Author Topic: add old mod from bootleg to 7th heaven  (Read 1887 times)

drnick88101

• View Profile
add old mod from bootleg to 7th heaven
« on: 2019-12-25 10:46:40 »
I want to install the Aeris revival mod with 7th heaven. I found a working download link for it at https://archive.org/download/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-updated-11-24-2013/Aeris_Patch_23_March_2011.rar Can anyone please show me how to make a .IRO file for it so I can install with 7th heaven?

drnick88101

• View Profile
Re: add old mod from bootleg to 7th heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2019-12-26 23:26:42 »
I found this post http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17499.0
It basically gives the directions to make the .IRO file but it says I need to create 4 folders named "char" "battle" "world_us" and "Preview" and add the files to them.
The mod only has 2 folders, "char" and "flevel". can I make the .IRO file with just those 2 folders instead?

I also found a youtube post that said I could just put the folders in the direct folder in ff7 game folder. will that cause problems with 7th heaven?

thanks!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2019-12-27 00:27:41 »
Those 4 folders are specific to that mod, but Aeris Revival will work using the same method. You'll first want to create a root folder. Name this folder whatever you want, but Aeris Revival will work fine. Inside that folder, create the char and flevel subfolders and place the corresponding files inside them. It should look like this:

Aeris Revival (folder)
---char.lgp (folder)
------aeri.hrc
------***.a
---flevel.lgp (folder)
------ancnt1
------ancnt2
Preview
---preview.png (create this preview image yourself at a 425x225 resolution. this is optional though. the mod will work without a preview.)
mod.xml

The mod.xml is what assigns instructions for 7H on what to do in the Configure menu and ingame injection. Use this example and change it to reflect your folder names:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ModInfo>
  <ID></ID> 
  <Author></Author>
  <Version>Final</Version>
  <Link>https://archive.org/download/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-updated-11-24-2013/Aeris_Patch_23_March_2011.rar</Link>
  <PreviewFile>Previews\preview.png</PreviewFile>

==========Mod Folders==========

<ModFolder Folder="Aeris Revival"  ActiveWhen="AR = 1" />

==========Configuration==========

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>Bool</Type>
    <Default>1</Default>
    <ID>AR</ID>
    <Name>Aeris Revival</Name>
    <Description>Revives Aeris after her death and allows her to be playable the entire game.</Description>
    <Option Value="0" Name="Off" PreviewFile="Previews\off.png"/>
    <Option Value="1" Name="On" PreviewFile="Previews\on.png"/>
  </ConfigOption>

</ModInfo>

You can place the Char and Flevel folders in the direct folder, but anything 7H loads takes priority. So if you have 7H mods that also mod the char or flevel, then it will override anything placed in the direct folder. Direct folder is really meant as a quick way for modders to load and test their mods before compiling into an IRO for final release.

drnick88101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-12-27 01:12:40 »
ty so much for your help! one last question though, do I name the folders char.lgp and flevel.lfp or just char and flevel?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2019-12-27 02:42:25 »
Either will work, but I recommend .lgp names. Those will be injected within ff7\data, while without .lgp will inject within ff7\direct and requires direct mode = on in the ff7_opengl.cfg.

drnick88101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-12-27 03:30:15 »
Sorry to bug again. I created the file but when I try to activate it 7th heaven gives me this error:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Decimal.Parse(String s)
   at _7thWrapperLib.ModInfo.Load(XmlDocument doc, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:line 538
   at _7thWrapperLib.ModInfo..ctor(String filePath, LoaderContext ctx) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:line 533
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.GetModInfo(InstalledItem ii) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 900
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 806
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 920
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 200
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

drnick88101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-12-27 03:39:48 »
I uploaded to folder to google drive if that will help
https://drive.google.com/open?id=195Fw7GqabfniF2xIKCDss3zUm4kxfb4d