Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838981 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8500 on: 2019-09-03 11:18:35 »
also did not see any Vaccines at Icicle Inn, just hero drink and x-potion iirc. is there a way to open up the hack and just look at changes compared to vanilla? ive yet to use 7th Heaven or anything

There should have been one in the house with the map, sitting next to the Hero Drink II. If Bad Breath is ignoring status defence then that's an issue; will check kernel when I get back.

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: 2019-09-03 14:14:14 »
Is Gaea Dragon the only one to do Time Flare? I've limit breaked Nibel & Crater dragons till the cows come home and they always counter with the playing card that says "The Sun" that casts berserk... and I can't go back to the cliffs the game forbids it. I remember the Gaea Dragon casting it once, but he was too dangerous at the time and I had no idea it was an enemy skill. Can't believe I have a bricked enemy skill materia. =/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: 2019-09-03 14:47:32 »
Is Gaea Dragon the only one to do Time Flare? I've limit breaked Nibel & Crater dragons till the cows come home and they always counter with the playing card that says "The Sun" that casts berserk... and I can't go back to the cliffs the game forbids it. I remember the Gaea Dragon casting it once, but he was too dangerous at the time and I had no idea it was an enemy skill. Can't believe I have a bricked enemy skill materia. =/

It sounds like Dragon Force has the wrong animation ID set; that'll be setting Berserk, Auto-Crit, and Haste I think. I don't think Time Flare is a skill anymore but I'll need to check. In any case, the skill you want from the Crater Dragon is Dragon Force.

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: 2019-09-03 15:06:21 »
It sounds like Dragon Force has the wrong animation ID set; that'll be setting Berserk, Auto-Crit, and Haste I think. I don't think Time Flare is a skill anymore but I'll need to check. In any case, the skill you want from the Crater Dragon is Dragon Force.

Yea, I was able to manipulate and get dragon force out of crater dragon. That made me suspicious that it would ever cast the other thing. I know for sure it got cast on me once @ cliffs, its that super rare tonberry attack re-purposed right?

I got 2 things left and this is the possibilities in readme:

read this is now called Time Flare > Magnitude8: Gaea Dragon, Gaea's Cliff (or Crater Dragon, North Crater)
gone now? > Alpha: Midgar Zolom
some boss I've yet to find > Pandora's Box: Chokhmabo

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: 2019-09-03 15:26:34 »
I think Dragon Force went through a few changes from Mag8 to time flare and then back to Dragon Force again. Alpha was changed into Chronocure which is on the Death Jokers on the right-path of the Crater. That last boss is related to turning in the Desert Rose to the Kalm Traveler and is used at the end of the fight (blocking Hidden element attacks is recommended).

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8505 on: 2019-09-03 16:25:08 »
I think Dragon Force went through a few changes from Mag8 to time flare and then back to Dragon Force again. Alpha was changed into Chronocure which is on the Death Jokers on the right-path of the Crater. That last boss is related to turning in the Desert Rose to the Kalm Traveler and is used at the end of the fight (blocking Hidden element attacks is recommended).

TY chronocure was it, never even heard of that one in my readings... enemy skills list really needs to be redone by somebody. I would but I've already forgotten which deviated from the readme.

I made a list of thoughts that I'll share after I get done playing, incase you decide to keep polishing this up more.

SnowMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: 2019-09-04 05:27:22 »
Is Boxer missable? On Disc 2, trying to get Goblin Punch. Been running around the forests in Gongaga for a while now, can't encounter him to save my life.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: 2019-09-04 11:50:25 »
Is Boxer missable? On Disc 2, trying to get Goblin Punch. Been running around the forests in Gongaga for a while now, can't encounter him to save my life.

He's inside Gongaga, on the trail field screens (specifically, the field screen just outside the town).

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: 2019-09-04 13:44:06 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:16:20 by Lorath »

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: 2019-09-05 00:49:00 »
Spoiler: show
I also had an issue where the Gaea Dragon never used Magnitude 8 or whatever, even at low health despite it being in the enemy skill note. noticed you can dispel it’s dragon buff tho. It doesn’t seem to be able to be manipulated either.

