Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837367 times)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8400 on: 2019-08-13 13:44:31 »
As for Bahamut Zero, I did get it from the Huge Materia and now have 2, I just didn't realise that getting two was possible in the Vanilla game :)
It probably wasn't intentional, but it isn't as if it's a bug-free game (::cough:: w-item ::cough:: )

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: 2019-08-13 23:02:50 »
Bugger- I must have loaded up a old save in the Highwind then...  oh well, thanks for that!

As for Bahamut Zero, I did get it from the Huge Materia and now have 2, I just didn't realise that getting two was possible in the Vanilla game :)

Thanks

Ah you see it's on special this month; 2 for 1.

cc12138030

• View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: 2019-08-14 06:21:07 »
Don't know if this is related to this mod or another I have enabled, but I ran into a soft-lock with Added Effect + Hades. All the debuffs triggered (sleep, poison, frog, etc.), and then the combat soft-locked. Full ATB but won't take actions, mob not taking damage from poison, and can't escape.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: 2019-08-14 08:12:29 »
That's something to do with the Frog status and one of the other mods, I forget which one.

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: 2019-08-14 10:40:24 »
Hey Sega Chief, me and my boys are loving your mod thus far. All 3 of us are playing it using a program called Parsec which allows multiple users to connect to a single PC and with enough troubleshooting, you can have everyone be player 1. That way we just rotate each character in combat and rotate map duties when people get bored...Or force certain savants in our group to always do the mini games.

We've been enjoying the mod quite a bit, we play once or twice a week. There was one question we had and wanted to know if you could help us out in figuring out how to enable it.

Our core party has been Cloud Aerith/Yuffie & Tifa. What we wanted to know is if it's possible to mod Tifa's LB to no longer have Miss and only have Hit/Yeah. We've had quite a few instances of getting demolished because of patient Tifa LB play to not get misses and it's uh...Unfortunate to say the least.

If there isn't a way to do it, no biggie, just figured I'd ask.

Again, appreciate your efforts on this mod, it really does give this super easy game a much needed facelift.

trustedgundam13

• View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: 2019-08-14 11:49:11 »
I think if you mash the confirm button while entering or exiting a ladder, there's a chance to get stuck on the thing due to a flaw in the scripts handling them (same with the glass elevator entrances in SHinra HQ, when exiting/entering mashing confirm can get you stuck). It's a problem with the base game, it's definitely fixable but there are a LOT of ladders: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/63132464

Yeah unfortunately I am still running into the problem even if I don't press any buttons or switch to keyboard, it just keeps making me run along a part of the pipe. Also one thing to note that I am not sure is a glitch or related to Dark Cave's story is that their is a timer countdown that's stuck at 00:00 as soon as I enter the No.1 Reactor? area. Now I have used the black chocobo editor to get me past a few glitches before, like the PHS save anywhere ones. Of course it doesn't show this location in the editor due to it being a mod, but is there a way to use that to spawn me at the save point right below where I am getting stuck somehow? Maybe like editing the mod files or editor files?

Don't know if this is related to this mod or another I have enabled, but I ran into a soft-lock with Added Effect + Hades. All the debuffs triggered (sleep, poison, frog, etc.), and then the combat soft-locked. Full ATB but won't take actions, mob not taking damage from poison, and can't escape.

Oh I was actually watching a twitch streamer run into that exact same problem. One of his viewers told him it was the 60 FPS battles with the animations mod.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-14 11:54:22 by trustedgundam13 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: 2019-08-14 15:16:41 »
Hey Sega Chief, me and my boys are loving your mod thus far. All 3 of us are playing it using a program called Parsec which allows multiple users to connect to a single PC and with enough troubleshooting, you can have everyone be player 1. That way we just rotate each character in combat and rotate map duties when people get bored...Or force certain savants in our group to always do the mini games.

We've been enjoying the mod quite a bit, we play once or twice a week. There was one question we had and wanted to know if you could help us out in figuring out how to enable it.

