Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 571019 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #475 on: 2006-08-18 20:02:45 »
Yep, read the full sentence: TEMPORALLY stoped.

The Pezman

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2006-08-19 02:12:41 »
Question.

Is this patch meant to be used in tandem with the Battle > Field patch?  If it is, I think a patch should be made to encompass them both; will make it easier to install. 

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2006-08-19 18:57:35 »
This patch INCLUDES the Reunion's Battle > Field patch, except with some modifications to adjust some size issues.

Herpderp Mcderp

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2006-08-20 23:00:20 »
It works with Ultima! burn it!!!!!!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2006-08-20 23:17:52 »
It works with ultima because the patcher only remplace files it doesn't do any file check ... exept the files that the patcher will change and... even if it's working with ultima it doesn't mean we like the idea of piracy ...

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #480 on: 2006-08-20 23:37:12 »
Offtopic: I don't know why, but I've just started considering adding some cdcheck to coming patches...

Herpderp Mcderp

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2006-08-20 23:40:45 »
haha i'm doign an experiment with dual install trying to see how much  of the stuff in these forums that works on my retail install will work oin my ultima :p. I jsut like that ultima is pre-patched to work with xp and chocobo. btw file checks should NOT exist because whiel they do block ultuima installations they also block modded legit installs. for example my retail ff7.exe is SAINT / YAMP / lucky tifa / gypt and anythign that checks filesize rejects it as invalid 90% of the time. so everyone with filesize checks please do not use them because noone can then use your patch with any other patches. ditto for crc32. oh and im hard drive movie / nocd on both installs, along with alot of ppl so youll jsut piss ppl off.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #482 on: 2006-08-20 23:54:13 »
(...)i'm doign an experiment with dual install (...)
Yes, I'm sure it's dual.
I jsut like that ultima is pre-patched to work with xp and chocobo.
That is... 1.02 from Eidos, jedwin's chocobo patch and someone's no-cd patch? Ever heard of placebo?
(...)my retail ff7.exe is SAINT / YAMP / lucky tifa / gypt and anythign that checks filesize rejects it as invalid 90% of the time.
Size check... That would be TheSaiNt's HiRes and... Hmm... Some nocd patches you were trying to use to remove the protection HiRes forced on you? Or something else?
oh and im hard drive movie / nocd on both installs, along with alot of ppl so youll jsut piss ppl off.
Cdcheck was added by Square. And you seem to care so much about people. I'm touched.

dziugo

Herpderp Mcderp

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2006-08-21 00:06:50 »
yeah i know ultima is crappily prepatche din that respect, but the music is pre-patched I hear, seems to sound different form my retail. and yes it is dual. Size is nothing to me im running a 250gb HD

also no id dint have to overcoem saint's protectioon on my retail (installed it, yamp and some yamp patches, then nocd) on the ultima i replaced its EXEs with 1.02 and did the same. my point is that even without the nocds, anything that checks the validity of either of my ff7 EXEs is gonna bitch about saint's and YAMP because they arent there by default and thus modifications that a validity check will flag.

on cdcheck ebign added by square I was referring to your adding validation to your future patches.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-21 00:13:59 by Myounage »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2006-08-21 01:12:02 »
yeah i know ultima is crappily prepatche din that respect, but the music is pre-patched I hear, seems to sound different form my retail.
Have you run your retail recently?
also no id dint have to overcoem saint's protectioon on my retail (installed it, yamp and some yamp patches, then nocd)
Then you did. I was talking about the cdcheck (HiRes forces original 1.02 on you).
my point is that even without the nocds, anything that checks the validity of either of my ff7 EXEs is gonna b*tch about saint's and YAMP because they arent there by default and thus modifications that a validity check will flag.
Depends how the validity check is done.
on cdcheck ebign added by square I was referring to your adding validation to your future patches.
Square's cdcheck <-> good, other's cdcheck <-> bad? Why?

dziugo

Herpderp Mcderp

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2006-08-21 03:36:01 »
because square's is really easy to trick whereas thrid ap[rty check might not worjk via the same methods

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2006-08-21 09:58:09 »
because square's is really easy to trick whereas thrid ap[rty check might not worjk via the same methods
I say cdcheck, you think of a way to bypass it. Yeah, that'd be a normal reaction these days.

