heaven worked on win 7 but im now on win 10

the converter says source files arnt compatible so  i used converter 0.9b that seemed to work

now 7th heaven wont start

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 49
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

any help please?

anyone....please???

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel

pete

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2015-09-04 18:42:57 »
thank you that seemed to fix the 7th heaven

but im still having probs with the converter...will ver 10 be ok or is there something superior to 7h?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2015-09-04 18:47:08 »
The 7H Converter will install all the necessary files and folders for use with 7H. If it says your source files aren't compatible, then you need to buy a legit copy of the game.

pete

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2015-09-04 18:55:00 »
its downloaded from steam....dont think i can get more legit....

Frozen_scv

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2015-09-09 01:13:46 »
As far as I understand I have all of the mods installed properly, but the main error I keep getting lately is "Error: couldn't play sound buffer" which seems to disable all sound that I've noticed.

The only other error I seem to come by is when I run the game converter, after it understands the drive letter I get, "The syntax of the command is incorrect" After which it seems to run as normal.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2015-09-09 01:44:23 »
its downloaded from steam....dont think i can get more legit....

Start the game once, let the launcher update to it's latest version of the game. Run the game, exit, mount your blank ISO to any drive like D: or F:.  Run the converter on Admin and it should work. Unless you pirated the game. In which, SHAME!.    SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!   To get more legit, screen shot your steam copy and post it to show proof.

azmyth

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2015-09-12 07:52:05 »
I just discovered this and wanted to try giving it a go. I got all the way to the part where I check my subscriptions and it literally does nothing. What am I doing wrong? Is the subscriptions link dead?

azmyth

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2015-09-12 08:54:03 »
I got it to work, but wondered.. is this all the mods I can use/need or are there more somewhere?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2015-09-12 14:25:19 »
Version 2.0 of the Catalog will be releasing soonish (don't ask when), and will feature some new mods. Once you download them, you have to Activate them and then click the Configure button to see all its options to choose from. The Catalog just displays the categories of mods, so you're not going to see them from there. I haven't counted them exact, but once Version 2.0 is out, I'd say there will be over 100 mod options to select.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2015-09-12 16:00:16 »
Version 2.0 of the Catalog will be releasing soonish (don't ask when), and will feature some new mods. Once you download them, you have to Activate them and then click the Configure button to see all its options to choose from. The Catalog just displays the categories of mods, so you're not going to see them from there. I haven't counted them exact, but once Version 2.0 is out, I'd say there will be over 100 mod options to select.

Well then!  Means a whole new world of opportunities for us. xD  You're doing an amazing job and we love you. <3

azmyth

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2015-09-12 20:13:59 »
That's really cool. I guess my question was, the mods that are listed in my catalog.. are those IT for right now or are there other ones that I can install on top of those and if so where/how?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2015-09-12 22:44:53 »

Might be a tinsey bit over the top but this was my reaction while reading your post. ^-^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2015-09-13 05:19:17 »
That's really cool. I guess my question was, the mods that are listed in my catalog.. are those IT for right now or are there other ones that I can install on top of those and if so where/how?

That's it for right now with .iro formatted mods that work with 7H. In fact, all the mods in the Catalog were converted to .iro format by me, so you won't really find any floating around the forums for 7H until we get everyone converted over to it first for individual use.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2015-09-13 11:36:37 »
Right now

That's great to hear. :)

One suggestion for the 2.0 release: Right now the Team Avalanche "Sweeper" model is only replacing the ones outside of Midgar, which are separate models from the ones appearing at the beginning of the game. I could fix this by renaming the "cv" files from the Team Avalanche Sweeper model to "av" files, as the "custom Sweepers" that appear outside of Midgar are really just a color variations of the normal Sweepers (as seen here). There's also the "Death Machine" variation (je) which should use Team Avalanche Model as well.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-13 11:39:22 by Fischkopf »

azmyth

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2015-09-14 03:56:48 »
I have everything installed and configured, but when I launch game from 7th Heaven it just gives me a black screen until I press enter.. and then i get the "new game/continue" options. I choose new game and it just goes to another black screen and then nothing happens. I remember having to install extra stuff to get the game itself to play on Windows 8 but I can't remember what I did or if I need to do that now. Can you advise?

puff

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2015-09-16 23:24:55 »
Hi, is there a list of mods to use to get an the game working on modern systems with W10x64 with as many bugs and graphical glitches fixed as possible? Thx!

