Author Topic: FF7 Bootleg Not Launching Even With All-Green On Mod List  (Read 2699 times)

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
Good afternoon.  I just discovered these incredible mods for my favourite game of all time, but after putting in the lengthy effort to secure all the mod files I selected, the launcher still returns to the desktop after a couple black screens.  I'm at a loss for what to do, and I feel like it's something small and simple holding me back.  The original game is installed from the actual CDs of the original release, not the 2012 remake or a torrent download, if that makes a difference.  During the Bootleg install period, I managed to record the following short list of errors, though I know there were a couple .lgp-related ones I didn't catch.

path not found - C:\program files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\cd

path not found - C:\program files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\cd

path not found - C:\program files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\minigame\sub.lgp

path not found - C:\program files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\minigame\snowboard-us.lgp

cannot open file "C:\program files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\djpb-mods\coaster\xbin.bin." The system cannot find the file specified.

If anyone could assist me on this, I'd be quite grateful.  Cheers.~

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Bootleg Not Launching Even With All-Green On Mod List
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-09 00:31:38 »
I admit that this is not so good on this page comes over.
But in the "Bootleg ReadMe" in point 2 it is.

2) Do a MAXIMUM INSTALLATION of Final Fantasy VII preferably to a non-system folder such as 'D:\Games\FF7' (Prevents privilege errors and missing mods).

Is also interesting what operating system you use.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Bootleg Not Launching Even With All-Green On Mod List
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-09 06:32:24 »
I actually got it working.  ^.^  I discovered that what I thought were my old disc ISOs were actually the 'Ultima Edition' of FF7, which expressly does not work with Bootleg.  I still had a couple messages complaining of missing files which I think I actually have, but unless there are problems later I'm absolutely thrilled with this and can't wait to experience this game again with such a beautiful new coat of paint.