Our core party has been Cloud Aerith/Yuffie & Tifa. What we wanted to know is if it's possible to mod Tifa's LB to no longer have Miss and only have Hit/Yeah. We've had quite a few instances of getting demolished because of patient Tifa LB play to not get misses and it's uh...Unfortunate to say the least.

If there isn't a way to do it, no biggie, just figured I'd ask.

Again, appreciate your efforts on this mod, it really does give this super easy game a much needed facelift.

Yeah it's possible to do, there was an .EXE that had it enabled but unsure if it's still in the files (or if it's up to date). I'll throw one together when I get back from work and send it over. Will also post the hex for it if anyone else reading this wants to apply to an .exe for other project/set-up.

Yeah unfortunately I am still running into the problem even if I don't press any buttons or switch to keyboard, it just keeps making me run along a part of the pipe. Also one thing to note that I am not sure is a glitch or related to Dark Cave's story is that their is a timer countdown that's stuck at 00:00 as soon as I enter the No.1 Reactor? area. Now I have used the black chocobo editor to get me past a few glitches before, like the PHS save anywhere ones. Of course it doesn't show this location in the editor due to it being a mod, but is there a way to use that to spawn me at the save point right below where I am getting stuck somehow? Maybe like editing the mod files or editor files?

Oh I was actually watching a twitch streamer run into that exact same problem. One of his viewers told him it was the 60 FPS battles with the animations mod.

The location is identical to the Reactor 1 screens, so send yourself there in the black chocobo editor. The pipe being a consistent problem with 60fps (assuming that's fields and not the battles? Wasn't aware there was a 60fps field animation mod) isn't something I've heard mentioned before but will keep it in mind. If it's battles 60fps then that shouldn't be affecting the field module as far as I know but if it also patches field animations then maybe it's that.

Ariesauras

• View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: 2019-08-14 21:55:38 »
Does anyone know if this can be ported to a psp/ps vita??

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: 2019-08-15 00:02:49 »
Does anyone know if this can be ported to a psp/ps vita??

I don't believe you can apply this mod to the PSP/Vita as this version of the mod is for the PC/Steam version. The PSP/Vita version is a port of the original PSX version of the game, which this mod is not compatible with to my knowledge.

I have seen people port this onto the Switch however, if you want to use a handheld device still. That's because the Switch version is a port of the PC/Steam version of the game from what I understand.

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: 2019-08-16 20:17:06 »
Ah damn, so it's a vanilla scene.bin but with a modified kernel? I'll sort that when I get back this evening.

That's both the vanilla IRO and installer patched up with default scene + kernel.

I've been playing through with the vanilla patch and noticed that numbers seemed off, Materia is still giving the modded stat buffs/debuffs. There's also a battle with Rude and Elena at Mythril Mine that puts me against 3 monsters. I can run from it so that's not a huge deal but there might be other unintended fights still in this version. Sorry to keep bugging you with the vanilla version but let me know if these bugs are fixable

sagelukahn

• View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: 2019-08-17 05:45:56 »
Edit= Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii can't read today. Nevermind, I think I have it sorted.

I can't seem to get this mod to work at all. It seems to change things partially, but combat changes don't take effect (Barret doesn't get a stacking defense buff, Guard Scorpion is no different but looks different). I was watching Maximillian Dood play this using an IRO version from June, but I can't seem to find that version, just the version from August. Any help would be appreciated, the mod looked awesome when he was playing it.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-17 05:48:58 by sagelukahn »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: 2019-08-17 14:09:57 »
I've been playing through with the vanilla patch and noticed that numbers seemed off, Materia is still giving the modded stat buffs/debuffs. There's also a battle with Rude and Elena at Mythril Mine that puts me against 3 monsters. I can run from it so that's not a huge deal but there might be other unintended fights still in this version. Sorry to keep bugging you with the vanilla version but let me know if these bugs are fixable

It might be interference from an older installation, but will check.

Edit= Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii can't read today. Nevermind, I think I have it sorted.

