Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4887409 times)

coredumperror

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9100 on: 2020-03-24 08:58:41 »
Is the Micro Engine for Tifa's ultimate weapon still supposed to drop from the Item shop fight in Wall Market? I saw it mentioned in a really old comment on this thread, bit I ask because it didn't drop for me, and now I have no idea how to get Tifa's Premium Heart.

Also not sure where to find Spring-Gun Clip to make Red XIII's Limited Moon. Or the LuvLuv G for Cid's Venus Gospel.

Making their Ultimates is the last thing I need to do, besides Extra Battle Platinum and Dio's sidequest. Plus Special Battle, I guess. But I haven't a clue how to find Cloud's ultimate limit to unlock that, either.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: 2020-03-24 13:13:33 »
Is the Micro Engine for Tifa's ultimate weapon still supposed to drop from the Item shop fight in Wall Market? I saw it mentioned in a really old comment on this thread, bit I ask because it didn't drop for me, and now I have no idea how to get Tifa's Premium Heart.

Also not sure where to find Spring-Gun Clip to make Red XIII's Limited Moon. Or the LuvLuv G for Cid's Venus Gospel.

Making their Ultimates is the last thing I need to do, besides Extra Battle Platinum and Dio's sidequest. Plus Special Battle, I guess. But I haven't a clue how to find Cloud's ultimate limit to unlock that, either.
[/quote

I think all the stuff you mentioned there comes from Dio's sidequest. The Spring Gun Clip should be held by King Behemoth in the North Crater, as a Steal (have Sneak Glove equipped). For Special Battle I don't think you need Cloud's Lv.4 Limit to unlock it anymore, just being on Disc 3 should do it. For Cloud's Limit, try Shinra Mansion.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: 2020-03-24 14:07:54 »
Hey everyone,

I've got a question. If someone has NT 1.5 installed through the installer, with no other mods installed (not even 7th Heaven), is it possible to download a save that is set at a specific point and carry on the game from there? Either that or some way that lets a player hack their own save to change something that has happeend (such as the choice of Aerith living or dying).

Thanks!

P.S. Is it true that on the highwind, you can switch on the fly Aerith's state of life? If yes, does turning her "off" to be dead revert back all the dialogue changes to reflect the fact that she is dead, just like in the original?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-24 14:13:01 by AuthenticM »

Flopinou

• View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: 2020-03-24 16:39:25 »
Hi there !
Still on my run on 1.5 (which is great), but I have noticed some bugs :

- When I enter the dark cave, there's a dialogue with Cloud and Barret in Midgar, and then nothing, the game is stuck -> SOLUTION IF IT'S HAPPEN ALSO TO YOU : Disable all others mods you installed, it'll unlock.

- The Documentation says that the kaktuar boss in the materia cave give the 7777 Needles that Yuffie needs in order to craft her ultimare weapon, but i didn't received it..

- (This one is a detail) : On disc 2, when Tifa is out watching for Cloud, If you enter in Junon you can see her speaking with aeris (Little weird IMO).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: 2020-03-24 17:39:32 »
Hey everyone,

I've got a question. If someone has NT 1.5 installed through the installer, with no other mods installed (not even 7th Heaven), is it possible to download a save that is set at a specific point and carry on the game from there? Either that or some way that lets a player hack their own save to change something that has happeend (such as the choice of Aerith living or dying).

Thanks!

P.S. Is it true that on the highwind, you can switch on the fly Aerith's state of life? If yes, does turning her "off" to be dead revert back all the dialogue changes to reflect the fact that she is dead, just like in the original?

You can generally load save files regardless of what mods were enabled, just try and avoid loading saves from two different gameplay-type mods (for instance, loading a save made on Hardcore mod into NT will probably have some variables messed up). But graphical mods won't affect it, and you can transfer a NT save file made on 7H to non-7H without issues as well.

There is a debug switch on the Highwind for that. He's the one moving around by the entrance to the Highwind's chocobo pen.

Hi there !

- When I enter the dark cave, there's a dialogue with Cloud and Barret in Midgar, and then nothing, the game is stuck -> SOLUTION IF IT'S HAPPEN ALSO TO YOU : Disable all others mods you installed, it'll unlock.

- The Documentation says that the kaktuar boss in the materia cave give the 7777 Needles that Yuffie needs in order to craft her ultimare weapon, but i didn't received it..

- (This one is a detail) : On disc 2, when Tifa is out watching for Cloud, If you enter in Junon you can see her speaking with aeris (Little weird IMO).

7777 Needles is a key item, check for it in that section.

Flopinou

• View Profile
« Reply #9105 on: 2020-03-24 18:29:54 »
7777 Needles is a key item, check for it in that section.

