Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 596248 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Team Avalanche's 2D Overhaul
« Reply #1250 on: 2009-09-05 07:28:22 »
:lol: ROFL....

Ahemm.... sorry about that...*scurries out*

Now that was a pointless post. Would you please only post if it is relevant to the topic? There is enough clutter in this thread already.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1251 on: 2009-09-05 07:33:22 »
Hey... If that is the same file that MXster posted a while back, then it still doesn't work for me. MXster gave me instructions through PM and I couldn't get it to work.

aaronlite

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 2009-09-05 08:55:40 »
Hey guys, I haven't had any luck getting the textures in game, I try to follow the instructions closely but no use. =x

Anyways, i'm not too worried about getting them in right now, but was wondering if you guys need any more people helping with the textures. Also is there people working on the backgrounds yet, or have something planned for them? Just curious...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 2009-09-05 15:36:55 »
Hey guys, I haven't had any luck getting the textures in game, I try to follow the instructions closely but no use. =x

Anyways, i'm not too worried about getting them in right now, but was wondering if you guys need any more people helping with the textures. Also is there people working on the backgrounds yet, or have something planned for them? Just curious...

Nobody is doing backgrounds at the moment. If you want to whip one up and show it too me we might consider adding you as a texture artist if you want to do it

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2009-09-05 16:29:04 »
Download This (new patch.bat)

Then Download This (latest lgp tools)

Then Re-download This (beta 7)

Put the new patch.bat, and the new LGP and UNLGP into the GUI folder then put your LGP files into GUI folder and run the patch

If it's not making new lgp files and the patch.bat is working instantaneously then quitting, you need the new patch.bat.

If it's making lgp files that don't work properly, you might need the latest lgp tools

If it still doesn't work. Post the debug info that the new patch.bat gives you after running it here using the <code> tag.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1255 on: 2009-09-05 19:26:15 »
Because when I run the patch.bat, the command prompt shows up fast, and then quits instantaneously... So I would need a new patch.bat for that problem?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: 2009-09-05 19:29:12 »
Because when I run the patch.bat, the command prompt shows up fast, and then quits instantaneously... So I would need a new patch.bat for that problem?

yup

Best thing to do is extract the release in a folder like C:\gui and then use the batch file teteguy3 supplied

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1257 on: 2009-09-05 19:32:29 »

yup

Best thing to do is extract the release in a folder like C:\gui and then use the batch file teteguy3 supplied

So... The one that MXster posted on those list of downloads isn't titeguy3's patch.bat file? Because the one that MXster posted there is the one I used.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2009-09-05 19:37:54 »

yup

So... The one that MXster posted on those list of downloads isn't titeguy3's patch.bat file? Because the one that MXster posted there is the one I used.

Use the one on the page before this

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2009-09-05 19:43:32 »
read the thread due, its all there :P

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2009-09-05 19:47:06 »
Haven't you got any screens to show or something, What does the menu system look like now?

Yeah i have alot of screens, but you wouldnt be interested in them

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1261 on: 2009-09-05 19:49:42 »

yup

I run this new patch.bat and it still quickly escapes upon running it on ADMIN (64-bit Vista). V95 had this problem, but he never posted back to see if he got it to work...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 2009-09-05 19:50:10 »
They're all mine...it should work fine...assuming you replaced the old one with it... make sure it's called "patch.bat" and that you're not just putting "patch.bat.txt" in the folder. Sometimes windows cuts off known file extensions so just make sure that you're saving it right. My patch.bat pauses at the end, so if it just closes the prompt window, you're still not using mine.

*Make sure when you download it that you save as "all files" as opposed to "text document"*
« Last Edit: 2009-09-05 19:52:03 by titeguy3 »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 2009-09-05 19:50:18 »

yup

I run this new patch.bat and it still quickly escapes upon running it on ADMIN (64-bit Vista). V95 had this problem, but he never posted back to see if he got it to work...

open a command prompt and run it and tell me what it says

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1264 on: 2009-09-05 19:59:37 »

yup

open a command prompt and run it and tell me what it says
I know I sound even more 'newbier' when I say this, but how do you run a program on the command prompt?

