Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 598550 times)

romeo14

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Team Avalanche's 2D Overhaul
« Reply #1150 on: 2009-09-03 16:24:49 »
i thought SL said that the lgps shouldnt change in size, and you have the mods texture folder in the texture folder of your FF7 game? And do you have the custom driver installed?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2009-09-03 16:46:08 »
Fine. You dont think it is improving anything? Dont worry, you wont have to see another release.

Please tell me you didn't just quit. That would make my already bad day worse.....

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2009-09-03 18:48:26 »
i thought SL said that the lgps shouldnt change in size

LGP's should be the same size as the originals.
Check your using custom graphics driver correctly, if you are, check that the texture folder from the download is in ff7 directory.

Make sure you are putting the modded lgp's and the seffect1.tex back where they belong and replacing the originals

If you've done all this, then I'm not sure what the problem is  :cry:
« Last Edit: 2009-09-03 18:50:48 by MXster »

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2009-09-03 19:58:14 »

Fine. You dont think it is improving anything? Dont worry, you wont have to see another release.

hey guys lets just calm down and quit the criticism sl1982 alot of us see the difference in your work and really appreciate all your hard work. Idk ppl are criticizing if the dont even have the game but just keep up the good work we really appreciate it

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2009-09-03 20:05:07 »
There will always be haters... You can make a mod that makes tifa come out of the PC, give you a bj, and swallow, and ppl would still hate.
Best way to deal with it is to either ignore the haters, or make them feel dumb :evil:

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 2009-09-03 20:12:16 »
There will always be haters... You can make a mod that makes tifa come out of the PC, give you a bj, and swallow, and ppl would still hate.
Best way to deal with it is to either ignore the haters, or make them feel dumb :evil:

LOL helll yeah aint that the truth

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2009-09-03 20:59:08 »
I'm not sure if you're aware of this bug but silence seems to have that same weird look as the menu icons before they were redone.
Same with the ZzZ... when asleep in battle.

Obviously for the same reasons the menu items looked strange.
So I know it's on your to-do list and just ignore this post. :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-09-03 23:01:28 by willis936 »

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 2009-09-03 21:41:18 »

I don't like Tifa

XD

Sorry I had to... (even if it's true)

Anyway, you all can help out a lot with the testing by editing out the problem images one at a time and see which one actually has an effect...

what I mean is, open up the files until you find one with a 'Silence' symbol on it... edit the symbol out of that one image and see if it effects the game... if not, look for another image with the symbol....
 when you find one that makes the symbol change, post the name of that file and we can edit it and release the fix...

I think if you all do this when you have a problem, the troubleshooting may go faster in the long run...

Be sure to back up your modfiles though, on the off chance some other part of the mod stops working.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2009-09-03 23:44:26 »

I don't like Tifa

XD

Anyway, you all can help out a lot with the testing by editing out the problem images one at a time and see which one actually has an effect...

what I mean is, open up the files until you find one with a 'Silence' symbol on it... edit the symbol out of that one image and see if it effects the game... if not, look for another image with the symbol....
 when you find one that makes the symbol change, post the name of that file and we can edit it and release the fix...

I think if you all do this when you have a problem, the troubleshooting may go faster in the long run...

Be sure to back up your modfiles though, on the off chance some other part of the mod stops working.

Silence and sleep have been fixed and may be in the next release (if i do one). I am doing this for my self foremost and decided it would be good to release to the community. Now im wondering if it is worth the aggrivation.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1159 on: 2009-09-03 23:58:00 »

I don't like Tifa

XD

Silence and sleep have been fixed and may be in the next release (if i do one). I am doing this for my self foremost and decided it would be good to release to the community. Now im wondering if it is worth the aggrivation.
Honestly, I think it is a good thing that you are working up here (and the rest of Team Avalanche). And the fact that YOU decided to make this public, is even better. titeguy3 is right, there will always be haterz no matter what. If you were to quit now, then you will be doing EXACTLY what the haterz want you to do. Personally, I like to prove people wrong, no, I LOVE to prove people wrong. You should have the same perspective as me because honestly, look, at how many replies/views this thread has got. It's one of the top list of threads to keep an eye out for since... the APZ project. And this thread hasn't been around for more than a month! You should be proud of yourself (and the rest of Team Avalanche).

