Author Topic: Feild model conversion's  (Read 64250 times)

Jari

Re: Feild model conversion's
« Reply #50 on: 2007-04-23 17:50:48 »
ENOUGH WITH THE HUGE 200-500KB EMBEDS ALREADY!

From this point on, I'll simply remove them, instead of putting in the links. I hope you remember the URLs if you want to keep doing this.

Decayrate

• I will be in my LABORATORY
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007-04-23 18:42:06 »
iCh oWnZ a|| TH4T 400+KB PIC'S

Cloud needs more yellow in his hear. If the textures was twice the sice, (pixels X pixels) it would look neat :)

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007-04-23 20:08:28 »
iCh oWnZ a|| TH4T 400+KB PIC'S

Cloud needs more yellow in his hear. If the textures was twice the sice, (pixels X pixels) it would look neat :)

Huh??
Yeah I think too the hair is too pale. But the rest is great though.

Decayrate

• I will be in my LABORATORY
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007-04-24 03:02:20 »
Don't get me wrong, it looks great. KUTGW

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007-04-24 04:33:26 »
Don't get me wrong, it looks great. KUTGW
KUTGW??  :-o What's that?  :?
I did get your idea, but mine is the hair has a problem, but that's just my little personnal idea off course.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007-04-27 13:04:05 »
Hey finally finished and completed cloud field model, i fixed up most of his animations, most things are working fine exept for only one animation, when cloud cross's his arms, if you look at him front view, his left arm is, lets jus say fucked up.

Oh and i changed the sword on his back to the right side, same as the npc.

Anyway heres something for your amusement :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/screen-2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/screen2-1.jpg

Enjoy!.

Side note, i'll still be working on the other characters also, but since i have school again and exams are coming up real soon, i won't be working on this mod project as much.
But don't worry, i will still try finish this field mod as soon as possible. =D

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007-04-27 16:06:50 »
Hey finally finished and completed cloud field model, i fixed up most of his animations, most things are working fine exept for only one animation, when cloud cross's his arms, if you look at him front view, his left arm is, lets jus say f***ed up.

Oh and i changed the sword on his back to the right side, same as the npc.

Oh man you're great at this! Really! I love the  new textures for the left shoulder (with the metalic shoulder part you know) , I dislike the grey hair (makes me think he's old like , say, 45 years lol ), but that's just my opinion.

Could you just upload this cloud ? To let people try it ingame? Like a WIP mod , free trying? I would love to test this. Well if you  have school now again, just focalize on it, don't waste too much time on this (the mod, not the school lol) , because school is more importat, and "you've shown your true quality"*.

*Dragon Quest VIII : Journey of the Cursed King ; Lord Of The Dragovians.   

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007-04-28 04:20:19 »
Well since you guys thought dark yellow hair would be better, i reedited cloud again, but i had to darken everything else, so that the colors would look good together, my oppinion is that the cloud with lighter hair color is better and yeah he may look sh*t in the screenshot but alot better ingame :D

Anyway heres the cloud with darker hair

And this is the opposite =[ this screen looks better than the light haired cloud but ingame isn't as good haha

Could you just upload this cloud ? To let people try it ingame? Like a WIP mod , free trying?

Mm sorry but you'll have to wait ^^
« Last Edit: 2007-04-28 09:19:49 by weeemus »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007-04-28 10:09:57 »
Oh this one is incredible! huuuum!  :-) :-) :-)
love the shirt textures also!
Er, Ok I'll wait then   :|

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007-05-06 06:38:33 »
Even though im studying for my exams =P, on the weekend today, i decided to make one model of reno, heres a picture

anyway i'll be making rude, elena, rufus, vincent (similar to doc oh well), shinra soildier also.

ps i did not make this model all work and efforts go to Szico VII

just to let you guys know i haven't given up, well sorry guys >< if i didnt have exams i'd try finish the mod already.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-06 06:52:38 by weeemus »

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007-05-07 08:09:47 »
That's a really good Reno . . . we need a vastly improved Rude to go with him though

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007-05-07 09:32:19 »
Thanks , don't worry i got elena and rude also, for now i'll be sending the files over to squeeble to work on battle, yesturday night i sent him vincent, and his working on it now i believe.
The vincent model is almost exactly the same as the doc vincent, you guys probably wouldn't noticed if i didn't tell you hehe ^^
i'll post some screens up once its done =D

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007-05-08 04:40:15 »
You know you should really stop posting news up before I get conformation of things XD. Genisis said no so that means no Vincent, and you haven't sent me the readme from Reno and the others so I can ask the creators first, I'm not going to put there work in if they don't want to be apart of it. However I have been working on Reno but only because I think it would be pointless not to do any work at all before I get conformation. But yes so far no Vincent. So once I get onto the other creators we'll just have to see what happens after that.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007-05-08 15:02:42 »
Do these models also work in battle?

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007-05-12 11:30:55 »
Hey does anyone know the file name for the "black cape man" (the people in black capes worshiping sephiroth)
I have an idea, using kh2 organization xii guys, the model when they are wearing a hood something like this picture:

(doesn't look completely right, i haven't wielded it yet)

As for xexion i think his name was, i was thinking of using his head for vincent, when he was a turk. Xexions head and hair looks the same anyway, i'll just have to retexture his hair to black or leave it as it is, if it looks good.

