Author Topic: The controls of FF7  (Read 9809 times)

Roope

The controls of FF7
« on: 2006-01-23 15:48:58 »
The controls of FF7 are hard to use.
I was thinking that somebody could do a patch or a
 program with what anyone could change the controls
...unless there is one allredy which i have not found.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
The controls of FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-23 16:24:25 »
What about FF7 In-game Config?

dziugo

Roope

The controls of FF7
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-23 18:00:55 »
oh...i found it thanks
lol :D some1 suggest to get a gamepad becouse u couldnt change controls...maybe i shoud tell him

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-23 21:39:23 »
You should get a gamepad. The game isn't right without one. Don't get the Logitech Dual Action either. It sucks.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-23 22:32:31 »
yeah, a gamepad finishes the game, though you can input buttons for a gamepad in the ff7config? or whas that only in ff8?

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-23 23:32:16 »
Its in both. Can anyone post what they think is a good controller? I hate Logitech Dual Action, because I have to use the analog stick to move.  -_- Does this happen to anyone else either?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-24 01:32:39 »
I have this one, works for me :P

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #7 on: 2006-01-24 03:21:10 »
Could you name the costs, effectiveness, button programming ability, what cables it uses if any, and also any other special effects (like built in fans)? Also is it wireless, and if it is what batteries does it use?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
The controls of FF7
« Reply #8 on: 2006-01-24 03:31:27 »

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #9 on: 2006-01-24 03:36:50 »
Aaron
Ha ha, I have one of these.  
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx

Noooo! *growls at NT2000, and kicks CD* :weep:  :weep:

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #10 on: 2006-01-24 11:35:24 »
Quote from: Midgar
Could you name the costs, effectiveness, button programming ability, what cables it uses if any, and also any other special effects (like built in fans)? Also is it wireless, and if it is what batteries does it use?

It costs 70€ when i bought it (1 year ago or so) and its wireless, it uses standard AA recharables and lasts for about 12 hours of gaming (with the batteries i use) i doesnt have a docking system to recharge, thats manual but its a good controller nontheless.

It has built in rumble which is fun, nothing like built in fans or whatsoever, why would a gamepad need a fan?

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #11 on: 2006-01-24 21:20:41 »
why would a gamepad need a fan?
Sweaty hands

If you have ever played Guilty Gear, you would have it slip out of your hand and break it :-? That was such a shitty day... because that controller was not mines and the computer wasn't either...

Ill try to look for it. If I ever get XP though, that X-Box controller looks promising.

Cell

The controls of FF7
« Reply #12 on: 2006-01-28 20:37:36 »
I just use the playstation controller. The first one without analog sticks. Just like when I first played. Just grab a 5 dollar usb adapter. Mine has n64 and ps in it.

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #13 on: 2006-01-28 20:58:16 »
Quote from: Cell
I just use the playstation controller. The first one without analog sticks. Just like when I first played. Just grab a 5 dollar usb adapter. Mine has n64 and ps in it.

but then wouldnt u have a lack of buttons when playing n64?

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #14 on: 2006-01-28 21:39:48 »
Hmm....USB adapter. Thats not a bad idea. I think it might be ideal, but I fear lack of programable buttons, sometimes if I use a crappy one (my friends) it doesn't program right. Can you tell me the brand of the adapter you are using?

RW_66

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #15 on: 2006-01-30 00:04:55 »
I have a 'Gamers Factory' Dual-Shock knock-off that works perfectly. USB 2.0 (wired), on pad selectable analog/digital mode (just like the DS), button placement just like the DS, two 'rumble motors',and it's recognized by Win XP with out any driver installation. Cost? $15 (US) at Best Buy.

I use not only for FF7 PC, but for an emu and some driving games like NSF HP2( ala GT series on the PSX).

Cell

The controls of FF7
« Reply #16 on: 2006-01-31 00:21:19 »
but then wouldnt u have a lack of buttons when playing n64?

No, it has input for a psx or 64 controller. I have both. So no lack of buttons. I use the 64 for 64 games.

Can you tell me the brand of the adapter you are using?

Not sure, but I see it on the net. It has no stickers. Ill find a link or post a pic when I get some time. Its real cheap and works perfect. I love it. I got sick of playing Nebula emulator with those usb psx controller knock offs. The d-pad sucks on those. The original is way better. I recomment it.

steven

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #17 on: 2006-02-03 22:02:01 »
I used the nyko airflow for when I played. It is set up just like the psx controler so you can set it up like the playstation ver (incase you are use to it) it is also usb and easy to conect and use.

someBodyOnceToldMe

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #18 on: 2006-04-15 03:46:51 »
I have an adaptor for a PSX/2 DualShock controller that goes to USB, XBOX and GCN. FFVIII wouldn't read the Arrow POVs, though, so I use a program called JoyToKey to map the gamepad to the normal keyboard inputs for the game. i also can use JoyToKey to turn my controller into a backup mouse :D

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
The controls of FF7
« Reply #19 on: 2006-04-15 03:54:19 »
You should get a gamepad. The game isn't right without one. Don't get the Logitech Dual Action either. It sucks.

It doesnt suck its just an OKAY Game pad...I use it

Elbart_

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #20 on: 2006-04-15 19:42:22 »
Quote from: AOD

It doesnt suck its just an OKAY Game pad...I use it

The gamepad itself is good, it's just the d-pad which sucks. And it really puts the word "sucks" to a whole new level. When you press "UP", it changes the directions for at least thee times (just try it with the config-tool, pretty nasty).

Midgar

• View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #21 on: 2006-04-15 19:51:29 »
I don't like it because of the D-pad, which is hard to control, and the size. Its equal to the original X-box controller of Playstation. The chunks in it are badly placed to me. If you hold a Playstation Dual-Action and compare it, you will notice the discomfort. Currently I am attempting to replace the shells of it and a Playstation controller, but the screws are in a bad position, and it will be cut im several places. The hardware problem with it is that many of the things I would like it to be used for do not support it. For example, sometimes I would be forced to use the analog instead of the D-Pad. Its like San Andreas and Kingdom Hearts all over again... :z

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
The controls of FF7
« Reply #22 on: 2006-04-15 19:58:30 »
The AxisPad FX is pretty good. It takes a bit of getting used to, and has a somewhat unpleasent size factor (Not as bad as XBox), and has some screwy driver issues if you use Win98, but it has no calibration issues, and the rumble feature works pretty well too. It's the same layout as a Dualshock.