Author Topic: Feild model conversion's  (Read 64525 times)

ARMs

• View Profile
Re: Feild model conversion's
« Reply #25 on: 2007-04-11 07:17:39 »
Wow You guys have done some amazing job.  I"m gonna need to get the PC version one of these days.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-04-11 08:36:02 »
Good Luck finding it(you'll need it), I got mine a long time ago when it first came out on the PC (from wal-mart, it had a large square box) and I'm glad I did, especially after seeing all the modding being done with it :-D

I also have FF8 PC with the weird shiny box, perhaps some day this will be modded as well, I'm in no hurry though after seeing all the content being improved on the FF7 version.  FF8, as of right now, sadly is mostly only kid versions of the FF8 team....

On a side note I noticed Seifer had a scar on his nose in Kingdom Hearts 2, it makes me think looking at the age difference between Leon(Squall) and Saifer and knowing where the scar came from.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-04-11 08:40:10 »

Hey guys, i got abit bored over the weekends, and messed around with the models.
I have a great new fun idea :D , yep your all probably wondering, "wtf" what is baby fantasy vii, well i'll show you.

HRC model in kimera
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/chibic.jpg

As you can see, in the screenshots above, there all CHIBI! FORM! , smaller sized characters with big heads and hands, and thanks to bordes "HRC resizer" :D
So yeah, 2 different versions, the tall slim skinny model and the fun chibi version.

Well anyway i think the chibi version, just looks funny and fun. :D
« Last Edit: 2007-04-11 08:43:11 by weeemus »

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-04-11 13:50:28 »
Very nicely stylised I love it! :-D

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-04-11 14:54:25 »
Why thank you Rancid Cheese  :lol:

Qudeid

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-04-11 16:15:38 »
Cloud looks so totally Kingdom Hearts-Like ^_^
It's funny, but I wouldn't play it that way...

But what I find "disturbing" in the NPC Replacement is that some NPCs (of course) aren't yet changed, so they look, compared to the main characters, quite dangerous :) Like Corneo. As if he could just roll over them (Which I believe he could anyway, but you know my point, don't you?). Anyway, it's even more fun with the changed characters! Thank you all here :)

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-04-11 16:20:27 »
Slightly related since they have a cutesy Chibi style aswell I'll ask, has anyone seen the models of the FF cast in Itadaki Street Special man they were awesome I'll see if I can dig up some screenshots . . . :wink:

EDIT:

And not just FF7 characters are in it,

« Last Edit: 2007-04-11 17:00:43 by Rancid Cheese »

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-04-11 17:23:35 »
Hahah, hey that game looks pretty cool, is it like mario party or similar to it?.
Anyway this was on playstaytion 1 yeah? :D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-04-11 17:27:56 »
Nope PS2

EDIT

Full name

Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special
« Last Edit: 2007-04-11 17:29:45 by ice_cold513 »

DarthMarasmus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-04-12 03:02:09 »
Quote from: Otokoshi

Sprites?!  Which Final Fantasy are you talking about?  :-D

Okay, sorry.  I had a brain fart from looking at too many sprite comics (8-Bit Theater).  I meant models.  Is there any way I can put the new, improved models into my FF7 directories and get it to work without it turning into a complete SNAFU? (since though I'm not quite computer illiterate, I am a bit ignorant when it comes to doing much more than dragging and dropping stuff into directories).
« Last Edit: 2007-04-12 03:09:16 by DarthMarasmus »

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-04-12 03:10:30 »
Chibi-version Cloud scares the crap outta' me... he just looks... unnatural...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007-04-12 09:16:56 »
Well you will be happy to know that it requires minimal knoweldge to put these models ingame. :-D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-04-12 10:03:05 »
Well the model's from
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special
I won't mind using for the NPC RP

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007-04-12 23:52:03 »
Hahah, hey that game looks pretty cool, is it like mario party or similar to it?.
Anyway this was on playstaytion 1 yeah? :D

I've never managed to get a hold of a copy so I don't know but apparently it plays more like Monopoly than Mario Party with you building shops on the squares you land on . . .

DarthMarasmus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-04-13 03:06:19 »
Well you will be happy to know that it requires minimal knoweldge to put these models ingame. :-D

Okay, so where can I get them?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-04-13 03:46:06 »
XD me and my team are making them you'll just have to wait for a release..

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-04-13 10:06:46 »
I'm eager to see it ... When sephiroth  has good textures and appearence (imported from KH1) he will suits well with my little portraits i made during the whole night  :-D

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-04-13 21:49:58 »
tifa looks sexy there  :wink:

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007-04-14 09:58:52 »
Made a few changes, i reckon the original textures on cloud and cid just looked shit, so i edited it :D, in game now it's twice as smooth (better graphics)
I would be making better textures for the other character, but for now heres a screenshot:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/screen.jpg

I'll also post a screen shot of clouds new textures in battle at squeebles battle thread. --> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6576.0

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-04-14 14:20:11 »
Made a few changes, i reckon the original textures on cloud and cid just looked sh*t, so i edited it :D, in game now it's twice as smooth (better graphics)
I would be making better textures for the other character, but for now heres a screenshot:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/screen.jpg

