Author Topic: The Great FF7 FAQ (now outdated)  (Read 367045 times)

Vallander

• View Profile
yeah i did :\

i renamed the 00 to char.lgp and the 01 to world_us.lgp

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
After doin that you placed them back in their correct folders in game?...example: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field for char.lgp? and world_us.lgp to C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\wm folder ?

Vallander

• View Profile
yes i did that and it still crashed.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Then use the NPC-RP first...if it works there's nothing wrong with your game. but if it has the same prob.. You have some compatibility issues. Install Aalis driver before you install NPC_RP or PRP so you can use its APP.LOG txt file and send it here in the forum...I'll try to look at it...

Vallander

• View Profile
ok i reinstalled ff7, then installed (in this order)
-Aali's custom driver
-FF7 v1.02 patch
-Advent Avatars patch
worked fine up until there ^^.
then i ran the NPC RP patcher, and after i clicked new game, a message popped up saying: "Failed to load ACFE.aki"

then created the crash file.
and now i finally have something in the app.log so ill post it here

Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE 128 Pro Ultra x86/SSE2 1.2.1716 WinXP Release
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, mid=1, pid=102,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: G:\FF7\Movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
SET VOLUME 5: 127
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save00.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
OFFSET ERROR: ACFE.a
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ACFE.a
ERROR: unhandled exception
[\code]

hopefully this helps. again thanx for being patient here :P

obesebear

• View Profile
Open your original char.lgp and extract 'acfe.a'  now replace 'acfe.a' in your current char.lgp with the original one...

Vallander

• View Profile
*sigh* now i screwed up worse.

when i re-installed it (i messed up replacing the acfe file) right when i hit 'finish' to restart the computer and activate it, i realized i forgot to remove the disc first...and now the files, corrupted, cuz anytime i try to load the disc, all it does is browse whats inside the disc, and when i try to look thru it , it says that the file is corrupted. do you think you could send me a clean install file if possible? i'd really appreciate it :(

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Corrupted installer?...Oops there...You made a worse case scenario happen huh?.... hmm....sad to say not too many folks here like to give their installers ( IDK that its possible though?? )..

Where did you bought your game man? I suggest using alternative solutions ( but everybody here hates the IDEA though ) like the other EDITIONS of the game perhaps?..Copy what you need and uninstall it. It's also less cheaper too!... :lol:

<I know...2x but hey the man wants to play right?>

Vallander

• View Profile
lol never mind. somehow its working again :P

idk what i did but when i randomly tried it again yesterday, it brought up the install screen ^__^. im gonna try to reinstall today and try what you guys suggested. ill let ya know how it goes. thanx again.

EDIT: as for the other editions i actually used to have ultima edition since you didnt need to use different discs, but i heard it was horrible for modding so i dug out my old copy :)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
You could use the no-cd patch of The Ultima Edition for your benefits by the way!....So goodluck!

Curambar

Hey there!
I installed FF7 last night and I couldn't make it work. I have Win Xp, 160 Ram, NO VIDEO CARD other than the crappy integrated SIS 630 that comes with the motherboard. DirectX 9.0, integrated sound card.

I already tried the 1.02 patch, windows 95 - 98 compatibility mode, copying the movies to the HD and altering the register... but to no avail. So far, once, I managed to start the game, it played the "Eidos" welcome screen and it promptly exited to the desktop.
Normal behaviour is black screen, followed by desktop again.
Even with the patch, the FF7config only allows me to 640x480 quarter and full screen. Audio seems to play right (at least, that one time when the eidos intro was played it had sound).

I had installed once (a few HD formats back) that no-fmvs version that's prowling internet (all videos weight 0 bytes, that one), and it played just right. But now, with the real thing, it's getting me more and more frustrated.

