Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210163 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #375 on: 2014-08-20 08:35:02 »
Nice work, about the green effect its me who deleted it , since galeanbeast dont have one, i can re add it if you want, thats cost 30sec to do it, i suppose the animations that not works are the " item" or "sense" etc? Again, since the beast dont have animations for that, i just put the idle animation for this, the item will works but he will use it in idle animation.

Another thing: when he cast fire, there is delay between the end of his magic animation, and the fire effect, i can make the delay shorted so it look more dynamic if you want, the reason i made a long delay is for the camera, because if i make the delay shorter u wont see the end of his magic casting animation,because the camera will follow the fire spell, thats look like detail but since he have only two real animations, its better to be perfect.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2014-08-20 10:42:23 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:52:48 by dkma841 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2014-08-20 10:45:45 »
Whoa! The guy on the left has three arms. :o

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2014-08-20 12:01:11 »
Hey wolfman.......i was just thinking i know you wanted to make the legs look like they did in your original model. I think this would be possible if you cut the lower half of the leg so that it is one piece. As long as the knee and ankle joints line up with the ends of the bone it wont matter if the rest is outside.....the only thing to watch for would be if he were to kneel down to far or lean to far back.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #379 on: 2014-08-20 12:35:41 »
Hey wolfman.......i was just thinking i know you wanted to make the legs look like they did in your original model. I think this would be possible if you cut the lower half of the leg so that it is one piece. As long as the knee and ankle joints line up with the ends of the bone it wont matter if the rest is outside.....the only thing to watch for would be if he were to kneel down to far or lean to far back.

The lower leg is one piece, I'm not sure what you mean. It is true, as long as each end of the piece rest on the bone than it should work fine. What's the current status of the field model conversion though, that's probably the main thing that's left other than assigning the battle model limit breaks.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2014-08-20 14:46:21 »
I have to talk to Kuroda. I'm pretty sure he is doing the field model. If not I wonder if Jeet has any abilities for the conversion.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2014-08-20 15:52:15 »
I have the animations for Nanaki to be either Cloud or Barret already done.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2014-08-20 17:13:38 »
Will we be able to adjust the legs to have the backwards bend?

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2014-08-20 18:15:16 »
We can do that, but we'd have to adjust each of his individual animations for it to take effect though.

Field animations are much easier to work with than battle ones, I'll take a crack at bending the legs back, can you PM me the field files?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2014-08-20 18:47:25 »
Yes. I will send it when I get home tonight. I have to resave the textures. The new textures have the fur overlay. I'll save them as the tex files for the field. Cmh, is there anyway you could save the tex files from the new textures and send over to kuroda since you probably have access to them now? If not I will tonight.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2014-08-20 20:12:12 »
Sorry man, I've been running around to client offices all day, using a tablet since this morning. It's not good when people screw stuff up enough I have to fix it on site. By the way, you wont be able to change the textures and save it in kimera. The field model crashes kimera right away. You can work on the animations just fine I think, though may have to remove most of the textures first (head and chest since you're working on the legs). Instead open Kimera and see what textures the head, chest, lower leg, and the upper arm use, and just rename your new tex files to match and copy them into the folder to overwrite the old ones.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2014-08-20 20:51:01 »
Perfect. Thanks cmh. I'll send you the field file soon kuroda.
We can do that, but we'd have to adjust each of his individual animations for it to take effect though.

Field animations are much easier to work with than battle ones, I'll take a crack at bending the legs back, can you PM me the field files?

Hey there Kuroda. I sent you the field model. Let me know if you need anything. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-20 22:01:24 by WolfMan »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2014-08-20 22:29:00 »

Nice work, about the green effect its me who deleted it , since galeanbeast dont have one, i can re add it if you want, thats cost 30sec to do it, i suppose the animations that not works are the " item" or "sense" etc? Again, since the beast dont have animations for that, i just put the idle animation for this, the item will works but he will use it in idle animation.

Another thing: when he cast fire, there is delay between the end of his magic animation, and the fire effect, i can make the delay shorted so it look more dynamic if you want, the reason i made a long delay is for the camera, because if i make the delay shorter u wont see the end of his magic casting animation,because the camera will follow the fire spell, thats look like detail but since he have only two real animations, its better to be perfect.

Yes Jeet. I am definitely wanting to have the green effect added. :). I'm also going to need to look into whether or not the red effect happens when he uses a limit. Is there anyway of using the howl as his celebration animation?