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2015-09-17 00:54:38 »
Hi, is there a list of mods to use to get an the game working on modern systems with W10x64 with as many bugs and graphical glitches fixed as possible? Thx!

Might want to try Tom's Installer Remake: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16328.0

puff

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2015-09-17 04:39:35 »
Might want to try Tom's Installer Remake: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16328.0
Cool, I'll use Tom's Installer Remake, however are there other bug fix or glitch fix mods to use on W10 x64? Thx.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2015-09-17 04:50:57 »
What kind of fixes are looking for specifically?

puff

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2015-09-17 05:00:20 »
What kind of fixes are looking for specifically?
Hi, bug fixes or graphic fixes. It seems like there are so many and as you may have guessed, I'm a newb and don't know which ones to install.

Does Tom's Installer Remake install all essential fixes/mods for a good gameplay experience on a modern W10 x64 system? Thx!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2015-09-18 05:33:30 »
Hi, bug fixes or graphic fixes. It seems like there are so many and as you may have guessed, I'm a newb and don't know which ones to install.

Does Tom's Installer Remake install all essential fixes/mods for a good gameplay experience on a modern W10 x64 system? Thx!

So you're not sure what bug or graphic fixes you're referring to? The game converter in STEP 1 includes the 1.02 patch and Aali's Driver 0.8.11b, which are the most important pieces to getting the original PC version to work and work alongside the mods on this forum. Aside from that, I'm not getting what bugs or graphical glitches you're thinking are there. If you could be more specific, that may help me answer better.

Tom's Installer is just a non-InstallShield installer for Windows 10 users. Apparently the old InstallShield installer that comes with the original discs will not launch on Windows 10, thus Tom's Installer is your solution. There are a few other features added to it, which can be read in its post. It's not a mod installer.

For those having issues downloading any Textures, Music and Sound, and Movies from the Catalog...

I think I know what's up. Hang tight and I'll have it working again in the 2.0 Catalog release. Wish I had more time during the week to speed this up! :-\

Blazerunner1988

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2015-09-18 12:41:27 »
Hey really enjoying 7th heaven, thanks for all the hard work. I was wondering can you use the wall market editor with the 7th heaven tool? I tried editing the kernel that wall market automatically points to but to no avail. It would be great if it could be possible  ;D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2015-09-18 14:19:07 »
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Wall Market will automatically recognize the kernels in your game directory, so any edits you do with it will change them. If you enable a mod in 7H that happens to have a kernel file, then that will be memory injected when the game starts and overwrite the game directory kernel. Remember though that 7H doesn't make any permanent changes to your game files, and trying to use Wall Market on kernels inside 7H mods won't work. If you want to edit the kernels from a 7H mod, then you have to use the Pack/Unpack feature in 7H and unpack the mod IRO to get the kernel files. Then you use Wall Market to edit them, and pack the mod back into its IRO form.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2015-09-18 17:38:16 »
For those having issues starting the game after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.x...

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and the game would not initially launch. The APP.log will look like this if so:

Code: [Select]
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 965M/PCIe/SSE2 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.62
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 2880x1620, output resolution 2160x1620, internal resolution 3840x2160
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00000000] INFO: VGMStream music plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
[00000000] LOCK UNLOCK TEST
[00000001] MATRIX INITIALIZE
[00000001] INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
[00000001] initializing sound...

To fix this, rerun the 7H Game Converter from STEP 1 and press "O" to Overwrite when asked. This will set the registry keys correctly from FF7Config.