(this head is wielded :D exept his top 2nd set of hair)

Also i patched up and wielded cloud from kh2, theres no holes ^^ just for a practice, since i never used 3d max before, but so far so good.
Heres a screen : http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/sad.jpg

EDIT*** New vincent

Man what a pain in the ass took so long to do this >< anyway today i decided to take a break from all the studying for exams. :D and i finished vincent! yay
« Last Edit: 2007-05-12 17:00:01 by weeemus »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007-05-12 22:59:14 »
REALLY good weemus!! I thought of one thing, since Squeeble withdraws, what will you do? Do you still work with murak/andrewmarsh etc ? Alone? Do you still have KH1/2 data to work on? ....  :?

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007-05-13 05:03:03 »
Hmmm...i'm not too sure anymore, well firstly all the things squeeble's been talking about and the court @.@, man thats freaking scary haha.
i'm afraid i'll have to withdraw, sorry guys!
And if i were to continue with the field model conversions, i'd have to start from scratch again, because all these models are squeebles battle models, converted into field
leaving me behind, vincent which i am not allowed to use, i asked the author.

But i found a easy way to patch the models, so i reckon anyone can do this and continue this mod.
download milkshape 3d, import the kh2 character, select all vertices's and press 'ctrl w' which then wields everything export it as a .obj
After that the model should be looking very smoothed out and most holes are already patched up. (open in max and flip the few holes on the model if there are any)

Another way of patching up just by using max.
Open 3d max, import the model, select any object, lets say the head.
Click the head and press 'ctrl v' which then duplicates the object in the same spot, now go to polygon and press 'ctrl a' to select all faces, the faces should be red and flip the polygons around.
Now attach the duplicated head with the 1st head. this makes it show 2 sides (sorry i'm terrible at explaining things)

Well there you have it a fully patched up model. Hope this was useful.

EDIT**

Don't worry guys although i said, i wouldn't release any models that squeeble made, i just found my old folder, some models i made, it's incomplete at the moment but once i complete it, i'll release it :D heres a screen of zack

Having 2nd thoughts...Maybe...after my exams i'll restart this mod from scratch using kh2 models this time. or create my own, oh well, unless you guys here really persuade me to continue haha and i'll think about it.

Heres some more screens

« Last Edit: 2007-05-15 08:53:25 by weeemus »

zackxc

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007-05-13 12:10:56 »
Omg Weeemus thats fucking awsome!!  :evil: You should continue with this mod!!! noone else can do a better job than you!

borak2k7

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007-05-13 13:59:45 »
Cool how many characters are left to do on this mod? Its lookin really good!

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007-05-13 14:38:50 »
The Vincent looks very close to the cerberus one, good job!

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007-05-13 14:57:36 »
Thanks for the feedback ^^ anyway, i just made zack with the crisis core sword, well it looks similar anyway.

(i just merged some swords together from zelda and changed some poly's here and there)

And here it is! :D

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007-05-13 20:45:47 »
That's an excellent job weemus!  For the KH2 Cloud, you'll want to flip it, I'm not sure why Max does this, but that's what I had to do when I got the model as well.  I hope that makes sense, compare your screenshot with this reference and you'll see what I mean.  :wink:

Cloud AC

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007-05-13 21:38:02 »
Buh . . . guh . . . mergh . . . need awesome Zack! Need weeemus keep working on mod!

Sorry what I meant was that is a particularly awe inspiring piece of work and you do us all a great injustice by not continuing both it and any other work you have now or in the pipeline . . . :mrgreen:

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007-05-13 23:08:20 »
ps i did not make this model all work and efforts go to Szico VII

Actually, Reno was made by Noen, as well as Rufus, Elena and Rude.

The Vincent is made by Eclypse, as well as some others. Eclypse is also making the Shinra MP (generic grunt and Cloud variant).

Don't even bother taking the Sephiroth models that were made for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Gir made those models, and he hates it when people steal his work.

Other than that it all looks awesome.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007-05-13 23:32:35 »
Hey that Zack looks nice, I'm assuming that thats not my cloud because he has holes in him where I'm pretty sure I didn't have holes :lol:. But yeah you where basically right about the hair, it was Roxas wasn't it?. Oh and andrew already made a nice zack sword wich will go nice with him. But yeah eclypse has specifically denied permission of the use of his Vincent so for anyone a bit confused he wont be able to use that one, and I've been speaking to noen so no go for his turks models either. You should probably crack open FF 12 and have a look inside it, the only problem is one in every 5 models works, I think coz most are animations or something but theres some good models in there if you manage to sift your way through them. Oh and also by flipping and attaching the peices to cover up the holes, for example clouds head that also doubles all the polys you have in a scene, so if cloud was originally 6000 polys once your done he would become 12000 polys. While this is effective for covering up the holes its quite inefficient coz depending on the model, in a single battle scene you could have up to 50000 polys witch on most computers will cause either frame rate drop or there will be a slight pause before a battle.