I can't seem to get this mod to work at all. It seems to change things partially, but combat changes don't take effect (Barret doesn't get a stacking defense buff, Guard Scorpion is no different but looks different). I was watching Maximillian Dood play this using an IRO version from June, but I can't seem to find that version, just the version from August. Any help would be appreciated, the mod looked awesome when he was playing it.

It's probably the 7H install that's wonky. Kernel is usually unpatched in instances like that (which would explain why the innates aren't popping up) and I guess scene.bin in this case has also not been patched. Model files are separate and sound like they're getting done properly.

Unfortunately, with 7th heaven the only real fix is scorched earth approach. An uninstall/file delete and then full reinstallation. Alternatively, you could try the stand-alone installer for FF7 NT and patch the ff7 files with it and then try running 7h on the top of it for model mods but it might get unstable if you patch anything else on top of it like, say, menu overhaul.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: 2019-08-17 16:48:32 »
Quick question,

Cid just learned his 3.1 limit break without learning 2.2.

Upon closer inspection I noticed he's actually missing his 2.1 LB Hyper Jump. So he's got: Boost jump, Dynamite, Dragon and now Dragon Dive.

Did you switch up Cid's limit breaks Hyper jump and Dragon? Or what's going on`?

Looked around the web a bit, and this seems to be semi common, but usually missing the x.2 limits, instead of x.1

Anybody else can confirm what order Cid's level 2 limit breaks are?

Jeeez I didn't sign up for this!
« Last Edit: 2019-08-17 18:05:14 by Maziac »

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: 2019-08-17 18:12:37 »
It might be interference from an older installation, but will check.

Thanks. Using a fresh ff7_en.exe fixes the Materia attributes for me. The turks battle in the mythril cave seems to be from the flevel. Elena's script would restore HP and start that battle. I deleted those lines from the flevel and everything seems to be working as intended.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: 2019-08-17 22:03:12 »
Quick question,

Upon closer inspection I noticed he's actually missing his 2.1 LB Hyper Jump. So he's got: Boost jump, Dynamite, Dragon and now Dragon Dive.

Did you switch up Cid's limit breaks Hyper jump and Dragon? Or what's going on`?

Looked around the web a bit, and this seems to be semi common, but usually missing the x.2 limits, instead of x.1

Cid's lvl 2 limits are indeed switched. But the other things are vanilla and intended. You need a certain amount of kills to get to the next level and you need to use the first limit of each level a certain number of times to get the 2nd.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #8415 on: 2019-08-17 22:07:34 »
Cid's lvl 2 limits are indeed switched.

Thanks very much! I guess that makes sense as Hyper Jump is much more powerful. Now I know my next game plan. Too bad my Cid is tanky as "#¤% so farming limit uses is hard. Cover spam and lower Def Eq. should do it!
« Last Edit: 2019-08-17 22:18:33 by Maziac »

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: 2019-08-18 10:57:48 »
Thanks very much! I guess that makes sense as Hyper Jump is much more powerful. Now I know my next game plan. Too bad my Cid is tanky as "#¤% so farming limit uses is hard. Cover spam and lower Def Eq. should do it!

I've always manipulated an enemy (cactuar in vanilla) and inflicted mini on the character that I'm farming uses for. As long as you have fury and mini on and have just over 1000HP it shouldn't take too long to farm uses since you won't be killing enemies with the LBs.

For lv.3 limits it works best to use Fury Brand though imo.

frampton1337

• View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: 2019-08-18 18:58:20 »
I'm having an issue where I go into the Dark Cave for the first time and the game doesn't load all of the dialogue for Barret and Cloud. They talk for a few boxes and then cloud turns and doesn't say anything. Anyone have this issue before? I watched someones play through so I know there is supposed to be more said before they go forward.

cc12138030

• View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: 2019-08-18 20:49:34 »
I have a suggestion for the next update. I think the Comet materia should have the Gravity element. Not the spells themselves, they should remain non-elemental, but it makes sense to me for the materia to be the Gravity element (i.e. Gravity pulling comets from the skies to hit people). Plus it would give another end-game Gravity element material to pair with elemental besides Time. Don't know if this is easy to implement or if it would be broken with something else I'm not thinking of.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: 2019-08-19 11:21:36 »
Quick question,

You can learn the 2.1 and 3.1 without first learning the 1-2 or 2-2 respectively. The Lv.4 Limit needs all of them to be learned however before the item can be used to teach it.

