Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII PSX Replacing models creating new  (Read 34824 times)

gamefac

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII PSX Replacing models creating new
« Reply #50 on: 2009-08-08 09:19:36 »
LZS Update:
I am very close. My compressed file is 625 bytes (0.94%) larger than the one you gave me (I'm using a two-pass comparison and making some things smaller). That's a compression ratio of 31.56% instead of 32.2%. This is probably small enough for this particular file (they'll each take 33 2K blocks), but for files that are on the edge of their blocks that's insufficient. I'm still working on it so don't fret.

Now I believe I have finished this. I emailed it to ff7rules (at least I think I have) about 15 hours ago, but he hasn't gotten back to me about it. Granted, that's hardly enough time for him to reliably check his email and test it. If anyone else would like a go at an LZS compressor/decompressor, send me a PM or email me.

nfitc1! check your e-mail ([email protected]). I really want to try your LZS compressor/decompressor. Im working on the psx version too! & I now fall in the same problem as ff7rules.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-08-08 14:35:58 »
OK...

First of all, don't post in old topics.

Secondly, I think he released it; check the bottom of this post

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-08-08 16:47:10 »
im glad someone revived this :P i was hoping it would be breakthrough news though.

Gamefac your working on the psx version too yeah? what you doing to it our goals might just be the same.

gamefac

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-08-09 09:53:57 »
Okay thanks Kudistos Megistos. I now have the program in my possession

Yeah, im working on the psx version. I love FF7 so much I play during my sleep hour. I play FF7 wherever i go, because I have a psp, and FF7 on the go is win. I wonder what's your reason for modding the psx version ff7rules?

Anyway, I've been lurking for about a month before i came out of the shadow (only because I was confused as hell when i got deep into modding). My goal is to replace the default monsters on the world map for better much more bad ass looking monsters (like: Ultimate, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby Weapon, Black Cape Sephiroth, Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Cid, etc.).

Now the reason why I wanted the LZS Compress/DECompressor was because I want to compress the hero LZS files (Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Vincent etc..), so that I can replace default LZS monster with let say a Cloud LZS file.

I can fight enemy Cloud, I can make enemy Cloud attack and cast magic. I can do all of that. IF i can just compress Cloud's LZS file. At this very moment, I can't make the size KB any lesser then the default.. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8810.0
Help me vets.  :(
« Last Edit: 2009-08-09 10:01:19 by gamefac »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-08-09 17:08:13 »
Well we have the same goals my friend :) our reasons are the same

Also you manged to make cloud use magic and attack? did he have a weapon and would it just freeze after you attacked him?

Also one very interesting point ill make the demo cloud model worked in clouds stead so you COULD maybe use that.

gamefac

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-08-09 23:02:58 »
I mod the FFVII psx version
--

#1 Yes, I can make enemy cloud does his casting animation & attacking animation.
- He does not have his weapon (though I see his buster sword @ a random spot when I cast KOTR).
- Cloud does freeze when I attack him. So what I do is, I put another monster next to him and I attack that monster. and when that monster hp gets to zero, the battle ends (imagine the turks battle. you kill 1/3 turk members, the battle ends).
- Now I can't just leave enemy Cloud alone during a battle, what if I accidently attack enemy Cloud? the game would freeze & the battle would just not be fun right? Answer: Yes, which is why I have a solution to that problem. I make Cloud invisible, which means you could still see enemy Cloud's graphic, but cannot be touched by anything.. Magic/Summons/Items/Odin 1KO etc.. This is what I have to do since I can't find a solution to the freezing problem. If you got a better idea of how to make an interesting enemy Cloud fight please voice your ideas :)

#2 I'd like to try your demo Cloud, maybe I can discover something new for everyone. thanks