Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 598587 times)

ambledhoh

Re: [REL] Team Avalanche's 2D Overhaul
« Reply #850 on: 2009-08-25 22:00:16 »
but why in the menu the items are "bad" i mean why use the original one?

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2009-08-25 23:07:19 »
I know you're getting around to it and I don't want to seem ungrateful (because I am VERY) but the items in the menu have that discoloration bug still and it seems like a relatively simple fix granted, I lack the understanding necessary of your texturing system to do anything about it.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2009-08-25 23:09:45 »
Are the Items in the Item Menu supposed to be purple?

Yes, they have not been redone yet

I know you're getting around to it and I don't want to seem ungrateful (because I am VERY) but the items in the menu have that discoloration bug still and it seems like a relatively simple fix granted, I lack the understanding necessary of your texturing system to do anything about it.

Can you not keep them as they were originally until you get around to fixing them up?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2009-08-25 23:34:20 »
dunno what happened, But whenever i open FF7 after applying your patch, it just crashes to desktop with no error

copy the lgp files back to the original spots

Already did that.. Hence my confusion.. Even tried to compile everything seperate without the bat file, still no dice

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2009-08-26 00:17:26 »

It is not a relatively easy fix. It requires remaking all the art for the items.

Can you not keep them as they were originally until you get around to fixing them up?

Nope.

dunno what happened, But whenever i open FF7 after applying your patch, it just crashes to desktop with no error

copy the lgp files back to the original spots

Already did that.. Hence my confusion.. Even tried to compile everything seperate without the bat file, still no dice

Does app.log say anything?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2009-08-26 05:54:22 »
Slow night on the forums.... Anyways heres a screen of the new limit

Qudeid

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2009-08-26 07:23:30 »
Too bad you can't see much in that picture :(

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2009-08-26 10:43:53 »
yea try n grab a wide shot

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2009-08-26 13:57:12 »
Who cares about aerith she dies half way through. No one plays with her. :|

[Mod edit]
Pocky + Boxxy = loooove
[/Mod Edit]

Halkun will be angry at me for posting that but sometimes an image macro is the best way to express something :-P
[Mod Edit] No, it's not, and I've told you once already. Keep that in unrelated[/Mod edit]

:cry: You're mean!

Yeah, and that shot of Aeris makes it look like she's standing opposite a nice big fireplace. Mmmm, cosy :wink:
« Last Edit: 2009-08-26 15:24:09 by Kudistos Megistos »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2009-08-26 14:55:37 »
Heres a wide shot. I didnt do much to the effect, just cleaned up the lines and added a smidgen of blur. Probably hard to tell the difference

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2009-08-26 15:19:10 »
It is quite hard to tell the difference without a comparison shot, but I think it looks a little more "defined" than the old limit break thingy. However, it might be that my senses are deceiving me because I'm expecting to see something different. :roll:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2009-08-26 15:28:28 »
It is quite hard to tell the difference without a comparison shot, but I think it looks a little more "defined" than the old limit break thingy. However, it might be that my senses are deceiving me because I'm expecting to see something different. :roll:

Heres a comparison shot. Like i said its hard to tell the difference

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2009-08-26 15:31:37 »
Ah, yes, the new version is wider and the colour isn't as strong. It's actually quite easy to tell the difference when they are put next to each other, but probably not when they're in game.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2009-08-26 15:34:34 »
Any ideas on how to make it better?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2009-08-26 15:39:50 »

Making something better? I don't think you understand my role at the forums :-P

And I can't really think of any ways to make it better; since the limit break thingy (aura? What do you call it?) is quite a simple design, it doesn't really suffer as much from resizing as things like spell textures. As long as the colour transition is smooth (and it is already in your remake), I think it's fine. Then again, I'm someone who usually doesn't like anything but the bare minimum of change to things like this :-P

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2009-08-26 15:42:27 »

Making something better? I don't think you understand my role at the forums :-P

And I can't really think of any ways to make it better; since the limit break thingy (aura? What do you call it?) is quite a simple design, it doesn't really suffer as much from resizing as things like spell textures. As long as the colour transition is smooth (and it is already in your remake), I think it's fine. Then again, I'm someone who usually doesn't like anything but the bare minimum of change to things like this :-P

What is your role at the forums? (Dont let my number of posts fool you, im still a noob)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2009-08-26 15:44:20 »
I'm "that guy". Every forum has one, and I'll leave you to figure out what it means :wink:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2009-08-26 15:46:09 »
I'm "that guy". Every forum has one, and I'll leave you to figure out what it means :wink:

Lol ok. There are many different types of "That guy" but ill leave it for now and try to figure it out

edit: enemy skill... opinions please

« Last Edit: 2009-08-26 16:17:37 by sl1982 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2009-08-26 17:31:31 »
App.log doesn't say anything about it. last thing on it was from when i opened FF7 normally, then closed it. Had this issue when i was missing/had a bad .lgp. so i'm looking to find which one it is at this point

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2009-08-26 17:36:04 »
App.log doesn't say anything about it. last thing on it was from when i opened FF7 normally, then closed it. Had this issue when i was missing/had a bad .lgp. so i'm looking to find which one it is at this point

Ive had the same problem

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2009-08-26 17:49:38 »

It looks very much like a series of solid circles to me. The original enemy skill thingy was like a series of pink flames encircling and closing in on the player, kind of like the magic aura thingy, but raised up higher, with smaller flames that go down as well as up, and is pink. I think we should really keep the flames, since all of the other aura thingies have them; enemy skill wouldn't fit in with them if it were solid circles. Also, I'm aware that my terminology is all over the place, there's no need to point that out :-P

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2009-08-26 17:51:52 »
Since i (like a fool..) didn't back up my seffect.tex i think i'm always gonna run into this issue unless i reinstall.. As i can't find out what/if i'm misisng

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2009-08-26 17:54:51 »

It looks very much like a series of solid circles to me. The original enemy skill thingy was like a series of pink flames encircling and closing in on the player, kind of like the magic aura thingy, but raised up higher, with smaller flames that go down as well as up, and is pink. I think we should really keep the flames, since all of the other aura thingies have them; enemy skill wouldn't fit in with them if it were solid circles. Also, I'm aware that my terminology is all over the place, there's no need to point that out :-P

Yeah. I tried to replicate the flame thingies and it turned out pretty bad. Guess ill take another stab at it

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2009-08-26 18:51:35 »
guess i deleted something i shouldn't have or something. Reinstalled got it to work. love to test but i need to eat and shower then head off to work, Should have a review when i get back :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #874 on: 2009-08-27 00:06:46 »
oo! i know what kudistos' role is! lol
btw, yeah, i agree with the enemy skill-firey thingy llol