Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7. Not Happy. SPOILERS!  (Read 31143 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7. Not Happy. SPOILERS!
« Reply #50 on: 2019-05-15 01:05:23 »
I feel sorry for you guys who can't enjoy it. Must suck!

Not gonna lie, it sucks to be this disappointed. I can still enjoy "bad" movies, like, lets say, any MC movie, if I know what I'm in for. Just turn your brain off and enjoy the kabooms. The reason this doesn't work for GoT is how it started. If GoT had the same crappy writing since season 1 I could probably still enjoy it. IF I started watching it in the 1st place that is, which I probably wouldn't 'cause of the crappy writing.

I agree with DLPB. It's honestly depressing that entertainment like movies and TV shows can get away with bad writing like this. Show a dragoon destroy a city and your safe ("OMG so shocking!!"), logic and character motivation be damned.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2019-05-15 19:21:29 »
Not as much as realizing that the majority can because of their chronic lack of an IQ.  That depresses me far more.

The majority can enjoy it because there are far more important things taking place in their lives than a TV show. It's entertainment, it's not an important matter.. I see you bring up lack of IQ so often in your posts... You really believe yours is above average? "my opinion" "my review" "I would have done this" "I would have done that" no one gives a shit. Which TV show have you written? Which of your scripts have been given life? If your opinion carried any weight, you wouldn't have the need to share it on this forum while claiming everyone who disagrees with you only does so because they're not as intelligent. You're an extremely basic human being with an unjustified ego.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2019-05-16 00:58:35 »
I'd probably convince you even more if I spent my days crying about videogames and series online and insulting everyone who doesn't agree. You're basic. Your "LOW IQ Q.Q" posts are basic and you're not half as smart as you think you are, which is a common occurrence for idiots.

Edit: Don't give yourself an headache trying to come back with an intelligent response that ends up requiring as many edits as your IQ number (see? we can all do it, it's easy shit). You've been given more of my time than you were ever worth and therefore, I'm done.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-16 01:05:17 by -Ric- »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2019-05-16 09:22:50 »
Not worth it
« Last Edit: 2019-05-16 09:55:13 by olearyf2525 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2019-05-16 16:46:46 »
Warnings issued. Grow up, guys; we aren't ten year olds and we shouldn't be acting like it.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-17 12:06:51 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: 2019-05-17 12:10:13 »
Hopefully the momentum isn't killed yet, and we can continue to discuss our maaaaany thoughts on this beloved series. I'm just waiting until the series finale to chime in on my disappointments.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2019-05-17 12:57:34 »
I'm just waiting until the series finale to chime in on my disappointments.
You've got more patience than these half-million (and counting) people  :-P

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #57 on: 2019-05-18 17:29:45 »
Hopefully the momentum isn't killed yet, and we can continue to discuss our maaaaany thoughts on this beloved series. I'm just waiting until the series finale to chime in on my disappointments.

This mentality is good to have in general. I've seen many premature judgements bite them in the a** later. But in the case of GoT I think it is reasonable beyond any doubt that they can't possibly salvage the story. There is too much damage done. There have to be a miracle.

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2019-05-19 00:29:57 »
GRRM will probably die before he releases WOW, and we'll have to deal with his estate (like Tolkein's) stringing us along for decades. Or maybe they'll hire D&D to flesh it out with spinoffs?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2019-05-19 01:24:21 »
Best case scenario is they hire Brandon Sanderson to finish it like they did with the wheel of time series.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2019-05-19 02:58:09 »
GRRM will probably die before he releases WOW, and we'll have to deal with his estate (like Tolkein's) stringing us along for decades. Or maybe they'll hire D&D to flesh it out with spinoffs?
Couldn't be any worse than what Frank Herbert's boy did with "Dune"

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2019-05-19 15:56:49 »
Couldn't be any worse than what Frank Herbert's boy did with "Dune"
Don't remind me, I'm handling sharp objects right now.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #62 on: 2019-05-20 17:02:29 »
The best thing about the last episode is that it wasn't the worst episode.
Welp, at least someone got rich writing bad fan-fiction.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #63 on: 2019-05-20 22:20:27 »
Wow.  That was a painful ending. So so bad.  Worthless writers.
It's OK, it's over now! I loved it. Have fun waiting for your books :D

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #64 on: 2019-05-20 22:44:32 »
...or maybe I'm just not as precious about it as you are?