Any ideas?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Download aali's driver. Should fix the problem with the movies not playing then you can play the game

Curambar

Indeed, with this plugin, the movies issue was solved, that is, I could see the Eidos intro now. ONCE.
But as the intro ended, the game still crashed to the desktop, leaving no trace whatsoever, app.log is 0 bytes, and the folder full with *.P files (dunno what are they). Then, next time I tried, not even the intro movie was played again.
Dunno what is going on here, I'm about to give up and install Virtual PC with Win 98 just to play this xD

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
@ Curambar

Did ya try playing it without using the compatibility mode?

I mean play it with out checking the "run in compatibility..."

Try that first...coz I have WIN XP Pro SP2..and it works fine even without the Mods ( already fixed the movies and registries..)

ADD:

1.02 patch is installed too...hehe forgot!  :-D

Curambar

I'll try it tonight when I get home...
One thing. In what order should I install the patches? 1.02 followed by Aali? Or the other way around?

I tried it on virtual PC and it works wonderfully... except for the part where I have ONLY 160MB OF RAM  :x so I can just put 64MB into VPC, ergo, it's slooow. And it hanged up after the first movie, it was supposed to put the two guards next to the train, and the animation stopped with two red rendered guards being put into position. I was sleepy and I didn't wait to see if it defroze after that, I will try that later and tell you the results of running FFVII in an emulated Win 98 with 64MB of RAM ^_^

I wish I knew how to program, so I could help with that FF7 engine project I saw back there somewhere.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Q-Gears? Oh man, I *am* a programmer and I wish I had the stuff to help out with that.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
One thing. In what order should I install the patches? 1.02 followed by Aali? Or the other way around?

Aali's driver isn't a patch, so it doesn't matter.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile

I tried it on virtual PC and it works wonderfully... except for the part where I have ONLY 160MB OF RAM  :x so I can just put 64MB into VPC, ergo, it's slooow. And it hanged up after the first movie, it was supposed to put the two guards next to the train, and the animation stopped with two red rendered guards being put into position. I was sleepy and I didn't wait to see if it defroze after that, I will try that later and tell you the results of running FFVII in an emulated Win 98 with 64MB of RAM ^_^

I wish I knew how to program, so I could help with that FF7 engine project I saw back there somewhere.

Try it 1.02 first then the rest of the MODS if its ok now... So you're using the ISOs ( Virtual PC ) Am I right?.. hmm.. think you should try the renaming of your HD to a FFVII disc (depends on where you installed FFVII game..) this was suggested way back but IDK the name of the guy..

Aali's driver isn't a patch, so it doesn't matter.

There ya go!..SO no worries....

Hylian

I'm not having any problems with the videos but I'm still crashing after installing the Patch 1.02...
Playing on a laptop with winXP.

Has anyone here solved all the issues related to the pc version of this game?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I'm not having any problems with the videos but I'm still crashing after installing the Patch 1.02...
Playing on a laptop with winXP.

Has anyone here solved all the issues related to the pc version of this game?
We've all here gotten the game to work on all different types of setups.

Try running the game in compatibility mode for windows 98, and switching the rendering to hardware and checking the TNT option in ff7config graphics.

If that doesn't work. Use the search feature to find Aali's custom graphics driver for ff7. That pretty much fixes/improves everything.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-16 20:02:55 by titeguy3 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
ya still got probs?...Post a pic if ya will....ok man?  :-D

jedinikina

Hi there! I use a Windows Vista to play my FF7. I use the patches that get of grid lines, that let videos play, and that let me play the chocobo game. I noticed that some movies have no sound to them whatsoever, in-game or straight from the disc. What should I do?

Hylian

I installed the Aali's Driver and everything is fine now. Just crashed when I used Cid's limit break Lv 2 on that first Weapon fight. But at the second time I managed to "beat" it without having to use it.

Just hope it doesn't crash again with some other boss.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-02 17:09:01 by Hylian »

jedinikina

Geez, it's been a month. Is anyone going to help me with my problem?

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
Did you tried to reinstall the game? Do the sound test and music test in ff7config works?
Are you using "run as admin" when executing ff7.exe ?