Also, wanted to say that Icy Oscar *And* Ho-Chu may be ignoring status/element immunities with their breath attacks. Ho-Chu fight has been basically impossible, as he gets a turn to use Big Pollen before my party even acts. Only surviving if the statuses dont proc? had a cat’s bell equipped on cloud and somehow didn’t get put to sleep. Trying this at level 60 before entering Junon, as I farmed chocobos at the start of the mideel quest. I only managed to win against Icy Oscar because I am playing arrange mode and used the randomizer to boost a lot of my team’s luck, therefore the attack randomly missed once. The other times it was impossible to win, and this seems to be the case with ho-chu but even harder, as all it’s attacks hit like a truck. Any hints besides ‘kill it with fire’ ? It literally starts the fight with a 4000 damage attack that puts the team to sleep and then casts it again immediately.

Was also going to mention that Powersoul is pretty game-breaking. Have been able to just cheese every tough enemy with Tifa wearing it, Gigas Armlet, and Cursed Ring. and have noticed some weird glitch where if I use Red XIII’s Lunatic High, it somehow revives Tifa to max health and removes the curse ring’s death timer.  Would maybe suggest moving the powersoul to later a point in the game, such as stealing it from Diamond Weapon or Ultimate, as it has been too good to not use in many situations.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-05 01:05:33 by saw2th »

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: 2019-09-05 00:53:18 »

Wanted to ask - Does Goblin Punch do anything ever? I don’t understand why it’s even in the game, as it just deals a physical attack randomly thats just as strong as a regular attack.

Is it possible to mod the Enemy Skills more thoroughly? many skills like ‘????’ and goblin punch, etc have been totally irrelevant and just the magical attacks like trine or beta, big guard, and white wind have been the only useful skills.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: 2019-09-05 06:49:23 »
Well, imho the enemy skill are less "powerful" than in the Vanilla game, and that's entirely because the normal magic are already pretty good and do solid damage.
Still, I've managed to use barely every enemy skill so far. Of course, most of them are useful for a little purpouse. The Enemy Skill materia would be overpowered if it could give 20+ skill, useful everytime and everywhere, and without a malus (No deficit in stats!).

Wanted to ask - Does Goblin Punch do anything ever? I don’t understand why it’s even in the game, as it just deals a physical attack randomly thats just as strong as a regular attack.
Goblin Punch is useful in Battle Square. If you're using a physical fighter and your weapon is broken, or you're blinded.

many skills like ‘????’ and goblin punch, etc have been totally irrelevant and just the magical attacks like trine or beta, big guard, and white wind have been the only useful skills.
Well, the ???? was a life savior during one of the most tough fight I find until now. Just do not check the spoiler if you do not want to know what fight.
8-eye, in the Ancient Temple. Sturdy as hell even if you hit their weakness, and they do solid damage. ???? worked perfectly fine.

Chockobuckle it's probably the only wind skill (beside of choco mog) that you'll have for the most part of the game.
Quarry fuse - I didn't find too much use of hit, but it's a nice aoe earth attack if you still do not have quake 2, for which you would need an all materia (so two slot occupied... I would kill for free slots most of the time :S).

And so on!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: 2019-09-05 09:24:31 »
I also had an issue where the Gaea Dragon never used Magnitude 8 or whatever, even at low health despite it being in the enemy skill note. noticed you can dispel it’s dragon buff tho. It doesn’t seem to be able to be manipulated either.

Also, wanted to say that Icy Oscar *And* Ho-Chu may be ignoring status/element immunities with their breath attacks. Ho-Chu fight has been basically impossible, as he gets a turn to use Big Pollen before my party even acts. Only surviving if the statuses dont proc? had a cat’s bell equipped on cloud and somehow didn’t get put to sleep. Trying this at level 60 before entering Junon, as I farmed chocobos at the start of the mideel quest. I only managed to win against Icy Oscar because I am playing arrange mode and used the randomizer to boost a lot of my team’s luck, therefore the attack randomly missed once. The other times it was impossible to win, and this seems to be the case with ho-chu but even harder, as all it’s attacks hit like a truck. Any hints besides ‘kill it with fire’ ? It literally starts the fight with a 4000 damage attack that puts the team to sleep and then casts it again immediately.

