Author Topic: Quote size...  (Read 4177 times)

VincentVal

• View Profile
Quote size...
« on: 2006-05-30 22:51:35 »
Qhimm, you may have noticed that the size of the quotes are unbelivibly small
Quite small indeed!
Can you fix this? I think its just a small matter of editing a template file.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Quote size...
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-30 23:28:57 »

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-31 02:29:40 »
Or just insert a font change in the quote...

Sad Jari

« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-31 07:57:10 »
Might be tad hard, if it's not your post. :P

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-31 23:34:27 »
How is that? Just highlight the quote and change size... Works anytime you use quote function.

Sad Jari

« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-01 00:10:23 »
If he is reading someone else's post, he might not have much to say about the font size used there. I would imagine that that is usually the problem.

Unless I'm missing something here?

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-06-01 10:01:21 »
*feels relieved as I'm not the only one who has a problem with the quote font size* :-D

Sad Jari is right Lieron, you can change your own quote font size, but how are you suppose to change others if they don't change theirs? (e.g. can you change VincentVal's post quote size without editing his post at the moment?)
Apart from that, you have a problem with nested font size BB tags. What happens if you wanted to quote a text that has different font size on it? Take a look at this example:

Test Ha

I used this:
Code: [Select]
[quote][size=14pt]Test [size=12pt]Ha[/size] [/size][/quote]
Instead of following the normal parenthesis ordering (which you would have ended up with Test Ha ) the forum somewhat reads it from left to right (which makes more sense) - and this is not good if you are attempting to do nested BB code of the same type. The only way right now is to modify the stylesheet - which is why jari provided the link for Stylish - or - alternatively use the zoom function of the browser so that everything looks big :-D