Author Topic: Documentation.  (Read 5251 times)

Akari

• View Profile
Documentation.
« on: 2006-06-28 17:18:44 »
I started create doxygen documentation for Q-gears.

http://www.omake.ru/bakari/q-gears/docs/

your opinion?

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
Re: Documentation.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-28 22:40:24 »
I'll make a module for the website? :)

It'll be ready by the time you have anything to write. Most likely.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-29 02:19:42 »
I'll make a module for the website? :)

It'll be ready by the time you have anything to write. Most likely.

Doxygen doc are the bunch of html files. So you need to create separate directory for it, and menu record that links to that dir.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-29 05:12:10 »
Great! This is a good thing.  Hmmm does doxegen generate the html from the source code?
Never mind I suppose I should just read this? :D
LaTeX to PDF looks like a good route although personally I would rather go straight to PDF (sigh).
I wonder if HTML to PDF is better? Hmmm.

Also:

In the description of the CLUT you have a few naming errors.
# of colors is not the correct description, use WIDTH.
# of CLUTs is also not correct it's, HEIGHT.
These are the exact terms because a CLUT is an IMAGE of colors that are loaded into the PS1's VRAM. Just like the words for the paletted image are.
You'll recognize this when you look at the PS1 VRAM as 16 bit ABGR colors (words).
This is quite distinct when viewing FF7/8/9 VRAM.  MIM FF7 data demonstrates this quite well also (it's just a headerless TIM really).

If you want the EXACT description for a TIM file I posted it in the technical forum about a year or so ago. It should be in the wiki but I'm not sure if it's the exact same data.  wiki TIM information I think is it.

Anyhow that seems to say the same thing I am.

Cyb

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-29 15:06:17 »
Great! This is a good thing.  Hmmm does doxegen generate the html from the source code?

Yes. In few days I upload it to SVN.

In the description of the CLUT you have a few naming errors.
# of colors is not the correct description, use WIDTH.
# of CLUTs is also not correct it's, HEIGHT.
These are the exact terms because a CLUT is an IMAGE of colors that are loaded into the PS1's VRAM. Just like the words for the paletted image are.
You'll recognize this when you look at the PS1 VRAM as 16 bit ABGR colors (words).
This is quite distinct when viewing FF7/8/9 VRAM.  MIM FF7 data demonstrates this quite well also (it's just a headerless TIM really).

If you want the EXACT description for a TIM file I posted it in the technical forum about a year or so ago. It should be in the wiki but I'm not sure if it's the exact same data.  wiki TIM information I think is it.

I knew about TIM. I just thought that description will be better. You could correct this later, after I upload it.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-29 17:22:37 »
Just to let you know, Sony actually donated a TIM loader into ImageMagick which is GPL.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-07-02 00:19:01 »
Aren't there specs for TIMs floating around the internet, though?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 2006-07-02 19:35:42 »
I would take ImageMagick's code over the spec online. When I was doing my PSX documentation project Sony contacted me halfway through (in Japanese) and very "strongly" warned that documentation of the PSY-Q libs will land me in hot water.

After being involved with Sony v. Connectix, I learned that Sony was full of poo and you can't copyright an implementaion.

And the rest is history.