Was also going to mention that Powersoul is pretty game-breaking. Have been able to just cheese every tough enemy with Tifa wearing it, Gigas Armlet, and Cursed Ring. and have noticed some weird glitch where if I use Red XIII’s Lunatic High, it somehow revives Tifa to max health and removes the curse ring’s death timer.  Would maybe suggest moving the powersoul to later a point in the game, such as stealing it from Diamond Weapon or Ultimate, as it has been too good to not use in many situations.

It's Crater Dragon you need to manipulate for Dragon Force now, when the skill was Mag8 it was available from Gaea Dragon because it was a bit less powerful as a skill and available earlier.

Neither Oscar or Ho-Chu should have status-ignoring attacks. I can't recall if Big Pollen is magic-based or not, but the Luck stat only affects physical attacks and nothing else. Luck/4 for a chance to land an automatic critical hit, and Luck/4 to evade an incoming physical attack regardless of accuracy/evasion (with the former overriding the latter; if Lucky Critical returns true then a check for Lucky Dodge isn't made). Magical accuracy is affected by level differences. Damage sounds overly high as well on Big Pollen. I'll need to remember to check them when I get back.

Is it possible to mod the Enemy Skills more thoroughly? many skills like ‘????’ and goblin punch, etc have been totally irrelevant and just the magical attacks like trine or beta, big guard, and white wind have been the only useful skills.

Goblin Punch has a fringe use when the enemy has the same level as the caster. ? ? ? ? is handy sometimes as it ignores defence but the gravity element on it probably cuts its use down too hard so I'll make it non-elemental again. The skills as a whole are a mixed bag of odd effects and elemental damage to plug up gaps. They're handy in certain situations but not as a go-to replacement for conventional spells.

ShadowCloudX

• View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: 2019-09-05 11:28:08 »
Hey there Sega Chief loving the mod so far but I’m currently having a issue. At the moment playing through 1.5 and I’m trying to do Tifa’s Lv4 LB quest but when I’m on the high wind to change her as the leader the NPC is no where to be found. I’ve checked in the command and turned off all my mods to make sure if that was messing with anything but no luck. Any ideas?

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: 2019-09-05 12:12:44 »
Hey there Sega Chief loving the mod so far but I’m currently having a issue. At the moment playing through 1.5 and I’m trying to do Tifa’s Lv4 LB quest but when I’m on the high wind to change her as the leader the NPC is no where to be found. I’ve checked in the command and turned off all my mods to make sure if that was messing with anything but no luck. Any ideas?

Did you go to the bottom of northern crater first? A phone call happens down there first. I just talked about that on 2nd to last page.

Another q... about these lvl 4 weapons, not sure what the descriptions mean.
"HP/MP/Limit = Atk. Str", so is this saying attacks are somehow greater/equal/lesser proportionate to percentage of these numbers?
« Last Edit: 2019-09-05 12:14:42 by lakecityransom »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: 2019-09-05 14:56:00 »
Did you go to the bottom of northern crater first? A phone call happens down there first. I just talked about that on 2nd to last page.

Another q... about these lvl 4 weapons, not sure what the descriptions mean.
"HP/MP/Limit = Atk. Str", so is this saying attacks are somehow greater/equal/lesser proportionate to percentage of these numbers?

The higher those are, the more damage they deal. For Limit, you can get more out of that if you have a filled Lv.4 Limit gauge vs a filled Lv.1 Limit gauge.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: 2019-09-05 19:19:15 »
Doesn't look like any of those attacks used by either Icy Oscar or Ho-Chu ignore status defence. For Oscar:

Frozen Beam: Ice
Bio2: Poison
Bad Breath: Poison
Oscar Belch: Shout

So of those four, Shout is probably the most problematic to block but can be done so using Bahamut + Elemental, though it's the weakest attack there with a base of 22 and chance of Silence. Absorbing or Nulling poison should block Bad Breath.

