Author Topic: FF7Music mp3s?  (Read 3566 times)

VonZippa

• View Profile
FF7Music mp3s?
« on: 2006-04-05 22:52:28 »
I have the PC version of FF7 and would like to have better music than the built-in crappy MIDI music.

I've seen a lot of posts about people having problems with FF7Music, but nobody has mentioned anything about the mp3s.  Where is everyone getting them from?  Is there a place to download them?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF7Music mp3s?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-06 01:58:03 »
No links here.  You'll have to find them yourself, or get the game soundtrack.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
FF7Music mp3s?
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-11 05:33:00 »
You'd be better off using the PSF versions; they loop better, are smaller files, and are available in a set somewhere that I don't feel like tracking down.

VonZippa

• View Profile
FF7Music mp3s?
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-12 22:31:01 »
I actually managed to find the soundtrack in mp3 format.  People around here seem super paranoid about even mentioning where to look for these kinds of things, never mind any kind of actual direct links so I guess I won't say where I found it.

Anyway, I was quite disappointed with the way most of them sounded.  I guess I was under the misconception that these mp3s were orchestrated versions of the songs.  I mean, when I listened to them, most of them still have a MIDI-esque sound to them and honestly, some of the songs I felt sounded worse than the PC MIDI versions.

Also add to this the fact that FF7Music has god-awful documentation (no doubt why there have been a dozen or more threads about it not working, or not working properly).  I doubt the PSF versions of the music sound any better than the mp3s, so I've decided to not even mess with it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
FF7Music mp3s?
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-13 04:18:49 »
Good or bad is up for debate, but the PSFs are definitely authentic, since they're actual Playstation data. If anything, I'd advise using FF7music for One Winged Angel, and just not use any that you think sound worse.

One thing to keep in mind is that the midis are very well sequenced, so they could sound better as long as you have a good sound card.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
FF7Music mp3s?
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-13 10:12:15 »
Quote from: VonZippa
People around here seem super paranoid about even mentioning where to look for these kinds of things, never mind any kind of actual direct links so I guess I won't say where I found it.

People are not super-paranoid around here. They are just careful and stick to Qhimm.com's rules, which were not created for nothing. With all kinds of organisations nowadays fighting harder and harder against downloaded copies of music, one has to be careful. Before you know it, you get sued for linking to illegal music. Therefore we do not do it. Besides that, calling everyone paranoid around here is really going to make us more willing to help you...

Quote from: VonZippa
Anyway, I was quite disappointed with the way most of them sounded.  I guess I was under the misconception that these mp3s were orchestrated versions of the songs.  I mean, when I listened to them, most of them still have a MIDI-esque sound to them and honestly, some of the songs I felt sounded worse than the PC MIDI versions.

As for the music. Yes there are better versions of all the songs. There has been a Final Fantasy Concert. The composers are Nobuo Uematsu and Shiro Hamaguchi and they played several songs off of the FFVII Soundtrack. Also I'd suggest the FF:AC OST, it contains some songs in are rather different version.

As for where to get them. If you aren't willing to spend money, there are places which, like Aaron said, you are going to have to find out for yourself. If you are willing to pay, try Amazon.com or a large music-store.