Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 486971 times)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
Re: 7thHeaven
« Reply #150 on: 2013-08-03 14:10:59 »

Be very careful messing with this right now. I just somehow lost my entire mod folder with everything I had.Needed a drink of water, was pretty funny. :-P Bit shocked at the moment.
And I don't mean my in game mod folder. I mean the folder I had all my downloaded mods stored in. Omzy's field pack, rare files, everything. Gone.
I attempted to run it with the Library import from folder pointed at the folder now missing, it said I had no mods activated and poof.

Edit: Of course it wasn't likely it was totally poof, but I did go ahead and panic a little. You can't blame me. So I found all my stuff in a new folder within a folder "7thHeaven" in the FF7 directory itself. The folder everything was in had a randomized-seeming name: "8eb262c4-b088-4c71-baf5-867d29f34ba6_FF7Mods". Cruel trick my friend! OK, so on with the testing, after backing up the rest of my stuff online haha, should have done that a while ago, now my SSD will die before upload completes because Murphy's Law.

Ah - I see how that happened ... the normal download procedure deletes the downloaded zip/7z/whatever after it installs it into the 7th Heaven folder (of course). Obviously the manual install shouldn't do that, will change it ;)  But yes, it does copy them into the library folder, so not completely lost.

However you also made me think - I expect your import hasn't worked properly, because it is expecting you to import one mod at a time. If you point it at a folder full of mods, that isn't likely to work. I should probably make sure that works too!

I can't configure my mods or start the game with them:
Code: [Select]
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.RuntimeVar.MakeRuntimeVar(String spec, String value) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\RuntimeVar.cs:Zeile 0.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.CRuntimeVar.Init(XmlNode source, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 396.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.Conditional.Load(XmlNode source, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 378.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.ConditionalFolder..ctor(XmlNode node, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 355.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.ModInfo.Load(XmlDocument doc, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 250.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.ModInfo..ctor(String filePath, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 240.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.ProfileItem.GetRuntime(LoaderContext context) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Profile.cs:Zeile 69.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.<bLaunch_Click>b__62(ProfileItem i) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 598.
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 593.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Ah, I know what that is - I forgot to include the .var file which lists conditional variables.

Again, next version will fix that (probably later today since you have found issues already!). For now, if you copy the .var file from your 7thWrapper install into the 7thHeaven folder, and rename it 7thHeaven.var I hope that will fix it?

(EDIT: It may not fix it. New version coming soon...)
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 14:13:40 by Iros »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2013-08-03 14:28:29 »
I'm really liking this, Iros! I mean... it's really slick. I have been able to get the game to run fine with mods included. I also got the pastebin subscription to load up. Here's how it turned out:

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2013-08-03 14:35:22 »
Glad to hear it works! It should be able to download files from Mega directly, but ... I did wonder if that part would work reliably. I can connect fine, but it is complicated, so I did think a pastebin link might be necessary just in case.

Version 1.01:  https://mega.co.nz/#!aUQWULDK!S22_vk_mCQaJC9VRKuplpE2LgyhAKCMnwVOKtVRT0yM

-Import mod copies instead of moving files
-Added .var file back in and load it into mods that use runtime vars correctly

I have remembered, if you have the 'auto import mods' option ticked, then just putting a mod folder into the 7thHeaven is enough to make it show up, so you don't need to import manually then. But an import option is still needed to do it manually.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2013-08-03 14:40:03 »
If you are having any difficulty with Iros's host, use Internet Explorer instead.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #154 on: 2013-08-03 14:47:10 »
That looks awesome. I wont be able to try it just yet so I'll probably end up just using the next version you mentioned. The catalog feature is a great idea. I don't think I'd use it for the avatars and stuff like that, but I get that was just for a demonstration. I think it would be great for stuff like keeping mods up to date, like 7thheaven notifies you that Kaldarasha updated his mod pack and offers to install it.

So how does it work with moving the mod folder? I mostly only plan to use the wrapper for game models, otherwise I already have everything installed from bootleg and I add everything else like Bloodshots and EQ2Alyza into the ff7\mod folder. I assume it still works with just the wrapped folder with my selected mods, but Templates post kind of concerned me. My final fantasy\ff7mods folder has stuff in it I don't load with the wrapper, and it also has a copy of my fmv pack so it's pretty big with everything else, so I don't want anything to just be automatically moved. Can it still just be set up as final fantasy\ff7 mods\7thheaven and final fantasy\ff7 mods\wrapped, with the .iro files?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 14:50:01 by cmh175 »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2013-08-03 14:53:01 »
I posted the updated version above :)

Now when you import, it copies the mods in and leaves in the original location too. You only do this with mods that you were using with 7thWrapper, that you want to import into the new version, though.

