Author Topic: Voice acting in FF8  (Read 3949 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Voice acting in FF8
« on: 2010-06-05 03:24:40 »
I can't for the life of me find the link, but I know some people already went through and dubbed most, if not all of Final Fantasy 8.   Whatever site that was hosted on also had a pretty far along WIP of FF7.   If you can find it, maybe you could contact them and see if they wouldn't mind finishing up over here and letting you use what they've already recorded.

The only help I can give you is they recorded certain scenes, then dubbed over them on the video.   Really wish I could find the link...

idl12

• View Profile
Re: Voice acting in FF8
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-05 04:11:00 »
Not sure if this is what you meant  http://www.ffviiivoices.com/  It seems that they've dubbed quiet a bit of ff8.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-05 04:26:22 »
Unfortunately no.  I've searched these forums for the link (frankly I don't know where else I would have gotten it), but it's just not showing up.   Whatever the site was, I know they at least had a link to a similar FF7 project.   And I want to think there were also some other game projects.  I can't be sure though

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-05 22:34:28 »
Not sure if this is what you meant  http://www.ffviiivoices.com/  It seems that they've dubbed quiet a bit of ff8.

that's not how I imagined the cast of FF8 to sound like.Seifer and Squall just don't sound right. Squall most definitely would seem quieter than that. and not only that, they voice act like they're doing a play where they need to project their voice to an audience. this isn't the case; it's an fmv
« Last Edit: 2010-06-07 01:02:58 by OutFoxxed »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-09 15:33:00 »
Well Squall is a sociopath...so that has to be played properly. 

Soros

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-10 13:03:29 »
Not sure if this is what you meant  http://www.ffviiivoices.com/  It seems that they've dubbed quiet a bit of ff8.

I think they mixed up the voices on the first video...for some reason I was always under the impression that the bold text was Rinoa and the serif text was Squall...although I haven't played FF8 in a while...And besides, I always thought that opening works best with silence; emphasises the dream-like quality of it. Makes me think these guys wouldn't really know how to keep things "tasteful."

EDIT: By silence I mean no voice over...not complete silence.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-10 13:09:24 by Soros »

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-10 13:19:49 »
That FFVIII intro movie with voice over sounds... well, dull. What's the point of having people randomly saying "uh!", "ah!", "eh!", or "tehe!"? Really, it's beyond me.

natkoden

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-27 02:40:47 »
Amazing that someone is doing this.

Very appreciated!

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-27 18:03:19 »
That FFVIII intro movie with voice over sounds... well, dull. What's the point of having people randomly saying "uh!", "ah!", "eh!", or "tehe!"? Really, it's beyond me.
that really bugs me too. reminds me too much of dragon ball z lol

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-04 03:08:32 »

It's about adding detail to a scene and/or matching what's happening on screen, kinda odd to see a character laugh but have no sound coming out isn't it?