Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3036801 times)

Melancholy

• View Profile
DLPB, you can ignore my following post.

'Good Chocobo', 'Great Chocobo', and 'Wonderful Chocobo' are not titles and are incorrect any way you slice it (if it were 'Choco the Great' it would be a different story), the others are debatable (in which your opinion is wrong  :P)

the reason i brought this up in the first place is because when you talk to chole and get the notes it actually gets a bit ridiculous IMO, "Breed the Good Chocobo with Great Chocobo with the Carob Nut and you get Mountain Chocobo and River Chocobo, breed those two and you get a Mountain and River Chocobo in the Backyard with the Shovel and the Huge Materia"
I could not disagree with this more. Maybe title isn't the correct word. Think of them as classifications or ratings. It's not just a good chocobo, it is a chocobo that is rated as 'Good'. Therefore, this chocobo is classed as 'Good Chocobo'. Or this chocobo is rated to be able to cross rivers, therefore it is given the 'River Chocobo' classification.

In that sense, the sentence that you posted reads perfectly fine. "Breed the Good Chocobo with the Great Chocobo..." means that you need to breed a chocobo with a Good rating with a chocobo scored as Great. It's not some squishy feeling of 'well I think this looks like a pretty good chocobo' that would confuse a new player, it's a rank the chocobo must be at.

I could see an argument to not capitalize the word chocobo (I wouldn't agree with it, but I would understand it). But I cannot see the logic in not capitalizing the rating of the chocobo.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-06 01:11:06 by Melancholy »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There isn't even a debate to be had.  It's grammatically correct, especially for a game. 
« Last Edit: 2020-04-06 06:35:25 by DLPB »

usb

• View Profile
Before the final battle with Sephiroth, when you need to create 3 battle group, the PHS has the submenu box (in this case it's not disturbing like the save submenu box)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-06 11:09:50 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
got a pic to make sure I see same thing

usb

• View Profile
got a pic to make sure I see same thing
It's the "reform" box... maybe it can be left as an aid in what's going on

Agravaile

• View Profile
I personally think that the reform box is, if not intended, at least looks right in comparison to save box after end of disk.

usb

• View Profile
I personally think that the reform box is, if not intended, at least looks right in comparison to save box after end of disk.
I agree

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
it's normal.  it's there without reunion.  why is that a bug?

usb

• View Profile
it's normal.  it's there without reunion.  why is that a bug?
Only because i was thinking that reunion removed every submenu boxes in the corner.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-06 14:26:08 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
load and save are still there.  File definitely is.  it's not part of the drop down menu.  :)

usb

• View Profile
load and save are still there.  File definitely is.  it's not part of the drop down menu.  :)
oh, right.. forgot load/save, thanks

This is a ff7 bug (not reunion i know it's a little off topic) but i'm interested if you know the cause: the gigantic cloud upside down in mt corel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJbI4NiHNw
Maybe it has been already discussed here but i can't find the post

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
discuss it on bug thread.  no known cause.    it's also in the database already.

Agravaile

• View Profile
Sorry for bringing up the Nibel issue again, but will any Hotfix our r06e will be released anytime soon to fix the crash issue?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
There isn't even a debate to be had.  It's grammatically correct, especially for a game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_river_otter

https://animals.mom.me/habitat-river-rat-3799.html

https://www.nwf.org/Educational-Resources/Wildlife-Guide/Mammals/Mountain-Lion

how come in all instances: river otter, river rat, and mountain lion are all not capitalized? (except when mountain lion is literally the title of the page)
and this isn't even considering the Goods, Greats, and Wonderfuls which are even MORE wrong

but thats actually not why i came to post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPUONzpLtlLoaQurQVT9EIp5IhzFeUn2/view?usp=sharing

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Because they're not in a game where you acquire those things - and it wouldn't be grammatically wrong if they were capitalized.  They're also not rare. Poems often place commas in totally inappropriate places too - grammar laws are not something set in stone.  They just have to be consistent in the work - as mine are.  The issue you're having here is that you believe what I've done is grammatically wrong and I'm telling you factually it isn't. I'll say no more on it. 

By your logic, all items should be lower case also.  "carob nut" etc.  But again - this is an item.  This is a game.  This is an artistic choice.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 00:26:22 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile

but thats actually not why i came to post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPUONzpLtlLoaQurQVT9EIp5IhzFeUn2/view?usp=sharing

I believe it has to be UI problem, not Reunions. At least in my case, without altering the default UI, cursor never behaved like that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm thinking it is Reunion's fault.  Will investigate tomorrow.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
I believe it has to be UI problem, not Reunions. At least in my case, without altering the default UI, cursor never behaved like that.

those bars arent really a UI mod, just thin bars (by Covarr?) for the dialog boxes

i also used reshade to add a touch of filmgrain and some reshading (obviously) to satsuki's background mod, looks sick, no?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 01:59:25 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Number 1

1. 60fps mode 1, after Aerith launchs Bio magic, no damage was shown (Boss after meeting Priscilla)

Are you sure it's only battle mode 60fps?  Bio is now changed to be be a property and status separately - as it was intended.  If you have protection v attribute but not status - that's why.  It's a bug fix.  The original game had it wrong.  Then again, damage should still show 0.  I'll check tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 01:37:19 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Your bug report is not accurate enough, Kuraudo. 

I dunno who is using Bio against whom

I dunno if you mean zero damage or no damage display.

I dunno if this happens once or more than once

I dunno if this is definitely unique to 60fps.

You've also got Star Pendant equipped.  See above as to whether this is a bug or not and provide clearer bug report.

Damage displays fine v the boss for me.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 01:46:20 by DLPB »

siboha

• View Profile
I installed Reunion R06d (on the Steam version of FFVII) but it didn't seem to change anything in the game. I dug around and the Reunion.log had more info saying "No valid registry entry was found". I looked in the bug tracker and there seems to be a related issue: Registry keys are not being read correctly in 64 bit versions of Windows - meaning Steam installs are not being detected.   

But it says is was "Fixed as of R06b and Hotfix 6". Has this reimerged with R06d or have I missed a fix? Thanks for any help.

1. Reunion installed but not changing the game (translation not applied). Can't find Steam install?
2. Happens every time
3. App.log is empty
4. Reunion.log:
The Reunion - R06d

Warning: No valid registry entry was found.
Are you sure Final Fantasy VII is installed properly and that this is a legitimate copy?
5. There is no crash.dmp
6. No save since there is no point in continuing that far
7. Not an audio issue
8. Intel i5-6600K
9. Windows 10 64-bit

usb

• View Profile
in md5_w there is this dialogue box when game moment is 1008  :-o

#xyh 100 16 2
NPC deactivated.
Game Progress has to be 1008.

in the vanilla flevel is
“Meteor's getting closer.
   You can hear it rumbling.”
{NEW PAGE}
“We don't do something about it
   and pretty soon it'll be…ker-blam!”
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 09:12:08 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Are you sure this is seen.  My notes indicate you cannot see it.  Please provide save if so.  You havent altered anything so that you are seeing something you shouldnt?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've also never seen that dialogue in my life.  :-o

usb

• View Profile
I've also never seen that dialogue in my life.  :-o
never seen.. i've only watched the field script and the dumped text. Maybe is wrong the if condition?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 09:14:29 by usb »