Ho-Chu's pollen is more of a problem because it's non-elemental. 4k damage seems abnormally high looking at his stats + the base power of the attack; Lv.61, 156 magic, base power of 55 on the attack. A tidy magic-defence stat ought to deal with that. Sleep, Poison, and Dual are attached to it.

As for the AI, he has a chance to start either at a 2-turn pause, a 1-turn pause, whip sting, or big pollen. Possibly stone whip too. I'll run a test on it tonight to see what the damage looks like.

nforzer

• View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: 2019-09-06 10:59:46 »
Thanks for your hard work, Sega Chief. The mod is awesome.

Can you please mirror the september update? Mega.nz does not work for me. Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: 2019-09-06 11:48:04 »
Thanks for your hard work, Sega Chief. The mod is awesome.

Can you please mirror the september update? Mega.nz does not work for me. Thanks

Installer
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ppryl560kivvdq/NT_1.5_Build_-_1st_September_2019.zip/file

IRO
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0z9nf56nemowbol/FF7_NT_IRO_1st_September_2019.zip/file

Giever

• View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: 2019-09-07 02:46:06 »
Is there a list of all the bosses that can successfully be morphed? I wouldn't want to know what they turn into, but just if it's possible.

It's pretty difficult (and occasionally frustrating) to morph the bosses, especially with the increased difficulty. Kind of has made me dread boss fights because I'll put in so much effort, maybe even accidentally kill them because of a surprise crit or counter attack and have to redo it, just to find out they don't even turn into anything.

Would be cool if Sense could say whether an enemy was morph-able, but I get that probably isn't an option.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8520 on: 2019-09-08 01:12:36 »
Hi everyone.

I just finished my first playtrought of the vanilla mode and wanted to share some observations , that maybe could be considered for future versions of the vanilla patch.

1. Osmose materia seems to be gliched, found it outside aerith's house, appears as a magic materia without name, skills or stats, and does nothing when equipped, maybe it  should fixed be removed.

2. Several differente materias are recived already mastered, I guess this could be a leftover from when those were rewards for events or fights that don't appear in the vanilla version, I suggest returning them to normal.

3. I experience the frezee every time I tried to enter the arena in the battle square of the gold saucer, even after applying the september update patch.  :(

4. the first time I arrived at the shinra mansion in Nifleheim I could not enter, the red arrow showed the door as an entrance point, but Cloud just could not enter, I used Black Chocobo to edit myself inside the mansion and followed the game normaly, still could no enter the mansion again after leaving.

5. The boss battle in the norther crater was change to some weird mosnsters that when killed gave me a massive EXP boost (around 17 levels up, from 50  to 67) after the battle the game continued normally.

6. After defeating  Sephyroth the ending video, wont load, instead only a screen with every character and a robot (Sega Chief's avatar I guess) will appear, congratulating you for beating the mod, I guees this message is intentional, but I also presume it is suppose to appear after the normal ending, or maybe after defeating the extra bosses in the hard version of the mod.

And finally I would like to do a little suggestion regarding Aerith, I think it would fit better with the history if she died like normal, and then rejoined the group when Cloud and Tifa fall into the lifestream when the Town of Mideel collapses, I think it would make sense that Aerith being a Cetra could guide Tifa inside the lifestream so she could enter Cloud's mind and help him sort his real memories, (as in the original history is never explained how Tifa could witstand the sensory overload of the lifestream and enter Cloud's mind, instead of just going insane with Mako poisoning the same way Cloud did), also there is precedent in the story of Sephyroth being impaled / fatally injured, and then reviving after falling into pure lifestream, also it could be optional, after Aerith helps Tifa and Cloud inside the lifestream, the player must choose if Aerith should come back, or if she has already done enought and should rest in peace, that way we have the option of  having her back without dimishing her sacrifice too much, I mean is a little humorous to watch Cloud cry in despair at the dead of his friend, and just a second later casually throw her a phoenix down and said well that should be good enough :P , makes it look a little too much like a parody.