I also checked it, and it isn't there. And also just to be sure, i talk with the "weapon craftman", wich says to me that i miss material in order to craft it (I checked and got the two other weapons)

But I got a "Unused" objet in the key item section, with a ":o" as a description. Is it okay ? Or might it explain the bug ?

Flopinou

• View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: 2020-03-24 18:43:48 »
Another issue here :

Entering the Dark cave, all the materia that my character had been removed (normal), but I had too many in order to put it in the list, and the excedent just vanished (magic plus, w-invocation etc..) I have a backup save so it isn't a problem for me, but it can be gamebreaking in case of bad preparation :s

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: 2020-03-24 19:20:32 »
Hi there !

Someone mentioned this earlier, but it's caused by the Field Animation mod (Bloodshot + Kaldera). Simply disable it and it should work fine.

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: 2020-03-24 21:19:36 »
@Sega Chief:

I finally got some time to continue playing the game, and I just reached Kalm. Cloud is supposed to talk about the Nibelheim incident, and normally it should ask you if you want to skip the flashback or not (It always worked before), but this time the dialog didn't pop up. Is this also one of the buggy moments that only occurs during the Kalm stuff if you have the Enhanced Stock Menu Overhaul option enabled by any chance? (Along with the already known issue inside the flashback itself)

[Edit]
Oh wow. Nevermind. I see what happened. I installed ESUI Controller Addon which adds controller icons instead of using the 'text' in dialogs, this apparently disabled the entire New Threat mod. Did not expect that. Hopefully didn't mess up my Save file because of that.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-24 21:41:07 by Ryudo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: 2020-03-24 23:46:54 »
I also checked it, and it isn't there. And also just to be sure, i talk with the "weapon craftman", wich says to me that i miss material in order to craft it (I checked and got the two other weapons)

But I got a "Unused" object in the key item section, with a ":o" as a description. Is it okay ? Or might it explain the bug ?

This is unusual, I checked the field script and the Bit set for the Key Item in the Purple Cave is consistent with the one checked for by the weapon crafter ([1][68] Bit 5 in this case). But you've ended up with a key item that's on a different memory address  ([1][65] Bit 6 for that Unused Key Item). It's also problematic as Key Items are trickier to add than regular items. I'll look into this, as I'm planning on putting out a maintenance patch for 1.5 tomorrow to address bugs.

I would recommend adding the Conformer manually using a save editor for the time being, just mind to back up your save files before doing so.

Another issue here :

Entering the Dark cave, all the materia that my character had been removed (normal), but I had too many in order to put it in the list, and the excedent just vanished (magic plus, w-invocation etc..) I have a backup save so it isn't a problem for me, but it can be gamebreaking in case of bad preparation :s

This is a limitation with the how the game deals with excess (Materia birth is arguably worse as it will overwrite Materia based on a priority system). I'll remove the Remove call for that part as Materia inventories tend to be more likely to be full by Disc 3.

Someone mentioned this earlier, but it's caused by the Field Animation mod (Bloodshot + Kaldera). Simply disable it and it should work fine.

It's an odd one that, I was never really able to track down the cause of it.

@Sega Chief:

I finally got some time to continue playing the game, and I just reached Kalm. Cloud is supposed to talk about the Nibelheim incident, and normally it should ask you if you want to skip the flashback or not (It always worked before), but this time the dialog didn't pop up. Is this also one of the buggy moments that only occurs during the Kalm stuff if you have the Enhanced Stock Menu Overhaul option enabled by any chance? (Along with the already known issue inside the flashback itself)

[Edit]
Oh wow. Nevermind. I see what happened. I installed ESUI Controller Addon which adds controller icons instead of using the 'text' in dialogs, this apparently disabled the entire New Threat mod. Did not expect that. Hopefully didn't mess up my Save file because of that.

I think in order to change the text, the ESUI Controller Addon overwrites the flevel unfortunately. Your save file should be fine.

Cropz

• View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: 2020-03-25 00:38:27 »
First of all, great job on the mod, I just recently finished it and had a blast!

Just one small note about the Fort Condor funds: you mention they should have enough for all unreachable battles, however they start with 15k but there are 6 battles total (5 while Tifa is sleeping, and 1 during the events in Mideel).

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: 2020-03-25 01:09:53 »
Hey, so i just started playing this again with the most recent update, but noticed that I am not actually gaining any stats from the rank up system. I'm level 4 on all characters and nothing.

Example, I did 4 runs of slum drunk 2 and aeris's base attacknis 47
« Last Edit: 2020-03-25 01:12:59 by Lukey_Bug »

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: 2020-03-25 06:04:27 »
Hey, so i just started playing this again with the most recent update, but noticed that I am not actually gaining any stats from the rank up system. I'm level 4 on all characters and nothing.

Are you using the sources that it gives you?

Flopinou

• View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: 2020-03-25 10:34:50 »

It's an odd one that, I was never really able to track down the cause of it.