Basically you would have ff7\7thHeaven that contained all your mods (that work with the wrapper). The only reason to keep the old 'wrapped' folder would be so you could go back to that if there was a problem with the new version.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2013-08-03 14:56:51 »
I posted the updated version above :)

Now when you import, it copies the mods in and leaves in the original location too. You only do this with mods that you were using with 7thWrapper, that you want to import into the new version, though.

Basically you would have ff7\7thHeaven that contained all your mods (that work with the wrapper). The only reason to keep the old 'wrapped' folder would be so you could go back to that if there was a problem with the new version.
First time opened 1.01 I got a fatal exception, was looking for 7thHeaven folder inside game directory, which I had deleted (not sure why I did that, OCD). Made a new folder there named 7thHeaven and app opened without error. I wanna say it's getting to that point where it's making registry entries that version changes will affect? If installer assistance is needed I would ask DLPB, but I cannot imagine you needing help doing an installer.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 15:00:55 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #157 on: 2013-08-03 15:00:20 »
Oh ok cool. That I like. Down the line I was wondering if it was possible to have a gui for configuring .iro's. It's understandable right now, but there's a bit of a learning curve, so those who don't have much scripting experience aren't as likely to use it as much, or to it's full potential. I'll admit this includes myself lol.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2013-08-03 15:05:27 »
First time opened 1.01 I got a fatal exception, was looking for 7thHeaven folder inside game directory, which I had deleted (not sure why I did that, OCD). Made a new folder there named 7thHeaven and app opened without error. I wanna say it's getting to that point where it's making registry entries that version changes will affect? If installer assistance is needed I would ask DLPB, but I cannot imagine you needing help doing an installer.

Ah, that is a good point, people might want to move their mod folder ... the settings window can cope with it fine, obviously the main window can't. Will fix in a next release.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2013-08-03 15:13:18 »
I still really like the idea of having a way to hit launch from a desktop icon without having to enter the GUI, once you have this all dialed in. I am having a blast testing this over coffee this morning... I bet it's getting late over there, though. I guess Auckland (just based on your host) and its 3:00AM lol
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 15:20:06 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2013-08-03 16:08:49 »
The previous pic feature for the mod settings doesn't work anymore. I also could need a explanation of the Mod Generator Assistant.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2013-08-03 20:57:32 »
The previous pic feature for the mod settings doesn't work anymore. I also could need a explanation of the Mod Generator Assistant.

Yes :(  because the new version expects preview images to live at an URL it doesn't work to load them in from an archive. I will correct this in the next version.

Mod Generator: First, see the catalog.xml I created as an example at http://pastebin.com/Rct9XwiQ

The mod generator screen just helps generate the XML for a mod so you can create a catalog file easily. The meaning of the fields is...

1) Mod fields:

ID: A unique GUID, the mod generator will create this for you.
Author: Author's name
Link: Link to a webpage about the mod
Name: Name of mod. Keep it short to fit on screen.
Description: Longer description of mod.
Tags: List of tags to help users search for mods. Haven't set any specific values that you can put in here yet...
LatestVersion: Details of current version available for download see below.

2) LatestVersion fields:

Version: Version number. When looking to see if a newer version is ready, the program looks to see if the number in the catalog file, is higher than the version number installed. So number must go up each time an update is released :)
ReleaseDate: Date version was released. Format should be like my example file...
CompatibleGameVersions: Original, Rerelease, Steam or All. My idea is for the program to work out what FF7 release you have installed so you know what mods will work with it ... but, the field is not used yet :)
PreviewImage: URL for a preview image (http/https) for this mod.
ReleaseNotes: Information about what has changed in this update. Not used yet :)
Link: Location of mod file. See below.
ExtractSubFolder: See below.
ExtractInto: See below.

3) File downloads.

