Author Topic: FF9 midi player???  (Read 5171 times)

Anonymous

FF9 midi player???
« on: 2002-02-01 14:40:00 »
Hi, I'm new here and i saw a lot of wonderful prog. around...but I can't find a FF9 midi player...is this exist?????????

atzn

• View Profile
FF9 midi player???
« Reply #1 on: 2002-02-01 18:59:00 »
It's not a FF9 Midi Player actually....

I think Qhimm might have abandoned this project... I don't know   :-?

Goku7

• View Profile
FF9 midi player???
« Reply #2 on: 2002-02-01 20:24:00 »
The closest thing there would be is the FF9 mod on the FFSF site.  While only some songs are on the Mod, the songs are for the most part identical to the game, notation-wise.

penetrator

FF9 midi player???
« Reply #3 on: 2002-02-21 14:28:00 »
I thought that the quality of those songs was terrible and some of them were all wrong, e.g. the FF8 run music was replaced with FF9 boss music. Otherwise it is quite good, if you like listen FF9 musics instead of FF8's.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
FF9 midi player???
« Reply #4 on: 2002-02-22 21:21:00 »
goku> ive been meaning to ask...... what exactly does your mod do?

Goku7

• View Profile
FF9 midi player???
« Reply #5 on: 2002-02-22 23:37:00 »
It simply applies some of the tracks from FF9 to FF8.  It came about largely as something to do for fun, since I had recently installed a copy of DirectMusic Producer, and I wanted to see what it could do.

True, a majority of the songs do not sound like the OST.  Notation-wise they should be more or less exact (except for the FF9 boss theme, because of the way the drums are set up.  I've fixed a majority of those problems now, but they won't be available until the next release of the mod.).  Instrument sample-wise, no they are not exact.  But that's because we don't have any good FF9 instrument samples.  I've also had some difficulty with the strings and saw wave sections of the FF9 battle theme, I can't exactly get the volume balanced yet.  All the string notes toward the end of the song are there, it's just that they're being played at a lower volume I had needed for the beginning of the song.

Hmm.....perhaps I should include a disclaimer that says that the mod uses FF8 instruments, and not FF9's so there will be some differences.  But, I suppose that same fact does make it mesh a little better with the rest of the FF8 soundtrack.