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2009-09-05 20:17:40 »
to use a program in command prompt, go to run, type in cmd and click enter, which will bring up command prompt if you do not have a direct shortcut to it (been a while since i used vista, not entirely sure if it is the same for it), then change your directory (if you are not in the correct location of your patch.bat) by typing

cd C:\wherever

wherever being the exact directory your file is in (if you copy the location, to paste it in you must right click and choose paste, you cannot use ctrl+v like normal pasting), and once you are in the same location as the patch.bat, just type in patch.bat (or whatever it's exact name is)  then hit enter, and it should run, and will display everything that happened and what could have went wrong.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-05 20:19:47 by secondadvent »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: 2009-09-05 20:22:05 »
I know I sound even more 'newbier' when I say this, but how do you run a program on the command prompt?

windowslogo+r (or start...run)
type cmd and press enter (opens the command prompt)
type "[directory of patch.bat]\patch.bat" (be sure to include the quotes)

but before you do all that, delete patch.bat, download mine, confirm that you saved it as a .bat (save as type "all files") file and not as a .txt (save as type "text document") file, because I'm still convinced that you're using the old one.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-05 20:24:13 by titeguy3 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 2009-09-05 20:24:36 »
to use a program in command prompt, go to run, type in cmd and click enter, which will bring up command prompt if you do not have a direct shortcut to it (been a while since i used vista, not entirely sure if it is the same for it), then change your directory (if you are not in the correct location of your patch.bat) by typing

wherever being the exact directory your file is in (if you copy the location, to paste it in you must right click and choose paste, you cannot use ctrl+v like normal pasting), and once you are in the same location as the patch.bat, just type in patch.bat (or whatever it's exact name is)  then hit enter, and it should run, and will display everything that happened and what could have went wrong.

This. And some people say you should always use right click -> "run as admin" when you want to run the command prompt as admin in Vista :-P

Haven't you got any screens to show or something, What does the menu system look like now?

If you say so...guess this mod isn't going to be as awesome as I imagined :cry:

So have decided not to leave but to do some low-level trolling in this thread instead?

And why are you crying? You wouldn't be able to use the mod anyway :-D

sl1982, do you have any screenies that the rest of us would be interested in?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 2009-09-05 20:26:11 »

wherever being the exact directory your file is in (if you copy the location, to paste it in you must right click and choose paste, you cannot use ctrl+v like normal pasting), and once you are in the same location as the patch.bat, just type in patch.bat (or whatever it's exact name is)  then hit enter, and it should run, and will display everything that happened and what could have went wrong.

This. And some people say you should always use right click -> "run as admin" when you want to run the command prompt as admin in Vista :-P

If you say so...guess this mod isn't going to be as awesome as I imagined :cry:

So have decided not to leave but to do some low-level trolling in this thread instead?

And why are you crying? You wouldn't be able to use the mod anyway :-D

Not really, but there a a few new vids up for people if they havnt seen them

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1269 on: 2009-09-05 20:27:13 »
Well, when I download your patch.bat file, there is no option that says "Save As". I don't think Vista has that option (since I'm using Vista-64 bit). Just shows an option of what program to open it with.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 2009-09-05 20:28:06 »

Ah, those bolt3 and fire3 spells looked good 8-)

BTW, I think people need to trim their quotes :wink:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1271 on: 2009-09-05 20:31:25 »

Too lazy, lol.  :-P

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 2009-09-05 20:33:56 »

Too lazy, lol.  :-P

Whats that?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 2009-09-05 20:34:39 »
Too lazy, lol.  :-P

Pfft, it's easy; you just use "Insert Quote", and delete the bits you don't want to quote. :-D The thing is, those long strings of quotes can be quite hard to understand.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1274 on: 2009-09-05 20:34:54 »

Too lazy, lol.  :-P

Whats that?
I think he means when we quote each other, to shorten it because sometimes we keep on quoting each other and its like a HUGE purple box for just to put one statement, lol. :-P