I've run some tests, hopefully it can help you :

Everything has been done using 7th heaven 2.0 and the mods directly included with it

So, for me the problem doesn't appear only whith the "Field Animation mod (Bloodshot + Kaldera)" activated, but also with "Field Models -Qhimm catalog -> ( Dynamic weapons -> Cloud -> 5 Ninostyle) OR -> ( Main caracters -> Cloud -> 6 - Ninostyle)", I tried other skin for Cloud (with "dynamic weapons" or "main caracter"), the one called "Bloodshot-classic", and without skin -> the bug doesn't appear.
So you CAN'T have ninostyle skin for CLOUD (Barret doesn't seems to be a problem, I tried it too), nor the Bloodshot + Kaldera mod activated.

And the bug always appear in the exact same moment :

1 - Barret say : "I dunno. ... the others ain't here either"
2 - Cloud rotate in order to face Barret
3 - Cloud say  : "We went into the cave.. and then"

So the bug is appearing between 2 and 3 -> Cloud rotate to face Barret, but never start to talk.

Edit : Precised that I used 7th heaven 2.0 to get and manage the mods.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-25 11:50:08 by Flopinou »

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: 2020-03-25 19:27:07 »
Are you using the sources that it gives you?

I solved it. There was an old instance of NT running with the new one. Not sure what else besides that is messed up now though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: 2020-03-25 21:06:12 »
First of all, great job on the mod, I just recently finished it and had a blast!

Just one small note about the Fort Condor funds: you mention they should have enough for all unreachable battles, however they start with 15k but there are 6 battles total (5 while Tifa is sleeping, and 1 during the events in Mideel).

It's off by 1? I'll add an extra 3k just to be sure.

How many sources do you get per rank? Is it 1, 2, 3 or is it 5, 10, 15? There was a build where it set Sources to give +5 to a stat per use but if the .EXE didn't patch properly then it would leave players getting only +1 per Source instead. That's since been reverted though back to the old 5, 10, 15 Sources so if you're on latest patch then something else must be afoot. Is there anything else mod-wise being used with it, or been used in the past?

I've run some tests, hopefully it can help you :

Everything has been done using 7th heaven 2.0 and the mods directly included with it

So, for me the problem doesn't appear only whith the "Field Animation mod (Bloodshot + Kaldera)" activated, but also with "Field Models -Qhimm catalog -> ( Dynamic weapons -> Cloud -> 5 Ninostyle) OR -> ( Main caracters -> Cloud -> 6 - Ninostyle)", I tried other skin for Cloud (with "dynamic weapons" or "main caracter"), the one called "Bloodshot-classic", and without skin -> the bug doesn't appear.
So you CAN'T have ninostyle skin for CLOUD (Barret doesn't seems to be a problem, I tried it too), nor the Bloodshot + Kaldera mod activated.

And the bug always appear in the exact same moment :

1 - Barret say : "I dunno. ... the others ain't here either"
2 - Cloud rotate in order to face Barret
3 - Cloud say  : "We went into the cave.. and then"

So the bug is appearing between 2 and 3 -> Cloud rotate to face Barret, but never start to talk.

Edit : Precised that I used 7th heaven 2.0 to get and manage the mods.

So I checked the location you mentioned, and it turns out Cloud is missing an Animation#7 which he tries to call during that scene. That should have caused the scene to softlock in general so not sure why it only does with a mod applied, but I'll add a #7 for him and that'll hopefully fix it. Quite a rudimentary thing I've missed there.

I solved it. There was an old instance of NT running with the new one. Not sure what else besides that is messed up now though.

Ah I see. Unless the old version was 1.4 or a very old build of 1.5, then it should be OK. Keep an eye on your Rank tally though; if it bugs out and stops giving ranks/gives infinite ranks then let me know.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: 2020-03-25 22:00:43 »

Ah I see. Unless the old version was 1.4 or a very old build of 1.5, then it should be OK. Keep an eye on your Rank tally though; if it bugs out and stops giving ranks/gives infinite ranks then let me know.

I seem to recall there was a reset for ranks(at least in whichever build I played last). Is it still in this build? And if so, where? I don't want to have wasted 4 ranks worth of stats.

EDIT: Or i could just use item lock and catch up that way. Would probably be easier.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-25 22:02:50 by Lukey_Bug »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: 2020-03-25 22:32:11 »
Hey sega chief

can you make me a private patch 1.5 updated version of your 7th heaven NT mod please

here are the things i want on it

1:automatic win on submarine mini game after the carry armor boss fight

2:cloud automaully clasping in snow field after checking the map

3:automatic win on the train mission

4:bypass the guard boss fight in the sierra masion

thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: 2020-03-25 22:55:21 »
I seem to recall there was a reset for ranks(at least in whichever build I played last). Is it still in this build? And if so, where? I don't want to have wasted 4 ranks worth of stats.

