Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328435 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch, born again
« Reply #25 on: 2010-05-29 15:52:39 »
Guess whaaaat? ;D

I've fixed a HUGE bug that i had in the Northern Cave! ;D

I think i mentioned a while back, when I added Aeris into the burning Nibelheim scene, she wouldnt react to Sephiroth...well it turns out that she was missing some IF statements that all the other characters had. The actual level has codes for the characters that i missed with meteor, since that just showed you raw code. Makou Reactor actually describes what the codes do, thus making it easier to edit. Sephiroth also has code for the characters, which was very easily missed.

This means that I could do a lot more with this patch....

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-05-29 16:14:55 »
Wow I'll really wait for your progress here. :) What have you comeup right now?? Mind some screenshots?? I really want some teasers. ;D

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-05-29 16:45:00 »
Once I get the parachute to Midgar scene finished, I'll put a video on Youtube :P

I have an Idea for a trailer too, once I get more scenes done.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-05-29 16:46:29 »
So Aerith with the parachute. Damn I can't believe that will actually work. Can't wait. :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-05-29 16:47:42 »
I just need to make an animation for her jumping off, then it'll be sorted.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-05-29 18:55:29 »
Makou Reactor actually describes what the codes do, thus making it easier to edit. Sephiroth also has code for the characters, which was very easily missed.

Meaning that Sephiroth also could be a playable char?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-05-29 19:00:13 »
Makou Reactor actually describes what the codes do, thus making it easier to edit. Sephiroth also has code for the characters, which was very easily missed.

If he can do Aerith he can also do Sephiroth but that would mean he would have to make a new main enemy to replace Sephiroth since its odd to have two Sephiroths.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-05-29 19:03:25 »

Yeah....but theres a problem. Sephiroth and Vincent share data, so if the player had Vincent, Sephiroth cannot be used.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-05-29 19:05:28 »
Basically have some sort of party split up event where sephiroth leaves when vincient joins.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-05-29 19:10:36 »

If he can do Aerith he can also do Sephiroth but that would mean he would have to make a new main enemy to replace Sephiroth since its odd to have two Sephiroths.

Nah, that would just screw it up.

Would be awesome to have Sephy on the party just for the fun, but the story would have to remain the same. Just have him on PHS or something would be enough, without changing the story of course.. I also would like to be able to play with chars such as Reno and Genesis but those require more modding than just adding to the PHS, specially Genesis that isn't even in normal FF7.

Yeah....but theres a problem. Sephiroth and Vincent share data, so if the player had Vincent, Sephiroth cannot be used.

Isn't it possible to create separated "data" for them?
« Last Edit: 2010-05-29 19:12:51 by Nightmarish »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-05-29 19:56:51 »
sephiroth does use vincent's slot so it is supposed to be impossible to have both seph and vincent in the party at the same time

but i have managed to do that, but sephiroth still shares vincent's name, stats and equips (to do this i had to replace a existing character so you still have to lose a character but it doesn't have to be vincent)

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-05-29 20:06:57 »
sephiroth does use vincent's slot so it is supposed to be impossible to have both seph and vincent in the party at the same time

but i have managed to do that, but sephiroth still shares vincent's name, stats and equips (to do this i had to replace a existing character so you still have to lose a character but it doesn't have to be vincent)
I think we all agree to this but remove "Cait Sith"!! ;D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-05-29 20:09:16 »
*SNIP - IMAGE*
Does Vincent gain double exp after battles by having two of him in the party?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-05-29 20:13:31 »
If he have the same weapons and materia in it. What happens if Vincent dies but Sephiroth still lives and finishes the battle with Vincent dead. Will Sephiroth still get Exp and Ap even if Vincent is dead??