Link for downloads (and for catalog files) can be in 3 different formats:

a) HTTP/HTTPS link. Format:

iros://Url/<link>

<link> is the http link, but with the "://" part replaced with "$". The pastebin catalog link I posted is an example :)

b) Google Drive link. Format like:

iros://GDrive/<fileID>

Most of the downloads in the sample catalog file are like this.

c) Mega shared folder link. Format:

iros://MegaSharedFolder/<folderID>,<fileID>,<fileName>

FolderID is the shared folder ID string. Then specify EITHER the fileID OR the fileName. I recommend just using fileName because finding out the FileID is difficult. The Mega catalog link I posted before is an good example :)

The program expects that the file that is downloaded will be either:

a) an IRO file. Simple, it is installed directly.
b) a ZIP/RAR/7Z file containing a SINGLE .iro file. The file is extracted and installed.
c) a ZIP/RAR/7Z file containing many other files (PNGs, TEXs, .....). So like a mod folder just zipped up. For this:
   - if "ExtractSubFolder" is set, it extracts only files from inside that particular folder inside the zip
   - if "ExtractInto" is set, it extracts the files into this particular subfolder inside the mod directory.

ExtractSubFolder is useful if your ZIP contains files that are not useful for the mod and you only need some of the files from the ZIP.

ExtractInto is useful if your ZIP has not got the right folder structure for 7thHeaven. Like if your avatar files are just inside the ZIP with no folder names, you need to extract them into a folder called "menu_us.lgp" for the wrapper to work.

Hope that explains it! Please say if any questions.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2013-08-03 22:46:23 »
All Qhimm activity stops while everyone learns 7thHeaven. :-D

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2013-08-04 00:56:10 »
Wow! This tool takes nearly all of the frustration out of modding ff7. I see all of these cool mods but have not been influenced enough to relearn to unpack lgps, deal with transferring files and all of the other headaches that modding this game brings.

A couple of things that I noticed while testing out v1.01
--URL links to mods do nothing when I click them
--I think it would be less confusing at first glance and require less clicking if all of the tags were checked by default in Library and Catalog
--After I enter a Subscription link in settings and choose to Check Subscriptions Now, I have to click somewhere inside the downloads window to initiate the update, I found that somewhat confusing
--The app crashes when I try to use the subscription link: iros://MegaSharedFolder/#F!DYQWTZ7B!FWil2nif2HQF_Dr7RxvOLA,,catalog.xml

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2013-08-04 10:24:04 »

A couple of things that I noticed while testing out v1.01
--URL links to mods do nothing when I click them
--I think it would be less confusing at first glance and require less clicking if all of the tags were checked by default in Library and Catalog
--After I enter a Subscription link in settings and choose to Check Subscriptions Now, I have to click somewhere inside the downloads window to initiate the update, I found that somewhat confusing
--The app crashes when I try to use the subscription link: iros://MegaSharedFolder/#F!DYQWTZ7B!FWil2nif2HQF_Dr7RxvOLA,,catalog.xml

Thanks for bug reports. I can't reproduce the crash using the Mega subscription link, does this happen to anyone else? Same with having to click in the downloads window, the subscription update runs fine for me without clicking into downloads :/

New version released, v1.021:  https://mega.co.nz/#!XVgHDTAK!JyzbrnXfvsDT3Gqh-QgPfktlWIIsU9Mr5zACoaKrs3A

-Import author/image from existing mods
-Fix download error with two mods sharing same image
-Fix .iro import (again)
-Update tags list after downloading new catalog
-Add select all option to tag list
-Fix crash on load if library folder missing
-Add command line parameters
-Add crash dialog so errors can be reported...

I still really like the idea of having a way to hit launch from a desktop icon without having to enter the GUI, once you have this all dialed in. I am having a blast testing this over coffee this morning... I bet it's getting late over there, though. I guess Auckland (just based on your host) and its 3:00AM lol

The command line parameters in the newversion should do this. If you create a shortcut to 7thHeaven.exe with a parameter of /LAUNCH it will run the game automatically. If you run it with /LAUNCH /QUIT it will launch the game then exit so the program is not still around.

(EDIT: Updated download again, image display problem :/ )
« Last Edit: 2013-08-04 10:36:49 by Iros »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2013-08-04 12:00:38 »
I don't know if this is related to the mega subscription crash but I have issues with this host in firefox. The very first time I downloaded 7thwrapper it worked fine, every time after I get weird flashes on my screen as it downloads the file, then it wont let me have it because:

There is no icon to allow anything anymore...
Internet explorer grabs stuff from your host without problems, however.
Here's the crash report from the mega subscription:
Code: [Select]
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'mega.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.IrosInit(IntPtr callbacks, String email, String pass)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.ThreadSpin(Object o) in C:\Iros\IrosMega\MegaIros.cs:line 506
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
Can't get back into the application at all after that. Copying new files over I still get same crash on instant.
It's a surprise when it has all the filepaths filled out for you already and it's pointing at my Steam install instead of my regular modded install :P But it's pretty unusual to have 2 versions of the game installed I suppose.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-04 12:32:23 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2013-08-04 12:46:46 »
Ah, the Mega subscription thing I may have an idea about ... there was a DLL (cryptopp.dll) I included in the first v1.00 download but forgot to put into v1.01 / v1.02 :( So copying that over may help. Will try and remember to put it in the next version download.