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2009-09-04 00:08:30 »
dont get all antsy cuz of some troll, besides...

happy chocobo wants to cheer everyone up

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 2009-09-04 00:10:39 »
Wow nice work

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2009-09-04 00:31:25 »
@sl1982 (aka Barret)

Yah!! Don't leave us!! :|

Plz forgive Tseng (my lost Brother!! )..he's just well...angsty(?)

You've worked so hard and everyone here appreciates it. One Turk (hater) wouldn't be a cause for you to let go of Team Avalanche!!!!

We must still bomb every single Sector from Shinra-NIX to make MOD-gar a great place for us!!!....

( Hows that for MOD-roach speech huh?  :-D)

MO-ve forward!!!..TEAM AValanche!!!!!!

don't ever give up!!!....* :cry:tears :oops:*

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2009-09-04 00:35:15 »
That is a sexy, sexy chocobo timu.  :mrgreen:

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2009-09-04 00:41:02 »
Ok I want to post a possible alternative to the much more work intensive process...

The first is unfiltered
The second is with a little smoothing
The third is with smoothing and a little contrast added to make the lines less gray

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 2009-09-04 00:44:05 »
I cant tell the difference o.o, except the third one is a bit darker (his cheeks seem much redder than the original version... sephi shouldnt blush :P)

Anyhow, given we recently discovered these images, which are the full versions of what was used for the avatars... we may scrap my vectors and just use these.

That or I could start over, tracing these :P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2009-09-04 00:45:36 »
Wow!..He like came from a comic book to anime in real time....

But I liked your "avante-garde" versions better Timu... Keep it up!

TEAM AVALANCHE FAN ( Marlene type )

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 2009-09-04 01:05:55 »
The reason I brought this up, is I could save Timu a lot of trouble by cleaning these up en masse... while it would take him at least an hour if not more to do each avatar individually.

However, Young Cloud and Chocobo are missing from my avatar art files.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2009-09-04 01:10:13 »
Edit: thanks Timu
« Last Edit: 2009-09-04 01:27:38 by MXster »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 2009-09-04 01:13:48 »
Crap!...It was Satoh's doing.. Stupid me..I thought it was Timu's..sorry man...

Nice rendering there by the way.. if ya could make the same Avante-grade feeling as Timu's works-of-art then I have no further objections.... :-D

Keep it up!You're doin great!... :wink:

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 2009-09-04 01:21:06 »
Not that the words of one user who has contributed next to nothing will sway anyone's decision making but I personally think this is one of the most noticeable and cool mods out there and it would be a damn shame if it had to be seen short for something as petty as acedia.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2009-09-04 01:40:14 »
I think we should be using the cropped original art... here is a nice comparison,

point being... mine sux :P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2009-09-04 01:42:36 »
Woah!...rather I would say..wooahh..   It's not like he would mind..but at least I have the guts to put everything in perspective...And it was not even near Insulting or even anything related to it..  I even faced the fact that I created a misunderstanding and asked for his forgiveness...

I even praised his work because I'm so ashamed of my inability to contribute..but nevertheless the ones who will benefit this is of course the MODDERS out there who want to improve....including the ones who PLAY just for the sake of fandom and give respect to those who give this game a damn...(pardon the choice of words).

If you see this as criticsm. Its your opinion... as I remembered someone mentioned this to you.... "There's no helping you.."

Have a good day.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 2009-09-04 01:44:09 »
I think we should be using the cropped original art... here is a nice comparison,

point being... mine sux :P

I think the ones you've done have there own charm though  :roll:

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2009-09-04 01:48:17 »
While I had planned on using these from the very start (but didn't as I couldn't find them) I do think the vectorized versions were interesting simply by the concept...

I figured the thread would agree that it'd be a waste not to use them...

I shall just say that Timu's vectors have a great deal more effort in them in comparison to my avatars which are literally just photos from an art book with a smart blur filter added to it...