EDIT: Or i could just use item lock and catch up that way. Would probably be easier.

A reset may be added in future (depends on how the .exe is), but hasn't been yet.

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: 2020-03-26 00:52:20 »
Quadra selects a random target then directs all 4 casts onto that target, with half the original potency. I'm not sure if it's compatible with the All effect but Mega-All can override certain things with Master Command so maybe it can do it with Master Magic as well. Things tend to get a bit wild when combining all the different effects together as the engine starts to get overwhelmed; it's possible to quadra-cast Limit Breaks for instance.
Oh dear, quadra&mime memes are still in the game? :o Please chief, isn't it high time to do your mod a service and take 'em out or modify them so they're not completely silly and devolve the otherwise awesome lategame to a spam fest? I'm weak of mind, and I just know all those hours of strategic combat & careful planning are flying right out of the window when I get them...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9120 on: 2020-03-26 09:57:28 »
Oh dear, quadra&mime memes are still in the game? :o Please chief, isn't it high time to do your mod a service and take 'em out or modify them so they're not completely silly and devolve the otherwise awesome lategame to a spam fest? I'm weak of mind, and I just know all those hours of strategic combat & careful planning are flying right out of the window when I get them...

I'm not a fan of Quadra functionally speaking, but it'll be staying in for the foreseeable future. Mime is quite fun though.

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: 2020-03-26 13:05:36 »
I'm not a fan of Quadra functionally speaking, but it'll be staying in for the foreseeable future. Mime is quite fun though.
Really, it stays as-is for 2.0 as well? Gee, I wonder how I'm gonna beat the lategame bosses when it comes around. Probably with the same spam that everyone does presently as well. I mean I jest but it doesn't feel ideal, the mod has an involving & balanced system in place where cheap catchall methods shouldn't need to exist, and bosses are done so beautifully with unique & complex coding but none of it will matter when the same spam can be used to defeat them. Doesn't that sort of undermine the work you've put in too? I'm really surprised if I'm alone in begging for an approach where strategy will matter in the endgame as well considering added strategy is one of the main draws of the mod in the first place.

Yea I guess mime isn't so bad but it exarcebates the issue, though quadra is indeed the main culprit. Speaking of 2.0, when's it come out?  :-P

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: 2020-03-26 14:01:05 »
Got an error while doing the Safer Cait Sith fight. An unknown exception occured a while into the fight as I was casting Ultima on it. Very frustrating. Any ideas why?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: 2020-03-26 15:19:33 »
Really, it stays as-is for 2.0 as well? Gee, I wonder how I'm gonna beat the lategame bosses when it comes around. Probably with the same spam that everyone does presently as well. I mean I jest but it doesn't feel ideal, the mod has an involving & balanced system in place where cheap catchall methods shouldn't need to exist, and bosses are done so beautifully with unique & complex coding but none of it will matter when the same spam can be used to defeat them. Doesn't that sort of undermine the work you've put in too? I'm really surprised if I'm alone in begging for an approach where strategy will matter in the endgame as well considering added strategy is one of the main draws of the mod in the first place.

Yea I guess mime isn't so bad but it exarcebates the issue, though quadra is indeed the main culprit. Speaking of 2.0, when's it come out?  :-P

2.0 is delayed, will make a post about it in more detail.

Got an error while doing the Safer Cait Sith fight. An unknown exception occured a while into the fight as I was casting Ultima on it. Very frustrating. Any ideas why?

What were you using to play the game (1998, Steam, R06, 7h 1.0, 7h 2.0) and are there other mods in play? It's likely some issue with memory or the driver.

Regarding 2.0, there's too much been going on the last couple of weeks and I decided to delay it rather than continue rushing it. To make up for it, I've put some stuff together for a 1.5 patch that has some additional features/content to go along with bugfixes. That'll be going out tonight or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-26 15:21:46 by Sega Chief »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: 2020-03-26 15:36:53 »
The game is a composite of several files, some of which it sounds like have changed while others haven't. The Potions being changed means that the kernel has patched (and likely the scene.bin as well). But it sounds like the flevel hasn't patched which is a serious issue. Starting a new game won't help either. 7h 2.0 seems to have a lot of issues that aren't being addressed; the hext not working reliably, NT being locked off from mod types it shouldn't be, driver crashes, etc. If they can't help you troubleshoot the issue then I would recommend going back to 7h 1.54 as the mods themselves are the same.

There is an issue in 7h that prevents flevel been processed from a too far down subfolder, , but that is an issue in 1.5 as well as 2.0, when I personally tested dec 30 NT 1.5 on 7h 2.0 (standalone iro, and gameplay), the flevel was definitely working, I had the custom field dialogs such as barret asking me about the music and the save points.

Hopefully this gets figured out as I love NT, and I love 7h as well.