Can't explain your Firefox problems, I'm afraid...

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2013-08-04 13:15:40 »
there was a DLL (cryptopp.dll) I included in the first v1.00 download but forgot to put into v1.01 / v1.02 :( So copying that over may help.
This was already included with most recent version, I tried to overwrite from 1.00 but they were the same size and it didn't affect the outcome. I get the mega crash if I try to open 7thHeaven.

I think I am about done with Firefox. Maybe.

Sorry for constantly breaking your program, Iros. I'm clumsy like that in real life, too.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2013-08-04 13:20:28 »
It was? Huh. Serves me right for not checking properly.

I am puzzled then  ???  It's complaining about mega.dll being missing - that is in the download already, so I thought maybe it was missing cryptopp.dll (which mega.dll needs to work), but I guess not.

To reset the settings for the program if you go into C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop then there will be a number of files ... deleting settings.xml will reset the configuration so you can start the progam again. (Path may be slightly different depending on Windows version I think.)

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2013-08-04 13:30:56 »
Hehe, It's even in a hidden folder! ...and I was looking through the registry. So I guess it doesn't change or make any registry keys at all? I wonder if version swapping has been my issue and if I delete all those files in the 7thWorkshop and have the program make new ones it'll work? I'll just delete settings.xml and stop worrying about subscriptions for now.
Works fine but... delay got a bit longer. I think there's probably a big advantage to creating iro files out of our foldered mods huh, like the way motorball revamp is by default? Would turning the mods folder into an .iro file make it load faster? Is that a crazy idea?

Also: How do you set it up to run through the 2012 unconverted version?

« Last Edit: 2013-08-04 15:02:05 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2013-08-04 14:36:31 »
Packing a folder into an .iro file will help speed up loading if the mods alters lots of files. The motorball mod isn't very many files, I think? so probably not so important.

How slow is it to load things, and which mods are you using?

Also: How do you set it up to run through the 2012 unconverted version?

Point the setting at FF7_Launcher.exe and run it :)  Obviously will only work with LGP type mods, since there is no Aali driver, PNGs etc. won't load.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2013-08-04 14:56:34 »
Packing a folder into an .iro file will help speed up loading if the mods alters lots of files. The motorball mod isn't very many files, I think? so probably not so important.
Surprising amount of data here. I noticed an increased delay adding this new mod to Kaldarasha's(which had very little at all) on your old layout.
Now the delay is quite a bit larger 3-5 seconds, and I am using the same mods as on the previous layout, when it was a fraction of a second. No biggie.

Point the setting at FF7_Launcher.exe and run it :)  Obviously will only work with LGP type mods, since there is no Aali driver, PNGs etc. won't load.
Darn, guess it doesn't work for STEAM. I don't have a 2012 install on my machine at the moment to test this. For STEAM it just opens the launcher and sits there.
Edit: Deactivating the imported from folder Motorball Revamp cut the delay at startup to nil.
Edit2: The second photo is as far as I've got with the generator, which I think has awesome written all over it, as far as a collector type person is concerned. I am interested in learning more about hosting a subscription and maintaining these xml files easily with the generator. I was looking for the utility to create .iro files. Is it tucked into the generator? I may have missed it.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-04 16:35:08 by Template »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #172 on: 2013-08-04 16:42:40 »
Iros i really like this but unfortunately i have been unable to get it to function correctly via wine.  further explaining can be seen here

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2013-08-04 16:48:49 »
Were you able to get 7thWrapper to work? Because am I not sure whether the code injection will work under Wine - if that doesn't work, then there is not a good reason to fix anything else. No code injection means the program has no point...

If you did get 7thwrapper working, though, then I suppose the injection works, and it is just the 7thHeaven GUI that there are problems with. Might be able to tweak that.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2013-08-04 17:05:55 »
I really want to get a handle on packing the .iro files themselves. If I understood it and felt confident that was going to be the standard in the future, I would be busy packing mods into iros. I was almost anticipating a wizard of some sort for that, because everything about this is so slick and easy for the user, but a little more difficult for adapting new mods to .iro form as Kaldarasha did... Let's face it... we're not all on you guys' level.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-04 17:11:28 by Template »