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2014-08-20 22:50:37 »
Galian beast not have green aura for magic? i think yes he has, because i replaced a enemy with his battle model i set the correct animation and when he cast magic the green aura appears.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2014-08-21 09:39:44 »
Yes vayneruel, but i meant the original and true gallean beast never use the green effect(not the playable one but vincent's)

WolfMan>
Here is the new version:

Magic, enemy skill, summon and limits break now have their own effect ( green , red, etc)
He now have howling has victory pose
Before using limits break he will perform howling animation too

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9jzrr8mrmmcm3e/newred.rar

EDIT: need to be tested by someone, because I couldnt, since I dont have the howling animation on my version ( i deleted it to free some space since PSX is size limited, but anyway this should works fine)
« Last Edit: 2014-08-21 10:28:56 by Jeet »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #390 on: 2014-08-21 11:51:50 »
I'm really hyped about this! :D I'd love to watch a video! I wish there was a way to implement a howling sound as well though!!!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2014-08-21 12:08:51 »
Thanks Jeet. I will test this today. Kuroda is working on the field model. I will be adding limit breaks also today. Which should finalize the battle model other than tweaks here and there. Thanks Leo. I wish lol. You've been here since post#1 lol. I can't believe this is where we are now.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2014-08-21 13:35:00 »
The howling sound is by default, the creature's sound we hear when vincent's transform,there is a command to create a sound in each animation ( this is used most of time for machine gun of soldiers, and barret, its an additional sound), so there is maybe a way to add the sound of the beast.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2014-08-21 13:40:17 »
That would be really cool jeet. Do you know where I would find the sound and how I would add to the animation?

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2014-08-21 14:13:35 »
No need to find , its located in the animation script i gave you, this is just a value to adjust, but i cant remember wich one, i ll post it when i have some times

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2014-08-22 04:12:46 »

Hunched over or standing tall

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2014-08-22 04:15:33 »
Looks pretty good man. You'll need to check the other animations though.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2014-08-22 04:18:06 »
I just did the frame options with propagate on and the other animations didn't budge. I'm starting to love kimera. Lol. I also adjust him running on all fours so that the body is upright a little more.

Jeet the new animations are perfect!!

New Video with sound and all animations working much better.
http://youtu.be/4B6yAUrgitQ
I think it's safe to say the battle model is done.
Only thing left is the limits and I am clueless how to use Libre and or WallMarket. Especially since wallmarket closes as soon as I open it.

Beta has been updated

And is it just me or is he kinda small. I mean barret is like twice his size. Would this be a simple adjustment or not? Lol
« Last Edit: 2014-08-22 05:57:36 by WolfMan »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2014-08-22 13:00:15 »
I just did the frame options with propagate on and the other animations didn't budge. I'm starting to love kimera. Lol. I also adjust him running on all fours so that the body is upright a little more.

Jeet the new animations are perfect!!

New Video with sound and all animations working much better.
http://youtu.be/4B6yAUrgitQ
I think it's safe to say the battle model is done.
Only thing left is the limits and I am clueless how to use Libre and or WallMarket. Especially since wallmarket closes as soon as I open it.

Beta has been updated

And is it just me or is he kinda small. I mean barret is like twice his size. Would this be a simple adjustment or not? Lol

If you send me a copy of the kernel this afternoon I can take a look and help out. Otherwise it'll have to wait till either later tonight or tomorrow.

Well, yes and no. Making the model bigger is as easy as just resizing everything up to like 110 or 120, but you also need to accurately resize the bones as well. Basically it has potential to be quick and easy, and a chance of being a pain in the ass lol. What's the size comparison to Barret? I know I made the field model bigger because I had to resize the bones, particularly for the chest, it's significantly taller.   

~Took a look at the screen shot on the last page. Barret seems taller, but he's also not bending over nearly as much. The Werewolf's legs are bent and he's leaning forward, so at first glance he looks shorter. When I did the field model though I didn't realize how tall he was. Compare the size after you've adjusted the animations so he's standing up straighter, it probably wont seem as bad now.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-22 13:04:27 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2014-08-22 13:17:15 »
You want the kernel. Ok. Don't laugh at me. What is the kernel? And since your asking for mine does this mean anyone who gets Red Werewolf will have to adjust their kernel?

He just seems littler than Barrett. Maybe he wouldn't be shorter if he wasn't hunched and knees bent, but he is def not as thick. The video I uploaded shows the new animations.