You should learn to lighten up and enjoy things, you'll have a better life for it.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2019-05-20 23:40:40 »
Is it too much to ask that the things we watch at least make some sort of sense?  Take BSG, for example...  FTL, great.  But why when a battlestar jumps while in orbit, do the flames of the burning shipyard get sucked in??  Hello, people... it's already a vacuum!

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2019-05-21 12:53:21 »
I appreciated Firefly a lot for Summer Glau.
FTFY  8-)

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2019-05-21 23:40:59 »
The worst for me is that there is zero development of the night king, never said a word? Villain development is like writing 101, so much potential.. I really wanted to know his back story and why he used that spiral symbol all the time. Just this has the potential for a complete season in the hands of good writers... and Jon never got to fight him.. How is there not a single white walker fight? this make no sense.. is on porpuse for a spnioff or something?

I don't feel that bad about the actors but I really feel for the Art crew, an Arty man myself, I know all the effort they gave for every detail, all of it down the drain.

Here you know even he knows he had no idea what to do, hes looking down in shame with a very insecure voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoHDU0T44I
Is true this writers are doing the next Star Wars? Oh man.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 00:46:12 by destroyedweapon »

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2019-05-22 11:51:45 »
Yes, but why. This is a dream job for any writer. All I can think of is that the original author got sick of their personal twists and just left them in the dark for this to happen, maybe they even had several fights. They just didn't know where to go on their own. I blame HBO really, they have to listen to the original author, and if he wanted the writers gone than thats what you have to do. Don't they have a team of senior writers to review whatever script thats handed to them, this are all amateur writer mistakes.

The Night King logic.. If I die we loose so I'm just gonna step in the middle of my enemys base when im perfectly capable of sending my generals and undead practically forever from my ice castle. This is just as unsatisfying as Madara in Naruto.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 12:49:06 by destroyedweapon »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #69 on: 2019-05-23 04:02:32 »
It's OK, it's over now! I loved it. Have fun waiting for your books :D

Good that you liked it, not trying to take that away, but what do you think about the writing for the last 2-3 seasons? I mean, it's possible to enjoy a show but still acknowledge the writing is bad, lacking, etc. One of my favorite movies is The Room. That movie is bad at a level beyond human comprehension. It was made by an alien after all.

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2019-05-23 16:38:47 »
It seems so, they are the ones who started inventing things and then they r too lazy to wrap it up. No wonder Sansa always felt off for me, it was their move. I guess their excuse was "thats not good TV George, we know whats good TV".

In fact, even the actress herself has made comment about how silly that is.
Yes, in the back of the scenes of the slaughter episode she says something like "they want me to appear dead for second and then recover, but the audience is too smart for that..." she also appears with a very insecure posture.
The writers also actually say they wanted her there only so you would care more for that scene, not for plot. They just thought of "cool scenes" not the story as a whole, leaving this mess behind.

I mean, it's possible to enjoy a show but still acknowledge the writing is bad, lacking, etc. One of my favorite movies is The Room. That movie is bad at a level beyond human comprehension. It was made by an alien after all.
The thing is we spected something deep but we got something empty just for easy entertaiment and laziness, I guess I also blame cocain for their inflated ego.
One thing is if you start watching something you know is bad just out of curiosity or fun or because some aspects of it you like, another is to have quality that turns to emptiness in the end.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 17:45:59 by destroyedweapon »

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2019-05-23 21:34:58 »
I can only imagine what they said for the final episode because for some reason there is no back of the scenes for that one, no wonder after the "kinda forgot.." fiasco.

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2019-05-23 22:18:43 »
At least the comments on the videos are halarius. "Pu$$y game so bad it made him cross a whole continent for his sister's cooch", "Jamie had post-nut clarity".

Also here another massive plot fail I haven't thought of yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yf7QtvjtEI

White Walkers can't touch you or they'll freeze you... he grabs Arya by the neck.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 22:52:59 by destroyedweapon »

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2019-05-24 03:12:03 »
Also here Daenerys Storms King's Landing, but to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHlCiB98N4

Just tryin' to make the best out of this, is right on sync, well done.