Anyway thanks Sega Chief for this awesome mod that make me pick up one of my old favorites and play it from beggining to end, I love replaying old games, but abstained from ff7 because I hated to lost Aerith and have no way to have her back, and this mod fixed that particular grievance of mine, so thanks a lot. :)

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: 2019-09-08 03:25:44 »
Is there a list of all the bosses that can successfully be morphed? I wouldn't want to know what they turn into, but just if it's possible.

It's pretty difficult (and occasionally frustrating) to morph the bosses, especially with the increased difficulty. Kind of has made me dread boss fights because I'll put in so much effort, maybe even accidentally kill them because of a surprise crit or counter attack and have to redo it, just to find out they don't even turn into anything.

Would be cool if Sense could say whether an enemy was morph-able, but I get that probably isn't an option.

In the files downloaded, and if you aren't using the version in 7th heaven, you can find an excel with all that information. Pretty usefull.

---------------

A question,
 I just killed the chocobo from Kalm and the old man gave me the 3 fakes materias. It gave me again the long range materia and the Desert Rose and Earth Harp. The reward here depend what materia I touch to trigger the battle? In that case, what are the others rewards?

And I guess I finished all extra content. Pretty fun them all. Only Sephi left.

I don't have enough words to praise this mod. In many cases it made the history more comfortable to read and follow the events. And battles were so much fun. Thanks to do this.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-08 03:29:46 by vegetamaker »

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: 2019-09-08 07:49:36 »
Potential improvement feedback on the mod. I realize there is 'arrange mode' so some balance thoughts here are maybe being too stringent.

Here's the most important ones first:

- In the special 'dark cave' at the end you can go out the top door and end up exiting out of ancient forest on the world map and being trapped!

- I've noticed loading up lots of counter attack, cmd counter+deathblow, added effect+hades is causing a soft lock when hades succeeds sometimes. Dunno if that is the mod or just a FF7 glitch. :(

- I kept getting soft locks with multi-target enemies using w-magic + quadra magic + ultima, maybe just a FF7 bug.

- I kept getting soft locks on multi-target enemies with command counter + 4x cuts linked, again maybe just a FF7 bug.

The rest:

- A lot of documentation says LV5 suicide which is now renamed quarry fuse, could be confusing

- Alpha & Magnitude8 are still listed as enemy skills, chronocure is missing

- Chronocure could be explained a little better that its based off gametime (I think?)

- Seems like this mod tried hard to make MP valuable since ether is 1500 and you get osmose as a primary way of MP by syphoning from enemies. One trick I realized was once I get Cait Sith, I can use osmose on him as his MP regenerates and get two strong MP pools.

- Since Fort Condor battles are emphasized and it says like 'you need at least 3000 gil', it would help to clarify that you don't actually give funds to the dude at the lookout shack. I never understood that.

- It would be nice if Fort Condor mentioned upfront there was nothing unique to lose, I grinded thru all those as I wasn't sure if anything good was there.

- Where is the thing list - "MP Plus: Ziegfried Encounter OR Temple of the Ancients" < Could be more descriptive to say where Ziegfried is found.

- Before temple of the ancients after cait sith betrayal theres a fort condor alert but the quickwarp guy isn't there

- If you could get a 'quit to main menu' feature in the game that would be amazing instead of quitting/relaunching the game or trying to suicide.

- You tried super hard to fix the storyline disaster that was Cait Sith's sacrifice XD Thanks

- Chocobuckle could probably use some elaboration on the document too, it just said "feed greens" which didn't work. I researched: it has to be 3 mimett greens first then do L5 (quarry mine) and that did it for me.

- I feel like Midgar zolom could maybe be stronger, I found I could break the game wide open after temple by grinding thru Zolom quickly with 300 AP + double AP equipment + using gil plus after Temple of The Ancients.