Cloud_man

• It's so easy, it's somfy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2006-08-21 19:19:10 »
                                                                                   <<<Sorry for the translation>>>

Hello everyone !!!
 You summers in form?
ok thanks Borde and ice_cold513

Well, I have a big problem in Kimeria, the éditor of NPC of Final Fantasy 7 :
Just for the fun, I have to try to modify a NPC. And after modification, for test my character,
I try all the animation.
In first, the character walk. At this moment, the arms are to remove chest.
I regulate the arms then so that it stick to the character. And I returns has basic animation, and here the arms had also a bad modification, compared to the old modification. I modify again and now for the walk animation the arms were still remove. And that continues ad infinitum.

I am sorry for the translation of English. And if someone understood my message and could answer me would be really cool !

Thank you for your answers !!!

<<<Sorry for the translation>>>
« Last Edit: 2006-08-22 11:18:29 by Cloud_man »

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2006-08-21 23:28:53 »
Offtopic: I don't know why, but I've just started considering adding some cdcheck to coming patches...

i support any future dziugo patches that say "you have the ultima edition installed, F#$% off!" :)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2006-08-22 09:31:40 »
ok now ppl this topic is to chat about the NPC patch not

the ultima i'm ripping off square off so they cant make new games Edition

no more chat about in this topic

i will say this  2 things i do if this was my forum

1 don't help

2 ban them

Edit

Quote from: Godfoster
This hasn't been very clearly said anywhere in the forums, so I thought I'd ask you.  Does the NPC-RP have all of the models of the Reunion Patch as well as the new models included in the NPC-RP?  Or are the models different?

Hi lets just get to it

the NPC RP has all the Reunion Patch plus 40+ models
the most up to date one is NPC RP v0.6
« Last Edit: 2006-08-25 14:13:44 by ice_cold513 »

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2006-08-30 12:35:15 »
I'm having a problem. The game crashes whenever I get to the Lifestream event when Sephiroth appears. Any insight?

dante66

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2006-09-06 15:01:54 »
I'm just wondering what is left to do on this project?

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2006-09-07 19:05:02 »
I'm just wondering what is left to do on this project?

From what I know a lot of npc, but thats about it, but I could be wrong

The Shape

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2006-09-09 07:08:30 »
I got this working two days ago, as my copy of ff7 has finally arrived all the way from Singapore. I'm getting a few crashes, but... I tend to be able to play through the area of the crash on the second attempt. Wondrous job(s), fellas. Seriously... awesome.

Something helpful: I noticed someone posted the link to "The Newbies Guide to installing the Reunion Patch" and I found it extremely helpful. It not only got me familiar with ficedula's programs, but made other mods I was installing a breeze. I'll link it again for others who are having problems with this patch. Just substitute the NPC patch for the Reunion patch.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4451.0

I'm not sure what page of the forums this tutorial is on, but it should not be allowed to fall off these forums-- it could spare a lot of repetitive Q&A.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2006-09-13 20:24:56 »
is there going to be an update compatible with the Sephiroth patch and the Hi-res patch? ( can you post a picture of recontructed sephiroth?)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2006-09-14 06:54:48 »
Dark_Ansem, this patch is already fully compatible with the Hi-res patch. Not sure If t's compatible with the Sephirot patch althought it should since ice_cold523 made it. Anyway, yes, thee will be more versions of the patch. It's just that it won't be rght now.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2006-09-14 15:48:32 »
sorry I didn't mean to be rude, I'm very happt that the focus is on the sephiroth patch :D:D

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2006-09-26 05:33:23 »
Must revive!

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2006-09-29 12:48:41 »
in the Sephiroth patch topic it says that the works are focused on this patch, is that right?

Kenzai

« Reply #499 on: 2006-09-29 17:31:47 »
Which version of the game are you doing these mods for? I have 3 different games on my hdd right now. Ultima edition, Playstation discs (PSX) and a pc version (install + 3 cds). The game I've been trying most mods on is the Ultima edition since it had more options available. Most mods work although some (the ones I want) doesn´t, namely the sephiroth patch and High res patch and a few others. Perhaps neither of these FF versions are the correct one.. Though I do remember reading something about a NPC version. Problem is, I don´t know which one that is (unless it is the bought FF7 for pc, I´ve only bought the game for PS).