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-05-29 20:35:25 »
Does Vincent gain double exp after battles by having two of him in the party?
no they dont get double EXP, on the EXP screen after battle he has the same stats as the character you replace him with (odd i know but thats how it is)

If he have the same weapons and materia in it. What happens if Vincent dies but Sephiroth still lives and finishes the battle with Vincent dead. Will Sephiroth still get Exp and Ap even if Vincent is dead??
if vincent dies sephiroth stays alive until the end of the battle, but the next battle he is dead (if you dont revive vincent), but if sephiroth dies vincent stays fine and in the next battle sephiroth is back to the same health as vincent, also the funny thing about sephiroth dying is that since he isnt supposed to die, so that when you do kill him off he just stands there like he is still alive (but his ATB bar stays empty like he's dead).
And sephiroth will get EXP and AP even if vincent dies since he earns it for the character you replace him with and not for vincent. (as long as sephiroth is still alive that is)

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-05-29 20:46:38 »
Wow that's hell to consider using Sephiroth. I wish Square just made Cait Sith share data with Cait Sith. Also Vincent is a missable Character right?? Have you tried running the game with making Sephiroth into the party without getting Vincent?? I think its impossible for the moment.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-05-29 20:54:54 »
i can make sephiroth playable at anytime, even before getting vincent (before you aquire vincent sephiroth takes up the place of his data, this is why when you use black chocobo to put sephiroth into your party early in the game it works fine but if you did it later in the game after getting vincent it doesn't work because after you get vincent, sephiroth loses his data slot)
Sephiroth shares a slot with vincent so when you get vincent, sephiroths data gets overwritten and becomes unplayable
Cait sith shares a slot with young cloud so when you get cait sith, young Cloud's data gets overwritten and becomes unplayable
its easy to work around this though, i can make it so sephiroth or young Cloud can replace any character and not just vincent or cait sith by either editing in game or editing a save to do so.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-05-29 21:52:44 »
Well I haven't exactly tried your trainer yet since I don't like using cheats but I do want to try having Sephiroth as a part of Cloud's party. Your trainer is able to add Sephiroth right??

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-05-29 22:09:37 »
yeah it can add sephiroth, and it can make him mortal (he is pretty much immortal by default) and controllable, but to keep him controllable you need to keep the option on, if you want i could make just a small trainer only for sephiroth.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-05-29 22:14:31 »
Wow you'll do it?? Ok then I "beg" for this trainer for Sephiroth. ;D

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-05-29 22:40:28 »
Sorry guys, but can you make a new thread for the sephiroth stuff, your getting a bit off topic lol :P

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-05-29 22:44:28 »
Oops, sorry. Anyways I was wondering what were you going to do about how you will add a scene in reviving Aeris??

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-05-29 22:56:18 »
sorry about that ultima espio, i will PM him instead from now on (on this subject atleast),
Anyway back to the subject in hand,
have you considered bringing her in as a different character, just some side character who looks hell of alot like aries (maybe rename her or give the person playing the choice to do so), and you could even have the people acting really suprised when they first meet her.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-05-29 23:09:49 »
sorry about that ultima espio, i will PM him instead from now on (on this subject atleast),
Anyway back to the subject in hand,
have you considered bringing her in as a different character, just some side character who looks hell of alot like aries (maybe rename her or give the person playing the choice to do so), and you could even have the people acting really suprised when they first meet her.
Hey not a bad idea. But then she'll have to make a new character so is it possible to make a new character that uses the same data?? Like when young cloud is used but later on is replaced by cait sith. Another is Sephiroth replaced by Vincent. Maybe a new character like Aeris replace "Iris" or any name just the new character?? It is an Aeris patch but it is a possibility though if your done with your Aeris patch. :)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-05-30 02:01:30 »
Earlier you said you would have a problem coding her back into the game.  Black Chocobo can put her back in your party by simply checking the PHS box.   All you would have to do is have the end of her conversation flag her as active again... I think.

Also, just throwing this out there, do you remember the conk shell in the Ancient Forest?  It has that unused path that leads to the cave.  If it's not that difficult I think creating a walkmesh up to it along with a map to load with her laying down in it would be pretty cool.

Back in the day almost every revival thread mentioned that cave.