- The special fight in the temple was great. Also I was surprised demons gate was much easier than I anticipated, maybe I am just a good preparer...

- A condor fight right at disc 2 swap but before the big battle isn't announced by the special messenger popup, I know b/c I went to Fort Condor anyway, or maybe I pre-empted a notice

- The sunken gelnika engine room has a yellow orb showing that you can't pick up (?) I thought this is because its double cut pickup which was moved... should put something there if the yellow orb can't be removed. Another joke like the W-Item bit? :)

- I found myself digging up infinite copies of Bahamut Zero from bone village disc 3, maybe because I went from v1.4 to v1.5 after Midgar though.

- Maybe I missed the note, but couldn't figure out how to change party leader for sidequests without doing a lot of searching for answers out of game. The New Threat NPC guy should say something about that like the README.

- On crater right path, the spiral going down shows a treasure chest on the next screen until you get there and it turns into a save point, kinda confusing.

- In Cid quest the Tiny Bronco backyard shows a rocket in background. Unavoidable I'm sure. Maybe a bit of funny dialogue explaining that.

- Dragon force enemy skill caption says "trade defence" >> "trade defense"

- For some reason Cid's hyper jump just showed him standing still with animations coming out, tried equipping different weapons. This was crater at endgame I was grinding out limits so I just wanted to see it.

- Somehow I broke Cid's big brawl at some point. I think when I gave him slash all. Ever since, I just see him running around the enemy and no damage numbers come out, although it does damage. It image skips enemies dying and shows fight won too.

- When I do the Yuffie partyjoin fight, near the end she says something like 'I'll have to use THIS' and the ground turns into a massive hole, but I never saw anything else. I felt maybe the animation broke. Not quite sure what that is.

- At the ultimate weapon smith it says you don't have the items needed if something required equipped, should note that maybe?

- If you could somehow make Golden Saucer prize redemption include batches like 5x 10x etc. for the smaller items it would be nice. Something like ethers, x-potions, turbo ethers, elixers, or rarer utility items like sun curtain would be nice.

- Maybe best for a separate mod, but someone should really tone down that Ultima sound effect with something else

- Nemesis can be frogged!

- Emerald / Ruby / Endgame was crazy easy with Yuffie's final weapon and Cid piling on counter attacks & cover with his final weapon.

- Kalm traveler says hes giving you a gold chocobo and its actually gray, could maybe add some funny dialogue explaining that. I checked the farm and it was gold as promised in the text.

- Oh, lastly, I realized in the 'dark cave' re-run that I DID miss the sense materia early game lol. Gahhh!

...and in the immortal words of the Highwind conference room guy: "Thank you for a job well done!" *salute*

p.s. Long live the immortal X-ATM Scorpion XD

BTW here is an updated list of Enemy Skills to utilize:
Code: [Select]
Frog Song Quarry Fuse
Magic Hammer White Wind
Big Guard Mustard Bomb
Dragon Force Death Force
Antipode Laser
Matra Magic Bad Breath
Beta Aqualung
Trine Magic Breath
???? Goblin Punch
Chocobuckle Deathcharge
Death Sentence Chronocure
Shadow Flare Pandora's Box
« Last Edit: 2019-09-08 08:31:54 by lakecityransom »

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: 2019-09-08 08:36:30 »
Thanks! Yes, I realized that I just had loaded the wrong save and my immunities did work against the breath/pollen attacks.

I am now on disc 3 and wanted to know: Are any of the items that are required to craft ultimate weapons able to be missed and therefore lock you out of acquiring them? Or are all of them farmable in northern crater / quest drops?

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: 2019-09-08 08:40:33 »
Also in regards to crafting:
 noticed that you can craft the Masamune? Wasn't sure if this referrs to the unusable dummy weapon in the sephiroth flashback for purposes such as a 100% item completion (noticed the famed Battery drops in many instances) , or if it just made a copy of the new 100% critical gun for Vincent? Would like to know before I farm all the oversoul shards required for it. Both Powersoul and Vincenet's Masamune have been able to break a lot of fights that were normally tough.