I'll also post a screen shot of clouds new textures in battle at squeebles battle thread. --> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6576.0

wow i like alot the new cloud, much more realistic, though the original was cool too.
As for cid , it seems it as a little lumbago? It looks like he can't stands right (his back is very strange, or it's me?)
As for cloud's sword , as someone else said, isn't it in the other side? (maybe i'm false)

MOD EDIT: Changed the freaking 500KB embed into a link.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-23 17:44:14 by Jari »

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007-04-14 16:04:48 »
wow i like alot the new cloud, much more realistic, though the original was cool too.
As for cid , it seems it as a little lumbago? It looks like he can't stands right (his back is very strange, or it's me?)
As for cloud's sword , as someone else said, isn't it in the other side? (maybe i'm false)

Thanks Dje'
Yeah in general , cid just looks crap in the game, pretty hard to just make him look good haha.
And as for clouds sword, yes i believe it was on the other side, it's a small thing though so doesn't really matter to me besides it looks fine on the other side.
Anyway speaking of crappy models, out of all the field so far, the only faulty, crappy looking ones are just , tifa and cid.
I noticed that tifa had alot of holes in the model once i converted to field, other than that she looks fine.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007-04-14 16:56:40 »

Thanks Dje'
Yeah in general , cid just looks crap in the game, pretty hard to just make him look good haha.
And as for clouds sword, yes i believe it was on the other side, it's a small thing though so doesn't really matter to me besides it looks fine on the other side.
Anyway speaking of crappy models, out of all the field so far, the only faulty, crappy looking ones are just , tifa and cid.
I noticed that tifa had alot of holes in the model once i converted to field, other than that she looks fine.

It's Djé   :-D you can't type accents can you? XD
As for cid yeah i know what you mean, as for tifa, i don't know, but barret's field model  in NPC reconstruction patch has for sure some bugs, in his shoulders . I 'll post screens if needed.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007-04-14 23:49:02 »
Hey i think i know what causes the holes in tifas field model. When its gets converted into the .obj file and imported to max, I noticed the none of the polygons are actually joined together rather there just floating around in space. While this seems to be ok for battle models the .p conversion might have some undesired side effects. Thats just what I think anyway :-D.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007-04-15 04:04:05 »
Since i posted this in the battle thread, i might as well post here, a few steps on how to add texture onto the field and battle models.

1. Open up pc creator and import the .3ds file
2.At the top right corner go to the drop down menu and select the object
3. Open bitmap, while the object is selected, go to view/uv coords and select your object in the dropdown menu again, tick texture box and flip the x or y to match the texutres.
4. Before saving into a .p or battle, go to options/texture file(s)
5. After saving you should see that you now have a .p and tex file
6. Say the .p was clouds head, open up kimera81b and  double click on clouds head, it should say the file name at the top which is AABA.p
7. before loading up the .p, search for AAAF.rsd which is for AABA.p (open in notepad)
8.@RSD940102
PLY=aaba.PLY
MAT=aaba.MAT
GRP=aaba.GRP
NTEX=1 (how many tex are used, change the number to the number of tex files you need)
TEX[0]=tex.TIM (name of the Tex file, so say my clouds head tex file was called pcloud.tex, change this to (TEX[0]=pcloud.TIM)

And if you have multiple tex files, but for the same .p, just make a new line TEX[0]=pcloud2.TIM, but if it was for a different part on the .p. example the hair then add TEX[1]=pcloud.TIM ect ect

9. After thats been done, editing the .rsd file reopen kimera 81b and open aaaa.hrc (cloud field model)  double click on his head, click on load and browse for the .p you want and apply changes.
10. Just do the same with all the other parts, and resize them so they fit.
11. When thats all done save model hrc open, up lgp tools create a char.lgp and your finished! yay

(Battle only)

As for battle models its pretty much the same thing but even easier, follow steps 1, 2 , 3, 4 and after that, go to options tick battle model and save.
"rtao" is clouds head and "rtac" is all the textures for cloud in battle everyone in only has one tex file, so you would have to put all texture into one big picture for this one, im sure squeeble could explain this afterwards.
But once you saved in pc creator your texture.tex rename it to rtac but DO NOT! add .tex in the end, just rtac.

Well thats all you should know hope this was useful. :D

EDIT****

Speaking of textures... I just made a new buster sword in photoshop, this is what it looks like in kimera

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/screen-1.jpg

squeeble you want to use this for our battle weapons? :P although its exactly the same buster sword, just that it has paterns now, and perhaps i'll add some shading to the sword, so it looks better on field.

Edit***

Messed around with clouds textures, now he looks twice as better ingame , and much more detailed, well at first, i got advent children's realistic looking skin ingame, but jus looked like some zombie, so i wouldn't be editing the skin, looks better the way it is at the moment.
Heres a couple of screens:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/ingame.jpg

MOD EDIT: Changed two 200-300KB screenshots to links.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-23 17:47:21 by Jari »

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007-04-23 16:32:50 »
Kinda looking a bit albino there . . . maybe needs some yellow in his hair afterall.