Cid's Hyper Jump and Dragon limits were swapped due to a graphics driver issue with the Steam version; Hyper Jump can crash on that version so I felt it would be a good idea to make that the 2-2 instead of the 2-1. The issue is fixed on latest 1998/7th H versions which use the new graphics driver.

Thanks. Using a fresh ff7_en.exe fixes the Materia attributes for me. The turks battle in the mythril cave seems to be from the flevel. Elena's script would restore HP and start that battle. I deleted those lines from the flevel and everything seems to be working as intended.

I missed that one, thanks for letting me know.

I'm having an issue where I go into the Dark Cave for the first time and the game doesn't load all of the dialogue for Barret and Cloud. They talk for a few boxes and then cloud turns and doesn't say anything. Anyone have this issue before? I watched someones play through so I know there is supposed to be more said before they go forward.

This issue seems to affect users with other certain mods on (unknown which one). Try running NT by itself until you reach the first save point in that reactor, then reactivate your other mods.

I have a suggestion for the next update. I think the Comet materia should have the Gravity element. Not the spells themselves, they should remain non-elemental, but it makes sense to me for the materia to be the Gravity element (i.e. Gravity pulling comets from the skies to hit people). Plus it would give another end-game Gravity element material to pair with elemental besides Time. Don't know if this is easy to implement or if it would be broken with something else I'm not thinking of.

Will do.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: 2019-08-19 15:17:27 »
Yeah it's possible to do, there was an .EXE that had it enabled but unsure if it's still in the files (or if it's up to date). I'll throw one together when I get back from work and send it over. Will also post the hex for it if anyone else reading this wants to apply to an .exe for other project/set-up.

I completely forgot about this, will need to do this tonight.

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: 2019-08-19 15:53:09 »
I completely forgot about this, will need to do this tonight.

Don't worry about it, I'm in no rush! I'm very curious how you go about editing the file to produce this result.

I did have a secondary question about Vincent...I doubt it's possible, but figured I'd ask and see:

-) When you limit on Vincent, is there a possibility to actually control his actions at all? Would that require entirely recoding his AI?

-) If controlling him isn't an option, would it be possible to maybe revert him to his normal form after let's say 3-5 rounds of combat?

-) If none of these options work, could his LB forms deal at least 1 form of medium to high non elemental damage to give some incentive to losing control of him in battle?

The reason I ask is mainly because of all the characters in VII, he's the wildcard (outside of Cait Sith's slots haha) that can get you killed in certain fights if you LB at the wrong time due to not being able to revive someone, provide AoE healing, ect. Or worse yet, you LB in a form like Galian beast that deals fire damage, but the boss absorbs fire damage, thus hamstringing your fight.

I like that he's a beefy caster, and you can essentially never LB and only cast spells/use command materia, but that makes his LB's kinda pointless in most fights.

Thanks!

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: 2019-08-19 16:02:44 »
Hello again! A question that I didn't find an answer... When you check the characters sp, there is a ???? at bottom. Is it something? I didn't find information about it.

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: 2019-08-19 16:10:42 »
Hello again! A question that I didn't find an answer... When you check the characters sp, there is a ???? at bottom. Is it something? I didn't find information about it.

It's an oversight left over from Sega Chief. Not a secret character, it's not Sephiroth joining the party, just something left over from when he was testing out.

He mentioned it a couple times in the thread  :)

synkaito

• View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: 2019-08-19 16:14:12 »
Kaktuar didn't drop 7777 needles for me, only cactuar gun....where can i get it?